Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2012, 14:01   #1516
BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
A program is being planned...
Could it be possible to include/associate TBHP with this programme? Or would TBHP be able to organise an awareness drive on its own? I'm sure people would listen when an automotive forum told them about road sense.

And yes, feels right to educate children more on road sense than just on safety measures. People think that if they're helmeted/strapped in, being on the wrong side somehow isn't wrong. And if they're on high beam, wrong side becomes right side to them!

All the very best to your father and the Rotary Club on this initiative. We hope they meet with great success!

Cheers,
Rahul
voodoochild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 14:31   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Could it be possible to include/associate TBHP with this programme? Or would TBHP be able to organise an awareness drive on its own? I'm sure people would listen when an automotive forum told them about road sense.
I was luckily present, when one of the meetings took place at my home.
I suggested the same, as a BHPian. They need all the help they can get.
The possibilities are being discussed, and as and when I get any information, I shall gladly update.

Not too sure on TBHP being associated officially. That call would need to be taken by the mods, I suppose.
Old 14th December 2012, 14:44   #1518
Distinguished - BHPian

Sounds like a great initiative, Swanand.

Can you please cross-post this on the Suggestions Thread as well? Thanks!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 15:39   #1519
Senior - BHPian

I shall do so, noop. But before I do make that suggestion, let me voice it out with the involved poeple, and make them aware of such an intention. If we (TBHP) do take the decision, they would probably need us to be present at the breifings.
Let me work out the logistics, and get back.
Old 14th December 2012, 15:48   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
A program is being planned, where school kids will be given importance on traffic sense. That does not include wearing a helmet, wearing your seatbelt, and such other "basic" rules. It includes, following lane discipline, observing traffic signals, not driving on the wrong side, giving way where necessary etc etc.

Yesterday, my son carried home a booklet from the school. I just browsed through it today morning. Will be checking it in detail later in the evening.
At first glance the contents of the book were impressive
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 16:55   #1521
BHPian

Guys, any new locations near Pune that you guys have visited is good for car photography?

Anvancy
Old 14th December 2012, 17:01   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvancy View Post
Guys, any new locations near Pune that you guys have visited is good for car photography?

Anvancy
There are many. To list a few:
1. Khadakwasla/ Panshet dam backwaters
2. Lavasa (The winding ghat & countryside roads & the backwaters of Temghar dam, if I am not wrong)
3. Amby valley (again this has winding ghat roads)
4. Lonavala/Khandala
5. Pavana dam backwaters
6. Sinhagad fort
7. Bhor-Bhatghar dam backwaters & Warandha ghat
8. Mushi dam backwaters & Tamhini ghat

Others please add to the above list
Old 14th December 2012, 17:07   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A program is being planned, where school kids will be given importance on traffic sense. That does not include wearing a helmet, wearing your seatbelt, and such other "basic" rules. It includes, following lane discipline, observing traffic signals, not driving on the wrong side, giving way where necessary etc etc.

This is being done by an NGO, in association with a Rotary Club.
Is this same as what has been planned under 'Save 100 lives' by Save Pune Traffic Movement(SPTM)? http://www.savepunetraffic.org/?q=co...save-100-lives
If yes, I am glad. If not, I am still glad. Multiple such initiatives will change traffic scene in pune.

Last edited by sukiwa : 14th December 2012 at 17:16.
Old 14th December 2012, 17:11   #1524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Is this same as what has been planned under 'Save 100 lives' by Save Pune Traffic Movement(SPTM)? http://www.savepunetraffic.org/?q=co...save-100-lives
Yes Sukiwa, it started on the same lines. SPTM is the organization associated in this program.
However, this has gone even further now, and wont be limited to the initiative mentioned in the link.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 16:52   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
One thing hurts me. How can these people use government property such as the Sports Complex for their personal family functions.
Hello,

Anybody can use that property. Pay the necessary rent and you get it. This was not the first marriage that happened there. Others have happened earlier. This one was hyped and therefore got noticed.

I know a couple of companies from Pune have held their annual event celebrations.

The revenue helps the stadium pay the maintenance and other bills.

Thank you
darsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 09:29   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
...perhaps the new ads should focus on addressing more serious dangers to themselves, like cultivating safer driving habits...
This was suggested on another thread ranting about traffic, suggesting radio ads/jingles reminding listeners about road safety. I for one think this is a great idea, considering the number of road users that listen to the radio while driving. Instead of the regular nonsensical UHF chattering, if they included a 10-minute session on road etiquette (not just road safety), I'm sure they could make a difference.

And yes, I know that the RJs usually end their Kareena Kapoor gossip by saying "use seat belt please". That doesn't count.

Is there somebody associated with a radio station here?

Quote:
I suggested the same, as a BHPian. They need all the help they can get...
Sir, maybe this could be incorporated in the NGO/Rotary that you mentioned?

Cheers,
Rahul

Last edited by voodoochild : 18th December 2012 at 09:31. Reason: Added suggestion
voodoochild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 14:18   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
Sir, maybe this could be incorporated in the NGO/Rotary that you mentioned?

Cheers,
Rahul
That is being planned with the parties involved. Hopefully, something should materialise in the next meeting.

Sir??? Please, you make me sound older than I am . Please call me Swanand
Old 18th December 2012, 15:05   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A program is being planned, where school kids will be given importance on traffic sense.
Quote:
I shall do so, noop. But before I do make that suggestion, let me voice it out with the involved poeple, and make them aware of such an intention.
A few months ago, a reputed tyre manufacturer (the same one that you asked the prices for!) worked hard to drill traffic sense into kids at the school where my son studies. They did a very good job of it, I have seen the material and it seems to be done very professionally. There is also a CD of some kind, but havent seen it yet. Of course it is promotional material, but as long as it serves some purpose, its worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
If yes, I am glad. If not, I am still glad. Multiple such initiatives will change traffic scene in pune.
Perhaps it would be useful for such efforts to be coordinated than scattered.

Quote:
Sir??? Please, you make me sound older than I am. Please call me Swanand
Ok, noted Swanand Sir I cant become younger, so lets get some older people here, should we?!
Old 19th December 2012, 07:57   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Hallo Leute,

I am posting this query here since the thread title says route queries too!

1. I will be in Pune for a friend's marriage and I am arriving by flight. Can someone guide me with the best route (shortest possible changeovers) from Pune (Lohegaon airport) to Nigdi Srikrishna temple ? (preferably Public transport).

2. The best place to catch a bus to Mumbai from Nigdi? What buses pass through this place? I heard from my friend that this is on the way to Mumbai.

I have done my google search and have a printout of the maps, but my friend suggested some different route, hence requesting you guys for more suggestions.

The route google gave me:

Bus no: 158 from Officers Mess till Kalyani Nagar and take Bus no.: 312B untill Pimpri Transport nagar(nigdi)

Route my friend suggested:

Take an auto from Airport till Railway station and catch a bus from there to Nigdi.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 19th December 2012, 08:40   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Hallo Leute,

I am posting this query here since the thread title says route queries too!

1. I will be in Pune for a friend's marriage and I am arriving by flight. Can someone guide me with the best route (shortest possible changeovers) from Pune (Lohegaon airport) to Nigdi Srikrishna temple ? (preferably Public transport).
Welcome to Pune AlphaKilo, you have bumped up the right thread.

Quote:
I have done my google search and have a printout of the maps, but my friend suggested some different route, hence requesting you guys for more suggestions.

The route google gave me:

Bus no: 158 from Officers Mess till Kalyani Nagar and take Bus no.: 312B untill Pimpri Transport nagar(nigdi)
Google is good for academic purposes. It gives you near to perfect options, but not the perfect option.

Quote:
Route my friend suggested:

Take an auto from Airport till Railway station and catch a bus from there to Nigdi.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Seems to be quite a trustworthy friend. He has given you the right suggestion. Take an auto from Airport till Railway station, but tell him to drop you at Sadhu Vaswani Chowk (approx 6-7 kms), because this is from where the buses going to Nigdi & further leave. You can catch a bus either for Nigdi, Talegaon, Vadgaon, Dehugaon etc. All of these pass through Nidgi (approx 20 kms) & have a stop at Sri Krishna temple (it is bang on the highway), on the side opposite to where you would alight from the bus.

Quote:
2. The best place to catch a bus to Mumbai from Nigdi? What buses pass through this place? I heard from my friend that this is on the way to Mumbai.
Your friend is right here again. The place where you would alight is also the bus stop for inter city, Pune-Mumbai ST buses. You can get buses for Mumbai (Parel), Dadar, Borivli etc from the very same place.

If you need on the spot assistance, please feel free to call me on my cell. Have sent you my number in a PM.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks