Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2012, 00:16   #1231
BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Leaving the 220 parked at a local street overnight = broken fairing, missing indicators, missing logos, missing tank pad, missing accelerator cable, missing starter motor, dozen scratches, torn seats, broken disc brake master cylinder, missing screen, broken handlebar and semi unbolted end can. Yeah, the 220 ends up ROBBED & VANDALIZED.
It is a pain to see your ride in that condition. Pulsars irrespective of the states are a hot target of thieves who will knock the badges and the tank pads. Yamaha badges too are famous among these people. They seem to have gone too far in your case. They must have been in high spirits. By the way, in which part of the city had you parked your bike? It will help others be careful while choosing a parking location.
Old 23rd May 2012, 01:51   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
It is a pain to see your ride in that condition. Pulsars irrespective of the states are a hot target of thieves who will knock the badges and the tank pads. Yamaha badges too are famous among these people. They seem to have gone too far in your case. They must have been in high spirits. By the way, in which part of the city had you parked your bike? It will help others be careful while choosing a parking location.
Hi,
firstly, as many have been saying, this seems to be a work of a few elements having a grudge against me. Have launched an investigation regarding the same. As for the location, well, it was parked at the shopping complex right outside a little known restaurant called Hi-gene, Dhanori, which is some 2 kms from my college at D.Y.Patil Lohegaon campus.
Old 29th May 2012, 11:24   #1233
Senior - BHPian

A chain reaction of rear endings on the bypass this morning.

Just before Sus Rd overbridge, a chain of rear endings occured, damaging 4 cars in the bargain. What triggered the incident isnt sure, but saw a cab, a Swift and an Alto damaged due to this.

Needless to say, this did cause queues for sometime.
Old 29th May 2012, 12:10   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Saw a bike gone under a white pickup truck this morning on Nagar road (just after the Kalyani Nagar junction with the under construction bridge.
There were a couple of cops there, and a small traffic jam.
The biker and the truck fellows were not there, but it looked like a bad accident for the biker.
Old 29th May 2012, 14:36   #1235
BHPian

Another chain of rear endings in front of Chest Hospital, Aundh Road. And what a list of vehicles in the chain reaction!
1. VW Polo (With Temp Plate)
2. Tata Vista (With Temp Plate)
3. Indica cab
4. Two 100cc bikes
5. Tata 407

Last edited by zalaps : 29th May 2012 at 14:37.
Old 29th May 2012, 15:40   #1236
Senior - BHPian

27 killed in road accident on Mumbai-Pune Expressway - Indian Express

This is such horrible news :( 27 killed. Highest till date in a single accident on Mumbai Pune expressway. Can't imagine the situation at the groom's house.
Old 29th May 2012, 16:25   #1237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
27 killed in road accident on Mumbai-Pune Expressway - Indian Express

This is such horrible news :( 27 killed. Highest till date in a single accident on Mumbai Pune expressway. Can't imagine the situation at the groom's house.
Its indeed very tragic. People were crushed and sandwiched between the two stationary buses when the tempo rammed in from behind. May their souls rest in peace and hope that the couple's new life wont be in the shadow of this trauma.

More in here: 27 wedding guests killed in freak e-way mishap - The Times of India
Old 29th May 2012, 16:53   #1238
BHPian

I was coming from Khalapur toll naka to Pune yesterday at @ 3:00 PM. Just after the toll naka, there were 2 mini buses parked next to each other and in between the buses were a few people (10 - 15, may be even more) having their lunch. They were sitting on the road between the two buses. I was not aware of this accident then as I was out to Murud and then told my wife about how negligent these people were who had stopped on the express-way for their lunch. I arrived in Pune and later read the accident news which happened more or less at the same location.
Don't know when people are going to follow some sensible/basic/easy-to-follow/safety traffic rules like "DO NOT STOP ON EXPRESSWAY"!!!

Last edited by Figopian : 29th May 2012 at 16:55.
Old 29th May 2012, 17:57   #1239
Senior - BHPian

But Figopian, did you read the news entirely? There were two tempo travellers carrying the wedding guests. The tire of one was punctured, and the second one stopped to help him change the tire. Meanwhile, the convoy got down to stretch legs and perhaps get fresh air, which was unfortunately the same path the truck took to speed up.

How can one NOT stop on expressway after a puncture on the same expressway? Should people continue with a flat tire?
Old 30th May 2012, 11:37   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
I was coming from Khalapur toll naka to Pune yesterday at @ 3:00 PM. Just after the toll naka, there were 2 mini buses parked next to each other and in between the buses were a few people (10 - 15, may be even more) having their lunch. They were sitting on the road between the two buses. I was not aware of this accident then as I was out to Murud and then told my wife about how negligent these people were who had stopped on the express-way for their lunch. I arrived in Pune and later read the accident news which happened more or less at the same location.
Don't know when people are going to follow some sensible/basic/easy-to-follow/safety traffic rules like "DO NOT STOP ON EXPRESSWAY"!!!
Figopian- Saw a similar scene before Khalapur toll yesterday coming down from Mumbai. A mini bus parked on the shoulder and 10-15 people having a meal resting on the grass et al. More stringent patrolling of the expressway is required and a NO STOPPING rule needs to be enforced strictly. Have seen a LOT of people stopping to smell the roses so to speak on the expressway and take in the sights have a meal or a loo break!
Old 30th May 2012, 15:00   #1241
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to hear about the mishap. Except the driver of the truck, I doubt one can pinpoint on anybody else's fault.

On a OT note - had a query with regards to the expressway. Suppose one gets a toll slip for Pune to Mumbai, can one opt to get off at Lonavala, and get in again (towards Mumbai) using the same toll slip? Or does the slip turn invalid once you leave the expressway (midway)?
Old 30th May 2012, 15:18   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
On a OT note - had a query with regards to the expressway. Suppose one gets a toll slip for Pune to Mumbai, can one opt to get off at Lonavala, and get in again (towards Mumbai) using the same toll slip? Or does the slip turn invalid once you leave the expressway (midway)?
Well, I have done this once. I opted for the toll slip to Mumbai but decided to take a detour into lonavala and have food at the restaurant / hotel called Kailash Parbat there instead of the food mall on the expressway. I then got back on the expressway and continued to Mumbai. No questions asked at the toll booth where they inspect your toll ticket.

Disclaimer: This however was a few years back. Dont know if anything has changed.
shreeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 15:22   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Yes you can take the Lonavala exit, enjoy Maganlal chikki, Bhushi dam, INS Shivaji etc, come back & join the expressway beyond Khandala. The long straight on the old NH4 (in front of the Duke's Nose) that sharply turns towards right (almost 270 degrees), joins the expressway. Then the expressway & the old NH4 are common (one & the same for a few kms) until the Khopoli exit. The NH4 diverts to Khopoli on the LHS & you can continue on the e'way straight. All this if you continue your onward journey the same day. New day & you will have to get a new toll receipt

Edit: Shreeps, it is still the same way. There is no toll booth between Lonavala/Khandala & the e'way, so if you decide to join the e'way from Lonavala/Khandala, you can continue on the same toll receipt.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 30th May 2012 at 15:25.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 15:24   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Well, I have done this once. I opted for the toll slip to Mumbai but decided to take a detour into lonavala and have food at the restaurant / hotel called Kailash Parbat there instead of the food mall on the expressway. I then got back on the expressway and continued to Mumbai. No questions asked at the toll booth where they inspect your toll ticket.

Disclaimer: This however was a few years back. Dont know if anything has changed.
Toll Ticket should be valid for some X hours time limit. I always see VRL trucks parked at HP petrol pump. Reason for parking should be to align with thane crossing timings.
zalaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 15:50   #1245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Yes you can take the Lonavala exit, enjoy Maganlal chikki, Bhushi dam, INS Shivaji etc, come back & join the expressway beyond Khandala. The long straight on the old NH4 (in front of the Duke's Nose) that sharply turns towards right (almost 270 degrees), joins the expressway. Then the expressway & the old NH4 are common (one & the same for a few kms) until the Khopoli exit. The NH4 diverts to Khopoli on the LHS & you can continue on the e'way straight. All this if you continue your onward journey the same day. New day & you will have to get a new toll receipt

Edit: Shreeps, it is still the same way. There is no toll booth between Lonavala/Khandala & the e'way, so if you decide to join the e'way from Lonavala/Khandala, you can continue on the same toll receipt.

Oops. Forgot about the exit option from Lonavala towards Mumbai.

I should have probably worded my query better. What I meant to ask, is the toll slip valid if I exit & re-enter within a short timeline? Say I did the other way, Mumbai - Lonavala - Pune. This time I'll have the toll gate at Lonavala while re-entering the expressway right?

Last edited by ninjatalli : 30th May 2012 at 15:52.

Most Viewed