Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 17:24   #841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil
Help needed.

In one of my trips to Hyd, I hit one of those huge pot holes at a very high speed, while the only damage perceived then was a torn out tire, in a recent visit to the SC, I realized that the alloy wheel got bent a little bit. The bend is not visibly apparent, but one can notice it if you jack the vehicle up and rotate the wheel.

So I need help from you guys on getting this repaired (if that is feasible/safe). SC guys referred me to Anand Traders near Nashik Phata, but as the saying goes, the more the merrier, so please help!
Wow, how did the alloy bend ? What was the tire pressure ?
Old 17th January 2012, 17:36   #842
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
So I need help from you guys on getting this repaired (if that is feasible/safe). SC guys referred me to Anand Traders near Nashik Phata, but as the saying goes, the more the merrier, so please help!
This seems to be a very rare case of an alloy wheel getting bend. Normally an alloy wheel would crack if the impact is very severe, only steel rims bend on hitting a pot hole. Nevertheless you can visit Anand traders, Kasarwadi & have an opinion. If you are doing frequent highway trips, then it would be advisable to discard it & go for a replacement.
Old 20th January 2012, 11:27   #843
Senior - BHPian

This morning there was a huge traffic jam at the left turn from SNDT and Law College road.
Apparently some bright bird brain had the bulb to dig up the left side of the Law college road at that Canal road junction (where thus left turn meets LC road). The traffic signal was switched off and it was a free for all despite the presence of a cop.

I would like to recommend avoiding that turn, but there is no other route to go to SB road. If you are headed towards Deccan, please continue straight on Karve road.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 11:36   #844
Senior - BHPian

So basically, if one coming from Kothrud needs to head towards Law College road, he would need to end up going straight on Karve Rd, turn left into Prabhat Rd and then left again to join Law College road? Ha, pretty easy that!

PMC authorities need to head back to school to learn basics of.. umm... basics!
Atrocious planning, this.
Old 20th January 2012, 12:33   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
So basically, if one coming from Kothrud needs to head towards Law College road, he would need to end up going straight on Karve Rd, turn left into Prabhat Rd and then left again to join Law College road? Ha, pretty easy that!

PMC authorities need to head back to school to learn basics of.. umm... basics!
Atrocious planning, this.
beep beep. and you are caught in another jam!
Because all the traffic going toward Law college road is being routed via the Canal road, the traffic is a mess at the junction where Canal road meets Prabhat road. And where Prabhat road meets Law college road. So a better option would be to continue via KNP/ Bhandarkar road and reach SB road.

Atrocious planning? Of course! All it takes is to put a board at SNDT stating the WIP and people wont go there.
And who the hell decides that an excavator should be used on a city road. On a Friday!

Best option I have heard today is to buy a horse.
I would also carry two spears along with me just in case

Last edited by selfdrive : 20th January 2012 at 12:35.
Old 20th January 2012, 13:45   #846
BHPian

SD, thats the case with most of the roads in Pune. For some reason or the other, they have been dug up in a haphazard manner and trust me, driving through them is a pain and a half!
subodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 14:31   #847
BHPian

Guys, had to go through horrendous traffic jam to travel to office on SB road (fm Kothrud). Apparently a water line bursted close to the canal road square, resulted in traffic started building from Karishma (Paud road) until entering law college road and not moving for sometime. Took good 1.15 hrs for me (the normal 25 mins drive).

PS: Once traffic slows down, the maddness on road picks up exponentially Thanks to the restlessness and zero consideration on our roads.

Saw a plight of mid age lady driver, trying to cross canal junction ,however no one was allowing her for 10 mins of so. Just dont understand when traffic in front of you not moving, whats the point in stopping the person to turn in. Got off the car and stopped bikers and other cars to let her move ahead.
sanstorm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 14:38   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
Guys, had to go through horrendous traffic jam to travel to office on SB road (fm Kothrud). Apparently a water line bursted close to the canal road square, resulted in traffic started building from Karishma (Paud road) until entering law college road and not moving for sometime. Took good 1.15 hrs for me (the normal 25 mins drive).
Aah so that was the reason they got the excavator there?
I noticed a leak there a few days ago and it wasnt getting any worse. Well not bad enough to call an excavator anyway.

Good to see someone who shares the same commute. You will have a PM from me soon!
Old 20th January 2012, 15:31   #849
BHPian

Guys, any idea if there is going to be any road from NH4 Baner junction to Hinjewadi Phase 3? Traffic jam in Hinjewadi main road is horrible. And I think it is just going to increase with more companies and residential projects coming there.
Old 20th January 2012, 15:47   #850
Senior - BHPian

Radek, welcome to this side of horrendous traffic!
Apparently, there was supposed to be road from Baner till Ph3, like eons ago.

A plan has been sanctioned for the same, and its been 3 years past that!
Old 20th January 2012, 15:59   #851
BHPian

Looks like many of us go to Hinjwadi everyday. So how many KMs you travel everyday to office and what is average time taken to reach there?

I travel 30 KM one way. From Satara road (via Katraj-NH4) to Hinjwadi. It takes me 1 hour in morning and 1.5 hours in evening with normal traffic jams.
Old 20th January 2012, 20:16   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Guys, any idea if there is going to be any road from NH4 Baner junction to Hinjewadi Phase 3? Traffic jam in Hinjewadi main road is horrible. And I think it is just going to increase with more companies and residential projects coming there.
Try this : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2409996

Last time, I traveled a couple of months ago, when potholes were being filled up. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2587556

The route:
Pashankar Auto, Pashan Highway Side Rd, Pune, Maharashtra 411021 to Infosys Phase 2 - Google Maps
rahul_sinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:20   #853
Senior - BHPian

Bala, saw what that burst pipeline has done to that road, this weekend.
The "work" has resulted in a big ditch on the road, where cars driving on it continuously has worsened the situation. My car actually scraped its bottom in that ditch, thanks to ill planning and haphazard work.

Hows the road situation? Monday morning must've been a chaos on that patch!
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:39   #854
Distinguished - BHPian

Traffic traffic traffic. Thankfully I had GNR to assist me through it.

Moderate traffic on Nagar Road at 9 a.m., slightly chocked up roads in Koregaon (Extn) Park at 9.15, a bit of 2-wheeler & 3-wheeler traffic at Ghorpadi at 9.30, gradually increasing traffic at Wanowrie & Fatima Nagar at 9.45, surprisingly empty roads at Camp at 10 a.m., moderate traffic at Corporation & Deccan at 10.20, thick but moving traffic on the University road at 10.30, almost empty roads in Baner at 10.40, chocked up roads on the Highway and Hinjewadi at 11.00 a.m.

Thats 2+ hours & 42 kms of city driving for you folks, thanks to the idiotic decision of car-pooling with a few colleagues, which is going to be repeated again in the evening. Thankfully today's the first & last day I am going to car-pool with these guys
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:44   #855
Team-BHP Support

Last evening, I had to drive to KSB chowk, Chinchwad to visit a relative. The route I took was Bavdhan - NH-4 towards Expressway - Turn right at the junction where Ginger hotel stands - Drive straight - Pass by Aditya Birla Hospital - new bridge over Chaphekar chowk - Pass by Tata Motors - take bridge over railway tracks - Turn left on Bombay - Pune road and take the first right. The drive time was just about 25 minutes.

I was impressed with the quality of the flyover at Chaphekar chowk which used to be a nightmare to cross. Driving / riding discipline in Pimpri-Chinchwad area does not exist but the ease with which I reached a far end of the city left me wondering how a simple flyover can make drive times shorter.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks