Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2012, 16:31   #1246
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I should have probably worded my query better. What I meant to ask, is the toll slip valid if I exit & re-enter within a short timeline? Say I did the other way, Mumbai - Lonavala - Pune. This time I'll have the toll gate at Lonavala while re-entering the expressway right?
I have not done this route, so cannot comment. But as far as I remember there is no toll booth even if you enter the e'way from Lonavala towards Pune. If my memory cheats me & there is one installed now, even then your toll receipt should hold good. Anyone who has recently done such a trip, can you please confirm my guess?
Old 30th May 2012, 16:52   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Oops. Forgot about the exit option from Lonavala towards Mumbai.

I should have probably worded my query better. What I meant to ask, is the toll slip valid if I exit & re-enter within a short timeline? Say I did the other way, Mumbai - Lonavala - Pune. This time I'll have the toll gate at Lonavala while re-entering the expressway right?

Hmm ... good point. I never tried this but I dont think it should be a problem. I am sure many people take the Lonavala detour both ways (mum-pun and vice versa). Sorry, cant cite specific cases.
Old 30th May 2012, 16:58   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I have not done this route, so cannot comment. But as far as I remember there is no toll booth even if you enter the e'way from Lonavala towards Pune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Hmm ... good point. I never tried this but I dont think it should be a problem. I am sure many people take the Lonavala detour both ways (mum-pun and vice versa). Sorry, cant cite specific cases.
All toll tickets are valid only till midnight, even the return ones. We found that out during the last mega meet. Confirmed by a friend who returned from Mumbai last month usng the e-way.

I dont think there is a gate at Lonavala when you enter the e-way.

Even if there is, you can claim you took a wrong turn and ended up having to endure Lonavla traffic! Bring us chikki from A-1 and tell us how you managed
Old 30th May 2012, 17:35   #1249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Bring us chikki from A-1 and tell us how you managed
So you caught on to the appropriate point, didn't ya!

Yessir, will do that. And you might have to drive down all the way to the dark side of the moon (i.e. Pune).

Btw the interest in these detours is because I might be traveling alone towards Mumbai, and I'd rather opt for any possible detours. Another option on my mind is to use the old highway just to make the drive more tolerable!
Old 31st May 2012, 12:07   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Ninja, if your toll receipt is till Panvel exit, then you can detour at Lonavala/Khandala/wherever on the e-way, as long as you take the final exit before midnight.
However, if the receipt is till Lonavala exit only, then you need to pay toll for the remaining journey on the e-way.
Hope that helps.

Now, did someone say chikki?? Hmm, even I want.. and I dont even need to travel to the dark side of the moon. We practically live there .
Old 31st May 2012, 12:18   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So you caught on to the appropriate point, didn't ya!
Yessir, will do that. And you might have to drive down all the way to the dark side of the moon (i.e. Pune).
Yes, I am training myself for that; thankfully the Vento has a big boot! I didnt get why you said we will have to drive down; we all live here.

by the way, I saw an article in the newspaper this morning stating that folks in Lonavla have outsourced 'environment tax' charging work to some contractor. They charge some 20 bucks if you go in town (15 + 5, I forget the break up).
Though Lonavla is not really categorised as a hill station. See if you want to argue with them
Old 31st May 2012, 12:31   #1252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Ninja, if your toll receipt is till Panvel exit, then you can detour at Lonavala/Khandala/wherever on the e-way, as long as you take the final exit before midnight.
However, if the receipt is till Lonavala exit only, then you need to pay toll for the remaining journey on the e-way.
Hope that helps.
Danke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Now, did someone say chikki?? Hmm, even I want.. and I dont even need to travel to the dark side of the moon. We practically live there .
So, lets schedule a tapri meet this coming Monday for sure.

The chikki's on me. And please don't expect any Maganlal's. I practically hate the brand (not the product!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Yes, I am training myself for that; thankfully the Vento has a big boot! I didnt get why you said we will have to drive down; we all live here.
What's the boot got to do with chikki?!!! Now don't get your expectations that high!

And you live on the bright side of the moon. The city side! Of course, you are welcome to visit the other side on Monday!
Old 31st May 2012, 21:15   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Accident outside my house. Oh wait, on the road near Monaro's house.
Outside Mahesh Vidyalaya
Swift and an auto head to head.
Lots of people milling around
About 8 to 10 cops, at least 1 lady cop and 1 carbine
Victims taken to hospital
Noise was heard around 100 metres away, though admittedly its an open area.
Both vehicles have been moved to the pavement outside the SBI ATM. Hopefully the impact didnt take the vehicles that far.

No pics.
Old 1st June 2012, 13:00   #1254
Senior - BHPian

^^
Update:
- The Swift had a political party logo/ sticker on its rear numberplate
- It wasnt to be seen anywhere this morning around 1045am.
- A small tow truck was standing next to the autorickshaw and a couple of guys were debating something.

Any update on what happened to the victims? Did one of the persons involved in the accident have connections higher up? I am intrigued.
A bit late for this mornings editions I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
You can read everyday about 2 or 3 chain snatching incidents in the city. I am sure you can add one or two unreported ones to that everyday.
The chain snatching goes on unabated. There are at least 4 to 5 incidents reported everyday. While marriage season is almost over, please also keep an eye open for such incidents and let us be ready to give chase or at least note down regn numbers and general hooliya of these hooligans.

Last edited by selfdrive : 1st June 2012 at 13:02.
Old 1st June 2012, 18:52   #1255
BHPian

Pune in Pictures

A couple of months ago, I came across this hermit on a bike.
And I thought, man, commuting convenience is for everybody.
Even if one takes a vow to let go of mortal, worldly pleasures..there's always a rush to reach "moksha".
Attached Thumbnails
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-minidsc00713.jpg  

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-minidsc00715.jpg  

Monaro CV8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 23:05   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Pune in Pictures

A couple of months ago, I came across this hermit on a bike.
And I thought, man, commuting convenience is for everybody.
Even if one takes a vow to let go of mortal, worldly pleasures..there's always a rush to reach "moksha".
Your photo reminded me of seeing some hermits driving a Maruti Zen, missed taking a snap
Old 6th June 2012, 12:42   #1257
Senior - BHPian

This morning the weather was perfect for a nice drive or ride into the Western ghats. Well, as a majdoor had no such luxury but to head to work dreaming of such a ride but still enjoyng the breeze interspersed with the odd droplet.

But then we do have morons to wake us up from our dreams and prevent us from enjoying our commute. How dare we? It is a commute so it has to be irritating and dreary. So there was this MH02 Baleno driver who kept trying to weave in and out of traffic on Karve road honking all the time. Once others understood he was honking without any real urgency and just being an idiot, people just refused to let him overtake. And kept getting in his path and blocking him. It was so silly it was funny. Glad that he was put in his place.
Back to hoping that such weather continues over the weekend.

Time for drives is here. Lets get on to the tapri meet thread, shall we?

Edit: ninja where is the chikki?

Last edited by selfdrive : 6th June 2012 at 13:10.
Old 6th June 2012, 13:06   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Just a quick clarification here.
Some people state that the Hadapsar BRT is legally open for cars and two wheelers.
But there is a very clear green board at various points all along the route saying "Only for BRT buses". I have never seen the reported "other" board allowing misc traffic on this route.
Regulars on that route (I am not) may post..
Old 6th June 2012, 13:23   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Bad jam after 7 PM on Nagar road (around the under construction ramp (near Kalyani Nagar- Airport road junction) yesterday and day before.
The authorities have put road dividers (the fiber ones) and created lanes which results in a pile up. I have heard of BRT plans from Yerwada to Kharadi and all of this looks scary.
Finally, I am experiencing bumper to bumper traffic in Pune for daily commuting.
Old 8th June 2012, 08:29   #1260
Team-BHP Support

A very important update:

- The underpass from Shivaji Nagar station to the High Court is set to open today. Lots of political party flags and security around.
- Funny bit: that the underpass has a stage and about 200 chairs for audience. (India special)
- I guess they'll inaugrate it at 10 past 10.
- Will it decongest Sancheti junction? I don't know. Only time will tell. The construction of the underpass has been carried out by a construction firm owned by a powerful political person from that area.
- Expect massive traffic jams today at least.

On similar lines, the road from end of Sangamwadi road to the backroad of Hari Ganga has been built and ready for the last one month. It was thrown open to public for a day before they put big cement pipes back on the road to block it from public access. It is awaiting the gracious presence of a politician to cut the ribbon and declare the road open.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks