Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2012, 17:29   #1306
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Thanks SwIn. Was caused due to a brand new Ritz ZXi standing upright on its nose.
No idea how it happened. "L" boards on the rear windscreen, even seat plastic covers not removed.
Couldnt get a proper look as I was driving (instead of being in the bus) and there was too much of a crowd.
I encountered the jam starting a bit after Pashan lake mandir.
A picture shared by my friend.
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-img00047201207160959.jpg
pjbiju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 17:48   #1307
Senior - BHPian

whoa, thats quite a weird direction that the car has nosed into. looks like a high speed last minute swerve. any update on what happened to the driver?

Last edited by selfdrive : 16th July 2012 at 17:49.
Old 17th July 2012, 08:35   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Someone told that it was a lady at the wheels. Can we rule out involvement of second vehicle? I couldn't see any scratches elsewhere though.
Old 17th July 2012, 09:30   #1309
Team-BHP Support

Ever since I have moved to Baner, there hasn't been a single day when I wasn't stuck in a jam just before Symantec. There is a desperate need for a traffic signal at that intersection. On similar lines, the road opposite the BP petrol pump on Baner road is a nightmare as well. Noopster would know what I am talking about.
Old 17th July 2012, 10:17   #1310
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ That's true. For residents of Sus Road, the Baner-Pashan Link Road is the quickest way to get to Aundh and its nearby areas. So I take that road quite often.
  1. The Symantec junction is a complete mess. Funnily enough it is not that crowded, but people driving on Baner Road do not stop to yield to vehicles coming from the Link Road and vice versa. What can be easily handled by some consideration and giving way turns into rabid churning 4-way jams in no time. A traffic signal is badly needed here but somehow I doubt it would be very effective.
  2. The Link Road itself is in bad shape. Except for the stretch parallel to Baner Road (from Ranmala restaurant to Rolling Hills), which is a nice wide well-tarred stretch, the rest of the road is barely 2 lanes wide. The stretch after Regent Plaza is a nightmare- totally potholed with drain covers dangerously close to breaking etc. Rumour has it that stretch is actually a private property hence neither PMC nor the owner is interested in maintaining it. Whatever, it is a public thoroughfare and needs to be maintained.
  3. There are no footpaths on the entire stretch. Once my Dad and I tried to take a walk from near Saffron restaurant to Regent Plaza. We gave up about halfway since it was too suicidal. Made him wait near Kuber Bahar and sprinted back home and got the car!
  4. The actual Baner-Pashan Link Road that is expected to be built on the road coming out near Pashan Gaon (on the road where Kumar Shantiniketan is) shows no signs of developing. If it had been active by now, the load on the current Link Rd would be significantly reduced.
Right now it is a death trap, and nobody seems to care.
noopster is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 10:40   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Right now it is a death trap, and nobody seems to care.
+1. Its probably one of the worst roads in that area. I remember there was another road through Rolling Hills which was better but later closed for the outsiders.

Last edited by noopster : 22nd July 2012 at 22:14. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 17th July 2012, 10:41   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Someone told that it was a lady at the wheels. Can we rule out involvement of second vehicle? I couldn't see any scratches elsewhere though.
Were there any injuries ?
I am pretty sure there was no impact either on the side or the rear , from whatever I could see. The vehicle was carrying "L" boards.
Also, we can rule out a frontal impact since airbags were not deployed. (It was the ZXi) model.

Does anyone know about another accident near Lohia Jain complex yesterday evening ? Looked like a grey WagonR had rolled over on its sides. When I passed by at around ~8ish, it was being towed away.
Old 17th July 2012, 10:44   #1313
Senior - BHPian

^^^ I drive through this patch everyday, since I work at Symantec. The worst time is when I leave office in the evening. I have to go ahead on the Baner Road, take a U turn, come back to this dreaded junction and somehow try to squeeze through this jam. Its an everyday affair. There used to be traffic police at the junction for a few weeks, but they have disappeared again. As everyone said, a signal is a must here.
Old 17th July 2012, 11:29   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo

Were there any injuries ?
I am pretty sure there was no impact either on the side or the rear , from whatever I could see. The vehicle was carrying "L" boards.
Also, we can rule out a frontal impact since airbags were not deployed. (It was the ZXi) model.

Does anyone know about another accident near Lohia Jain complex yesterday evening ? Looked like a grey WagonR had rolled over on its sides. When I passed by at around ~8ish, it was being towed away.
No further details are known. I saw a few lady constables and an ambulance when I passed by. My acquaintance claims he saw a lady taken out but was not sure of her condition. If everyone wore seat belts then it should just be fine.

The wagon r was side swiped by a truck it seems. This too was told by the same person. No further details on this either.

Edit: above information was told yesterday morning. So if you saw this yesterday evening then I could be wrong.

Last edited by anilisanil : 17th July 2012 at 11:32.
Old 17th July 2012, 11:56   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Coincidentally, I have a picture of this junction shot at 2:30 Pm in the afternoon when its not the same dreaded junction.
Attached Thumbnails
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-sym_junction-copy.jpg  

Old 17th July 2012, 12:48   #1316
BHPian

The scenario has changed for the Baner-Pashan Link Road over the last 1+ year since I have moved here, it wasn't so crowded and people were sensible enough to give way.

I find getting off the Baner road to the Link Road in the evenings is a major issue, with lot of Morons blocking the entire road wanting to take a right towards Aundh. Most of the time I see water tankers on the wrong side here, with Rickshaw's parked at times on the entry point makes life difficult as they don't even move.

This junction is in dire need of a Signal or traffic police.
Old 17th July 2012, 14:11   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Rumour has it that stretch is actually a private property hence neither PMC nor the owner is interested in maintaining it. Whatever, it is a public thoroughfare and needs to be maintained.
That, is apparently true. That one single 'plot' is ownded by an individual, and is currently under litigation.
It seems that the person does not agree to the rate being quoted by the PMC for that plot.
So, till our extremely competant court declares a verdict, that patch would remain as is.
Old 19th July 2012, 11:29   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Another accident at the now infamous Praj junction. This time, on the south bound road (leading towards Chandani Chowk).
Apparently, 3 trucks were involved in the crash, 2 out of which were still at the accident spot.
That accident ensured a long queue all the way to Sus overbridge, on the south bound road.

Anyone heading that ways, you are better off taking the Pashan- Bavdhan route.
Old 20th July 2012, 19:38   #1319
BHPian

Huge traffic jam right from Bremen chowk to nul stop, and extending further. Stuck in it for 45 minutes and counting. :-(
Please avoid this route. If you can though! ;-)
Old 31st July 2012, 12:20   #1320
Senior - BHPian

The traffic situation was really bad yesterday evening.
I started off from HJW at 6.25 , reached Ginger hotel 10 minutes later, and was stuck on the NH4 for a full hour and a half. An Indica/Spark/Baleno had rear ended each other opposite Sayaji, and further down the road, a truck had broken down. I was almost constantly in first gear all the way till Sus. From there on, it improved for about 5 minutes , but then , it was a crawl all the way to Praj and beyond. Finally lost patience and went off via Bavdhan.

Today morning was no different either. Extremely heavy rains made visibility very bad , even with a full wiper speed. Heavy jam extended from Balewadi all the way to the innards of Hinjewadi. The fact that they were not allowing anyone to take the left turn into IT park just after Octroi Post was making things worse.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-image281.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks