Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 16:13   #1036
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

noop, what time had you been there?

Evenings are a pain on that road, thanks to traffic at Phoenix Market City and Inorbit, which is just down the toads from Phoenix.

That said, the internal parking scene at both the malls is pretty well managed.
Old 5th March 2012, 18:38   #1037
BHPian

^^^ My only complaint is about the tight turns as you get into the parking. In my Xylo I have to do a three point turn every time there is a curve.

On a related note, Inorbit mall parking is extremely confusing. All the big numbers and alphabets have not helped me so far - or I might be missing some really simple rule!!!
Old 5th March 2012, 20:45   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
On a related note, Inorbit mall parking is extremely confusing. All the big numbers and alphabets have not helped me so far - or I might be missing some really simple rule!!!
Totally agree with you here.

First time i went there i made a mistake of not remembering on which level i had parked the car and had a harrowing time.

Second time i made sure i remembered the level but still had to search for the car. Somehow it gets very confusing even for me.

I think the issue is while parking and getting out we take one exit to reach the mall. But we may not necessarily take the same way on the way back from the mall.
Old 5th March 2012, 21:37   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Today while coming to office I noticed that the new section of the Holkar bridge (Bombay Sappers to Khadki Bazaar) has now been opened for public. The earlier section ended just after the river, but the new one ends in a long sweeping curve, just before the cantonment toll booth for yellow plate vehicles. Has anyone tried the new bridge, any feedback?
Old 5th March 2012, 22:38   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Has anyone tried the new bridge, any feedback?
It's nice. The bridge is very wide (3 lanes). The left most lane takes you to old Mumbai-Pune highway.

As the road work is in progress the entry to the bridge is narrow. This results in vehicles going zig-zag in case someone in right-most lane decides to go to mumbai-pune highway. I think this will be alright once the WIP completes.
Adi_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 09:24   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Has the station bridge (running adjacent to the railway track) reopened? The damn traffic caused on the Sancheti junction is getting on the nerves day by day!
Old 6th March 2012, 10:25   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Somebody please tell parents of Abhinav school students that they should not stop/ park their cars on that road between SNDT and Law college road. It is a winding road and squeezing in/ out of side lanes only aggravates the traffic jam at Paud phata.
These parked cars are also a hazard because speeding vehicles tend to swerve at the last minute endangering vehicles in the next lane.

Oh and why why WHY do people have to try and cross that road when there is a good pedestrian overbridge? At all times there is someone waiting bang in the middle of the road inviting some driver to run over them. Aaargghh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Has the station bridge (running adjacent to the railway track) reopened? The damn traffic caused on the Sancheti junction is getting on the nerves day by day!
What is your expected route? Let us try to recommend alternate routes so you avoid that Sancheti chowk hellhole

Last edited by selfdrive : 6th March 2012 at 10:27.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:20   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
What is your expected route? Let us try to recommend alternate routes so you avoid that Sancheti chowk hellhole
Well, I cant avoid the hellhole, as I travel in the company bus. Thats the route they are supposed to take!
Old 6th March 2012, 20:47   #1044
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
^^^ My only complaint is about the tight turns as you get into the parking. In my Xylo I have to do a three point turn every time there is a curve.
Even I had to do three point turns on Civic till recently when I have learnt exactly where to start turning. This learning has been aided by the fact that we go there every week.

But yes, those turns are real sharp.
Old 7th March 2012, 17:11   #1045
BHPian

Looks like two new malls are going to open in Erandawane in near future, one near Mhatre bridge (I think it's called Downtown City Centre mall) and other one near SM Joshi bridge/Garware/Ayurved Rasshala. I am not sure exactly what the second one is, but looking at the construction it sure looks like a new mall (Is it Pune Central by any chance? I see lot of red panels). Does anyone have more details?

In both the places the traffic scene is already not good, in fact the Mehendale garage chowk has already become almost as busy as Nal stop chowk. In case of the second mall, the roads nearby are too narrow to handle more traffic. While it's a good news that more shopping options are opening up in this side of Pune, I am worried that it will severely affect the traffic in this area.
Old 7th March 2012, 17:33   #1046
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Mandar

It is Pune Central near Garware. There is one funny thing I noticed. Right below the name 'Pune Central', its written "Brand New". Isn't that obvious?

I am even more worried about the Kumar's upcoming project near the SNDT flyover. When that gets fully functional, the only entrance to the project will be from Karve Road near the fly over and its going to create a huge mess when the whole project is occupied, especially during peak times.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 17:49   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
It is Pune Central near Garware. There is one funny thing I noticed. Right below the name 'Pune Central', its written "Brand New". Isn't that obvious?

I am even more worried about the Kumar's upcoming project near the SNDT flyover.
yes Ajay, these are going to be two big brand new places to avoid over the weekend evenings.

by the way, I have already ranted about that Kumar site a few days ago most probably on this same thread.

horrendous planning to say the least, especially when they are thinking of building an elevated metro line. Where over the Paud phata junction would that elevated thing pass?!

Last edited by selfdrive : 7th March 2012 at 17:50.
Old 7th March 2012, 23:24   #1048
BHPian

Got stuck up in massive traffic jam on Karve road during the evening peak hour. Heard that one bus broke down near SNDT. Vehicles piled up from all sides at Nal stop. After 30 mins of crawling in car managed to clear it. Most irritating were the morons who kept on honking even though there was not an inch to move forward.
Old 8th March 2012, 09:58   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
^^^ Mandar

It is Pune Central near Garware.
Cool. So my guess was right, because I had not seen the board.

Does anyone know what's coming near Mhatre bridge? Looks like mall + offices.
Old 8th March 2012, 11:02   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrtz125 View Post
Got stuck up in massive traffic jam on Karve road during the evening peak hour. Heard that one bus broke down near SNDT. Vehicles piled up from all sides at Nal stop. After 30 mins of crawling in car managed to clear it. Most irritating were the morons who kept on honking even though there was not an inch to move forward.

There is this clan of drivers who would start honking as soon as the signal turns green, as if all of the other cars would start driving at Mach speeds. It gives me sinister pleasure to drive slower than usual if I am ahead of such morons and irritate them the more they honk

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks