Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 14:06   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
The parallel road (Club Solaris) is so better lit and paved than this one.
Oh you think! Thats another route I need to tread through every single day! Firstly, its a small lane. To top that, Solaris patrons park their vehicles haphazardly on the road, thinking its their right to do so.
I have complained to Solaris management so many times. Result: "Sir what can we do? Our patrons do not listen to us"!
Old 9th August 2011, 14:14   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Oh you think! Thats another route I need to tread through every single day! Firstly, its a small lane. To top that, Solaris patrons park their vehicles haphazardly on the road, thinking its their right to do so.
I agree its a mess, its just that I am not up and moving when people exercise or play! I still think the surface and lighting is better.
See, this is one of the places where the parking (and stopping) needs to be supervised as against the road outside City Pride.

There is another spot which is a major cause of traffic blocks: the metal rods erected just below the SNDT flyover. While travelling on Karve road from Karishma society/ Mayur colony towards SNDT, vehicles have to pass beneath the flyover. Immediately after passing under the flyover, there are some rods (not sure what they are called) placed to create a traingular island. This segregates traffic coming from Paud road and Karve road, but the place is a mess especially in the mornings as the traffic from Kothrud / karve statue area is turning directly into this menace. There is usually a cop standing there signalling to vehicles to go around the barriers.
Old 9th August 2011, 14:15   #168
Senior - BHPian

Rediff reports that Mumbai - Pune E-way is blocked due to a farmers agitation turning violent. Forum members please exercise caution if you/someone you know is planning to travel to Pune/Mumbai by car today.

Live! Govt hits back at Opposition for Par adjournments - Rediff.com India News

In case anyone is travelling to Mumbai/Pune via the E-way today, updates on the above situation can be got from the Highway Police on 98334 98334 or 98675 98675.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 9th August 2011 at 14:26.
comfortablynumb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 08:55   #169
Senior - BHPian

Guys please avoid nh4 right now. There is bad congestion for some reason. And the traffic seems really badly choked. My bus is stuck at chandani now. - posted from my phone.
Old 10th August 2011, 09:03   #170
Senior - BHPian

Please ignore the earlier message. Turns out to be a false alarm. Cannot edit my earlier post because its darned difficult from a non android non iOS non smart phone.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:23   #171
Senior - BHPian

^^Your warnings werent false. There was jam all the way to CC today morning. God knows why.
Even on the entire stretch of the bypass, the overall speed was very slow.
Old 10th August 2011, 20:10   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks I need to deposit a cheque at Credila in Nirmiti Heights, Deccan opposite DCC Mall. How do I get there from University? And where do I park in the daytime (say just after 10 am)?
Old 11th August 2011, 08:40   #173
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Folks I need to deposit a cheque at Credila in Nirmiti Heights, Deccan opposite DCC Mall. How do I get there from University? And where do I park in the daytime (say just after 10 am)?
Failed BHPian Vagabond tells me that DCC computer mall is near the Deccan Gymkhana Bus stand. In that case you can park on JM road after Shambhaji Park and take an auto. You should get parking just before 10 am. Another option is to park on the RHS before Garware Circle next to City Pride.
Old 11th August 2011, 09:26   #174
BHPian

^^ Dot is right.
In addition there is also a pay and park parking space/ground available just before the McDonalds on LHS on the way from Sambhaji Park towards Deccan Bus Stand.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:29   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Failed BHPian Vagabond tells me that DCC computer mall is near the Deccan Gymkhana Bus stand. In that case you can park on JM road after Shambhaji Park and take an auto. You should get parking just before 10 am. Another option is to park on the RHS before Garware Circle next to City Pride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
In addition there is also a pay and park parking space/ground available just before the McDonalds on LHS on the way from Sambhaji Park towards Deccan Bus Stand.
@noop, you have a few options to get to Deccan from University.

Considering the time, here are the recommended ones in terms of priority:
- Ganeshkhind road till Sancheti hospital and then right turn to JM road. You should take the flyover at Agriculture college chowk. Please keep to your right after you pass Simla office chowk. On JM road, keep going straight till you reach Deccan bus stand. Also, immediately opposite McDonalds (near Khyber restaurant, there are a few parking spots that should be available in the morning. If you dont get any, you could take a right turn on Garware bridge and try for parking on FC road outside Sagar Arcade.

- Senapati Bapat road: Bhandarkar road: Deccan. You could park either at PYC (for this turn right before Goodluck chowk) or at Deccan bus stand. Just where you take a right to reach Deccan bus stand, there are a few parking slots on the left side. Please ensure you dont double park here, it is a favourite haunt for the tow truck guys!

- Senapati Bapat road: BMCC: FC road. Parking is available on FC road (left side for 4 wheelers, right side: Vaishali side for 2 wheelers)

Last edited by selfdrive : 11th August 2011 at 10:32.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:38   #176
Senior - BHPian

In the past, I have parked on that narrow road opposite DCC too. Is it illegal ?
Old 11th August 2011, 10:51   #177
Senior - BHPian

Which is the DCC mall? Been in Pune for the past 31 years and I still dont know .

Noop, you might have reached there by now. But for future reference of all BHPians, the best place to park on JM road is the pay and park, right next to McDonalds. Or, in front of City Pride Deccan (opp Deccan bus stand) if there is space.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:55   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Which is the DCC mall? Been in Pune for the past 31 years and I still dont know .
might be a new one or a newly named one! I dont know it either, just gave parking/ route info based on the location as mentioned by dot's friend

noop, let us know if you found another parking place than the ones mentioned here.

Talking of parking in Deccan area, I was reminded of an incident earlier this monsoon, when 5 cars parked on the riverside were flooded (opposite to where the real circus is put up). Apparently, the irrigation department had not given advance notice of releasing water.

Last edited by selfdrive : 11th August 2011 at 10:58.
Old 11th August 2011, 11:00   #179
Senior - BHPian

I dunno what DCC Mall is either. But I do know what DCC is. In the past it was "the" place to go if you were building a PC. I am assuming its the same place, just being called "Mall" now.
Its right next to Sukanta restaurant.

EDIT : As mentioned by selfdribe , dont park on the riverside road if you are in any of the two restaurants or at DCC. Periodic water release may cause your vehicle to be submerged suddenly, and without notice.

Last edited by sajo : 11th August 2011 at 11:05.
Old 11th August 2011, 11:12   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Talking of parking in Deccan area, I was reminded of an incident earlier this monsoon, when 5 cars parked on the riverside were flooded (opposite to where the real circus is put up). Apparently, the irrigation department had not given advance notice of releasing water.
Bala, you are scaring the hell out of noop by saying so.
Don't worry noop it hasn't rained heavily for past 2 days as yet.

Anyway your best bet to parkig as (Swan)nand said is pay and park, right next to McDonalds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks