Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2014, 12:01   #1711
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Has anyone visited Sinhagad Fort recently? We are planning to visit on Sunday morning, but I am a bit hesitant considering the huge crowd expected on a holiday.

How much is the climbing on foot?
Old 7th February 2014, 12:01   #1712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
makes me think there is some renewed focus to get these pending work done soon.
Or probably the fact that Lok Sabha elections are near!
History has been proof that every infrastructure work picks up speed when Lok Sabha or Vidhan Sabha elections are near.
Old 10th February 2014, 08:24   #1713
BHPian

Folks joining Pune Mumbai bypass going towards Hinjewadi from Bavdhan, please beware the entry has been closed (the one close to Praj industries). This has been done only for four wheelers. As usual they have left a small gap for two wheelers to pass through. So if this has been done to avoid accidents, I dont think it serves the purpose.
Old 10th February 2014, 08:38   #1714
Team-BHP Support

If you find some time, do take up this survey:

Urban street design survey by PMC. .

Don't think anything will come out of it but it doesn't hurt to spend a few minutes and let them know that they suck at doing their job right.
Old 10th February 2014, 10:04   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Folks joining Pune Mumbai bypass going towards Hinjewadi from Bavdhan, please beware the entry has been closed (the one close to Praj industries). This has been done only for four wheelers. As usual they have left a small gap for two wheelers to pass through. So if this has been done to avoid accidents, I dont think it serves the purpose.
And I learnt this the hard way this morning as I reached the place itself. No choice but to go towards Blore side and take a U turn at earliest opportunity. Good thing is that saw some road surfacing carried out between the U turn point and HEMRL exit.
Old 10th February 2014, 10:15   #1716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
And I learnt this the hard way this morning as I reached the place itself. No choice but to go towards Blore side and take a U turn at earliest opportunity. Good thing is that saw some road surfacing carried out between the U turn point and HEMRL exit.
Same here I also learnt the hard way. I was hoping someone might read the post and avoid that road

Now the choice is to take left near icici bank and pass dsk ranwara and join the highway near kundan hyundai.
Old 11th February 2014, 08:39   #1717
Senior - BHPian

Accident at Nagar road, opposite Pulse mall (Aga Khan palace). Traffic heading towards Kharadi/ Nagar is affected.

A head on collision between an Accent and a truck. Both are in the fast lane. The Accent is a MH16 registered one.
A possibility could be that the Accent driver was unaware of the BRTS engineering marvel and came up the wrong side where the truck was speeding up the fast lane.
The Accent front bumper is gone and the truck has dragged the Accent for some distance.

If heading toward Kharadi, avoid the right lane closest to the BRTS wall. Both vehicles are still there, no cops around. with peak hour traffic it is going to be a daytime nightmare pretty soon.
Old 11th February 2014, 11:38   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Accident at Nagar road, opposite Pulse mall (Aga Khan palace). Traffic heading towards Kharadi/ Nagar is affected.

A head on collision between an Accent and a truck. Both are in the fast lane. The Accent is a MH16 registered one.
A possibility could be that the Accent driver was unaware of the BRTS engineering marvel and came up the wrong side where the truck was speeding up the fast lane.
Saw it in the morning, on the way to work. Probably the Accent was driving wrong side. With the recent changes due to BRTS, there is no opening all the way from Kalyani Nagar Sq, till Hyatt. So the guy might have come wrong side either from Dunkrik lane or further down.
Old 20th February 2014, 10:44   #1719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Any idea whether it was opened officially or unofficially after just 2 days ? This is a dangerous curve, with people not familiar with the area (and there will be many, considering its a national highway) , will be travelling at good clip in the fast lane on an almost blind curve, only to be confronted by a slow moving scooty which has just haphazardly merged the highway at 20 kph.

In other news :

Quote:
PUNE: Chief minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday said the state government was contemplating Light Rail Transit (LRT) system connecting Hinjewadi IT Park and Talawade MIDC Technology Park to resolve traffic problems faced by professionals.

Talking to reporters at Talawade MIDC later, Chavan said, "The proposal for light rail system is in its initial stage and the state government is checking the feasibility of the project. We are willing to take forward this project. The government is not considering metro rail on this line because of technical problems."

He stressed on the Pune metro plan, which has so far failed to take off. "Considering the traffic problems in Pune city, the state and the Centre has approved metro project and the work on actual implementation will start," he said, adding that the state government will make all efforts to facilitate work on ring road.
Source and complete article.

:sigh:
wake me up when we get there.
I wonder if they mean connecting Hinjewadi and Talawade to each other or to other parts of Pune by a LRT ? Will be quite stupid if its the former.

Also , which ringroad is being worked upon ?
Old 21st February 2014, 14:43   #1720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Ojas, the key emphasis in that "bhashan" is highlighted below:

Quote:
Chief minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday said the state government was contemplating Light Rail Transit (LRT) system connecting Hinjewadi IT Park and Talawade MIDC Technology Park to resolve traffic problems faced by professionals.

We've had Ms Sule promise us; IIRC, the guardian minister of Pune made such promises too. Why should the CM of the state be left behind on making such promises?

And i believe the LRT would connect the two mentioned areas, with the city. No point in having these two areas connected to one another. That would be pure dumb!

Even Im confused on what Ring Road was he referring to? The one that was supposed to go around the city like a, umm.. ring?
Old 22nd February 2014, 18:13   #1721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Has anyone visited Sinhagad Fort recently? We are planning to visit on Sunday morning, but I am a bit hesitant considering the huge crowd expected on a holiday.
How much is the climbing on foot?
I know I am replying late but well, I went today
We drove up to the top parking lot. There is a charge to drive up all the way, 50 rupees per car. The guy was well spoken, informed us not to litter the area and use dustbins and asked if we were carrying any non veggie food. He also issue a printed receipt.
Roadwork is still ongoing, but not much work being done on weekends. There is a T junction about halfway up, where the left turn goes to Khed Shivapur. till this point there is no road really, just a kachcha road. After that it is ok, but narrow enough that one has to stop for oncoming vehicles.
Crowd was ok, but then we went only around 11am. Evenings are more crowded.
if you climb by foot, you park near/ before the 'toll/ charge' collection booth and then walk up. It should take about an hour for averagely fit people. Take it as a marker, if you are more or less you can say you are more or less fit than average

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I wonder if they mean connecting Hinjewadi and Talawade to each other or to other parts of Pune by a LRT ? Will be quite stupid if its the former.

Also , which ringroad is being worked upon ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Even Im confused on what Ring Road was he referring to? The one that was supposed to go around the city like a, umm.. ring?
Dada lok (big brother peoples?) the way promises are being made, I hope they are not talking about a ring road around Hinjewadi and Talawade!

Edit: the flyover at Dhayari has been thrown open in the Pune direction. Now we can reach the piled up traffic at the next signal faster. Also, keep both eyes open for wrong siders on the flyover. I counted three today while using that flyover.

Last edited by selfdrive : 22nd February 2014 at 18:16.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 18:13   #1722
BHPian

Finally the double decker flyover at Nashik Phata has been opened. I think still some works are going on. The flyover looks great in night with illumination.
Old 22nd February 2014, 18:22   #1723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Finally the double decker flyover at Nashik Phata has been opened. I think still some works are going on. The flyover looks great in night with illumination.
I came to this thread to comment on the exact same flyover.

Looks fantastic, and is a blessing for someone who wants to travel from the Hinjewadi - Wakad - Expressway side to the old highway. The connection from Pimple Saudagar to Nashik Phata is functional too; it takes about 10-12 mins from PS - Jagtap dairy junction to reach Nashik Phata. I only hope they complete the Jagtap dairy - Wakad road section at the earliest.
Old 22nd February 2014, 19:08   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I came to this thread to comment on the exact same flyover.

Looks fantastic, and is a blessing for someone who wants to travel from the Hinjewadi - Wakad - Expressway side to the old
They would have done it slightly better. Right now persons coming from Pimple Saudagar can not merge with Old Mumbai-Pune highway directly. Similarly persons coming from Pune can not go to Pimple Saudagar directly. They have to follow the old route. These connections were in the original proposal but somehow they have omitted from the final one.

The best thing is the flyover is named after JRD Tata, which is well deserved.
Old 22nd February 2014, 19:12   #1725
BHPian

My 2 paisa based on my understanding

1) LRT was proposed to PMC by an international funding agency two years back. PMC wanted it between Deccan to Hinjewadi. So far no survey or feasibility study has been done. So probably it will remain on paper

2) Ring Road. This has been in discussion since last couple of years. Starting somewhere from expressway, going past hinjewadi, pirangut, sinhgardh, shirwal, solapur rd, cutting across ahead of wagholi, then moving towards chakan and connecting back to start point. Ambitious project but as usual stuck in red tape, land acquisition and all such issues. So best is to see when it comes up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_Road_%28Pune%29

Last edited by mm403 : 22nd February 2014 at 19:15. Reason: Found wiki link later

Most Viewed