Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2013, 18:05   #1576
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Seems a major accident happened at Hotel Rajwada chowk. I saw people putting a body (Dont know if the poor soul is alive/dead) into the ambulance. That place is becoming a death trap day by day.
Can you please mark the location on Google maps?

I think we can edit Google maps and put some note there.
Old 24th January 2013, 18:18   #1577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Can you please mark the location on Google maps?

I think we can edit Google maps and put some note there.
Put parameter: 18.550946,73.804908 into your google maps and that is the spot !
Old 28th January 2013, 09:23   #1578
BHPian

I was caught in a mother of a traffic jam yesterday. Was travelling towards Pune.

Here is how the situation was :

Location from Shirwal to Katraj. Distance approximately 40kms.

After to 3 days holidays the people were returning back to Pune or Mumbai or going out of Pune towards Bangalore, Satara , Kolhapur etc. To add to it there was more than normal rush at Ketkavale Balaji mandir and plus Madharadevi yatra. And not to mention the slowest toll-booth on the earth. Pune-Bangalore road is under widening as of now. So in some places there are diversions and in some places one lane is inoperational.

Net result : Peoples patience ran out. They occupied ALL the lanes (towards and away from Pune i.e across the medians) from both the ends . So net-net zero movement for about 4-5 hours. I found a opening in median and took a U-turn towards Shirwal and then via internal village road to Saswad -Hapdpsar and Pune. I reached home at 12midnight and I was expecting to reach home at max 7.30pm.

Worst part was villagers were more than happy adding to mess and were encouraging cars to jump the medians onto the wrong side.
Old 28th January 2013, 11:41   #1579
Senior - BHPian

At the roundabout just before Eon Kharadi

A tractor trailer has fallen to its side while taking the roundabout. It is on the exit side so no issues for now. But if not cleared by afternoon, evening exit will be fun!
I could not help but chuckle at the way the trailer has turned to its left. Especially as we see such overspeeding morons every day. I hope someone learnt a lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
After to 3 days holidays the people were returning back to Pune or Mumbai or going out of Pune towards Bangalore, Satara , Kolhapur etc.
yes, that section is a mess during Saturday mornings and Sunday evenings. It is better to take the Monday off and return with less anxiety.
Old 28th January 2013, 14:41   #1580
Senior - BHPian

^^Vikrant: That jam has been spoken about, in todays daily's too.
The jam was caused by two major things:
1. Mandhardevi Jatra (Near Bhor)
2. People returning from the long weekend holiday.

Though, the major cause was the Mandhardevi jatra that takes place every year, somewhere near Bhor. A friend, who got stuck in the same jam last evening got this information from the villagers and people at the Khed-Shivapur toll naka.
Old 28th January 2013, 15:38   #1581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
A tractor trailer has fallen to its side while taking the roundabout. It is on the exit side so no issues for now. But if not cleared by afternoon, evening exit will be fun!
Said tractor trailer has been removed, but there is some construction rubble strewn across the roundabout. Bikers beware!
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 11:06   #1582
Senior - BHPian

A guy in my team just told me that his cab was stopped at Bombay Sappers signal and fined 100 rupees (with receipt) for having dark sunfilm. The film was not removed.

Not sure if this is a specific drive or the fine was issued as part of general fines. Being early in the month & year it seems an odd time to meet targets.

Just a shout to all those who still have not removed sunfilm according to the SC ruling last year. If this indeed is a specific drive, I wonder why they wake up just before summer kicks in.
Old 7th February 2013, 13:30   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
A guy in my team just told me that his cab was stopped at Bombay Sappers signal and fined 100 rupees (with receipt) for having dark sunfilm. The film was not removed.

Not sure if this is a specific drive or the fine was issued as part of general fines. Being early in the month & year it seems an odd time to meet targets.

Just a shout to all those who still have not removed sunfilm according to the SC ruling last year. If this indeed is a specific drive, I wonder why they wake up just before summer kicks in.
witnessed removal of sunfilm on many cars near Caunaght Palace Building. Here they were specifically asking for removal rather than fine amount. Not sure whats going on?
Old 7th February 2013, 13:52   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
witnessed removal of sunfilm on many cars near Caunaght Palace Building. Here they were specifically asking for removal rather than fine amount. Not sure whats going on?
I too witnessed a Santro being stopped and stripped of its sunfilm on the road parallel to East street. Looks like a special drive has begun in those areas.
Old 7th February 2013, 14:08   #1585
Senior - BHPian

Ah.. so we are back to those days of sun film removal. :(
Old 21st February 2013, 09:27   #1586
Senior - BHPian

While travelling from Yerawada to Kharadi, there's a big water + oil mix spill bang near the entrance to Phoenix Mall on Nagar road. I almost took a nasty spill. Two Wheeler riders, be careful!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 21st February 2013, 14:07   #1587
Senior - BHPian

I was caught in the grandmother of traffic jams today morning between the Wonder Funkey and Chandani Chowk. Usually this distance can be covered in 5-7 mins at max. Today, I took exactly 1 hour and 12 minutes to reach Chandani Chowk.

I dont know what the hell was wrong on the bypass, but all hell had broken lose. All roads leading to Chandani Chowk were jammed as if all vehicles in Pune were travelling towards this place. From Chandani Chowk to Baner, it was again a 10 mins journey. Anybody has an idea what was cooking at Chandani Chowk today morning?
Old 21st February 2013, 15:22   #1588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I was caught in the grandmother of traffic jams today morning between the Wonder Funkey and Chandani Chowk. Usually this distance can be covered in 5-7 mins at max. Today, I took exactly 1 hour and 12 minutes to reach Chandani Chowk.

I dont know what the hell was wrong on the bypass, but all hell had broken lose. All roads leading to Chandani Chowk were jammed as if all vehicles in Pune were travelling towards this place. From Chandani Chowk to Baner, it was again a 10 mins journey. Anybody has an idea what was cooking at Chandani Chowk today morning?
I would like to know what the issue was too. My company bus was waiting to join the highway and the queue had reached right upto the Kothrud Depot signal at ~8.40 AM. Took us about 30 mins to get to the highway from there.

One thing though, I could see a yellow Minibus on the big slow going down from Bavdhan to Paud Road, and several regular and traffic cops as well as bystanders around it. I saw it from the Ved Vihar side, so the view wasnt too clear. So I assumed the jam was because that particular road was closed... but it seemed fine with traffic moving around the bus.
Old 21st February 2013, 23:18   #1589
BHPian

Quote:

I could not help but chuckle at the way the trailer has turned to its left. Especially as we see such overspeeding morons every day. I hope someone learnt a lesson.

yes, that section is a mess during Saturday mornings and Sunday evenings. It is better to take the Monday off and return with less anxiety.
Do you work at EON? Which cluster? I have seen a couple of TBHP stickered cars around. Dont mind a kind of mini meet in the cluster C/B parking!
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:24   #1590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Anybody has an idea what was cooking at Chandani Chowk today morning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I would like to know what the issue was too.. .....

One thing though, I could see a yellow Minibus on the big slow going down from Bavdhan to Paud Road...
The explanation, and an unfortunate one at that :
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/18622695.cms
I am not for 1 second buying the "Brakes failed" argument. More likely, the driver "Failed to brake". Its high time that road got atleast 3 speed humps are regular intervals.

Last edited by sajo : 22nd February 2013 at 09:26. Reason: Tried to fix link. Didnt work.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks