Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2014, 17:10   #1786
BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
There is a flyover being constructed between Hotel Sayaji and Hinjewadi bridge on the Pune Bypass. Any idea why it is being constructed? I dont see any intersection it goes over. Nor does it look like going over the Hinjewadi bridge itself.
Hello Vibbs,

It is an underpass, that will be leading to Dutt Mandir Road on Wakad side. The road's construction is in full swing on Wakad side & completed (well almost.. dead line is 28th AUG) till Shonest towers at Wakad. A court case is in progress between PCMC & land owner to acquire 150M strch of land to complete the road from DUtt Mandir to new underpass. Else all is surveyed & ready to construct.

On Hinjewadi side it is proposed to open to a new road that will be from side of that big building that is parrallel to highway. This new road will be connected perpendicularly to the new road that Connects the Octroi Post of Wakad-HInjewadi Shivaji Chowk to the Road reaching to Bhumkar Chowk from SHivaji Chowk (Hinjewadi). If ever travelled by this road (Bhumkar Chowk from SHivaji Chowk). You can see a new road under construction, next to the very famous Marriage garden, which is the main cause of the traffic Jams at times of many functions. There was a very famous Marriage reception of a Minister's family last year. I don't remember any names right from marriage garden to the family whose marriage I am mentioning above..

I hope you got the entire architecture that is planned to cut the traffic (Read : increase/add new intersection, to make a bigger mess) on already pathetic roads of this area. If you don't get the geography of these plans. PLease ignore & wait till whenever the come into existance. The snail paced trafiic will be self explainatory.

Now come-on PCMC, how can you plan for an underpass, that will be used by buses for switching service road from one side to another. WHere a Nano will take eterninty. God bless us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
There is this black Polo GT TSI (MH-12 JZ xxxx) which is driven absolutely maniacally everyday by this guy who probably also works in
Total unnecessary show-off !

I guess I found his lost twin brother from Some Kumbh Mela this morning in Hinjewadi. Again, Driving a Black Ford Figo I guess with ((MH-14 DN 3xx1)). Shivaji chowk to Cognizant phase one.
I assume if indicators were optional on cars, he wouldn't have opted for them to save money.

--NOM--

Regards,
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 11th August 2014 at 17:26.
Old 19th August 2014, 14:31   #1787
Senior - BHPian

Need quick input. Where is the automobile scrap market in Pune? Can someone quickly point it out on map?
Old 20th August 2014, 11:57   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Need quick input. Where is the automobile scrap market in Pune? Can someone quickly point it out on map?
PLace is called Nana Peth, Somewhere close to Dagdoo Sheth, as far as i know.

Another option is a weekly bazaar which takes place at the road when you take a right from the signal which is at the end of the bridge while coming from SAncheti bridge crossing High court heading to railway station. RTO Chowraha I guess.
Old 20th August 2014, 14:35   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post

Another option is a weekly bazaar which takes place at the road when you take a right from the signal which is at the end of the bridge while coming from SAncheti bridge crossing High court heading to railway station. RTO Chowraha I guess.
Yes, Nana Peth has shops dealing in automobile spare parts/accessories , but its not very close to Dagdu Sheth

Also the weekly bazaar is actally Juna Bazar and there is no High Court in Pune. Juna Bazar is actually on road leading from Mal Dhakka to PMC and though its near RTO office, but not exactly at that square
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 18:36   #1790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Yes, Nana Peth has shops dealing in automobile spare parts/accessories , but its not very close to Dagdu Sheth

Also the weekly bazaar is actally Juna Bazar and there is no High Court in Pune. Juna Bazar is actually on road leading from Mal Dhakka to PMC and though its near RTO office, but not exactly at that square
While it is true that Nana peth is the default automobile market, the place I was told a few years ago was Chikhali near Bhosari (confirmed last night from another source)

Now, I am informed that they have only body parts there, the rest is still at Nana peth. So now I am looking for specific pointers in Nana peth who deal with salvaged parts/ scrap such as seats/ compressors/ engines etc.

I have been to Nana peth several times in the last few years, but never looked for used parts.

Any pointers will be welcome.
Old 25th August 2014, 11:39   #1791
BHPian

Call it Monday Blues !!

It began as one of those rare Monday's where i could wrangle a day off. The joy of not having to navigate Monday morning traffic was shortlived, my wife said and i quote " You are free today, why dont to fill up the gas in my car, never know with the impending fuel retailers strike". So having my day killed, i grudgingly accompanied her and dropped her at work.

Now i had two choices, go back to Autolines (near Mashoba Gate) or drive further to Shell Wakad. The time when i was deciding was 8.45 AM. I opted for the Highway (wakad pump),, a BIG Mistake !!

The highway was packed, it as crawling right from the sports stadium. Add to it the misery of the perpetual underpass construction with a dash of lunar surface on the diverted road, meant that traversing a distance of 2 kilometers stretched out to 30 minutes.

Finally managed to fill up gas and was on my way back and I saw a red getz car crashed into the railing near the Octrol post. The passenger side was on the railing and the bonnet smashed in. Hope the driver & occupants are safe.

When i near Food Bazaar on Baner Road, there again traffic is standstill. So another 45 minutes later, i finally manage to pull into my apartment when my wife rigns to ask if i could go and pick he up as she has a training to attend in the city!!!

Cest-la-vie, so much for a much sought after day off.

Last edited by kutoos : 25th August 2014 at 11:42.
Old 25th August 2014, 12:27   #1792
Senior - BHPian

On Saturday, I took time to visit Nana peth and Quarter gate areas.

There is one lane right besides Chacha Halwai. That is the only lane which has got around 10 shops with second hand parts.
However, they do not keep alloy wheels nor keep spoilers.
Elsewhere, I was getting a new Zen spoiler for Rs. 1350, but I did not get to see the product quality.

For alloy wheels, Kurla CST road is the best option in this part of the country it seems.

Now, I am looking for a competent AC mechanic to get the AC work done.

In other notes, I went to Sinhagad on Sunday morning. The route from Khed Shivapur (right turn before the toll) is OK in the beginning, but as we approach Sinhagad, it becomes horrible. As a result, there is hardly anyone going on that route.

In return we came via Khadakwasla, which seems to be everyone's favorite.
Yes. The route is better, but far from perfect. There are stones on the road and landslides do seem a common scenario (on both roads). Rains have eroded quite a bit of the road.

There was no rain during entire journey, but the sun played hide-and-seek all along.

The food is reasonably priced and of good quality and taste at the fort.

Overall, it was a long pending trip and turned out to be much better than expected.

Last edited by S_U_N : 25th August 2014 at 12:29.
Old 25th August 2014, 18:33   #1793
Senior - BHPian

Extreme jam on Bavdhan road leading to Chandani chowk. Please avoid if you can.
Basically avoid any road which has a petrol pump on it.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 25th August 2014 at 18:59.
Old 26th August 2014, 11:43   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Extreme jam on Bavdhan road leading to Chandani chowk. Please avoid if you can.
Basically avoid any road which has a petrol pump on it.
It was the same story on Nagar road. My commute time doubled up (thankfully I was on my scooter).

All three pumps had queues taking up one of the lanes of the highway.

It was then that I realized that bunks are going to be on strike from the next day.
Old 26th August 2014, 12:50   #1795
Distinguished - BHPian

The simple lesson in this is: People are idiots.

Pune petrol stations didn't even join in the strike, which they announced on Monday morning. Still people go crazy and line up in hordes outside every petrol pump in sight. Sigh!
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 13:09   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Pune petrol stations didn't even join in the strike, which they announced on Monday morning. Still people go crazy and line up in hordes outside every petrol pump in sight. Sigh!
Completely agree. The basic reason for the panic is people don't trust government at all. for resolving this kind of situations.

Also I have grudge again petrol station owners. If they knew they are not going to be on strike why they didn't announce it outside to people standing in queues. Alas only if the world was perfect !!!

It was already out on facebook, twitter and whatsapp that strike is called off then why people why ???
Old 26th August 2014, 13:44   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Yes they are !

I witnessed this at HP Fuel Outlet near City Pride, Satara Road.

As few of the passers-by used to stop and ask about the reason behind the rush at the fuel station, people in queue were informing them about the so called 'indefinite strike'.

Now those fellows would think it as his/her's social responsibility to inform all his friends/relative about this and they do so.

Neither the petrol pump attendants nor police (who were controlling traffic) made an attempt to educate people about the fact.

I was waiting in queue for regular fill up and tried to inform some of them about the strike being called off, and received responses from them like "why don't you go home then? don't make us fool"

The rumor's spread using social media and WhatsApp just made the situation worse.
Old 26th August 2014, 13:58   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
If they knew they are not going to be on strike why they didn't announce it outside to people standing in queues.

why people why ???
At least at one petrol pump besides which I was stuck yesterday due to the looong queues the attendants were making announcement at regular intervals stating that petrol pumps will remain open because pune dealers are excluded from the strike.

This did not have any effect on the crowd because I saw no one leave the queue even after this announcement !!

Have to agree with Noopster: People are stupid !!

Last edited by luvDriving : 26th August 2014 at 13:59. Reason: Grammer correction
Old 5th September 2014, 15:11   #1799
Senior - BHPian

Earlier we had the Pune car accessories thread which had good references to AC and other experts within the city. Now that thread is closed and the directory does not have any *recent* entries for an honest AC expert and a good electrician. Looking for reasonable pricing and good workmanship.

I need both for my old Zen.

Please suggest some options based on first hand experience. I live in Yerwada.
Old 8th September 2014, 11:36   #1800
BHPian

Has anyone visited Sinhagad recently? How is the road condition? I think it was being closed during certain days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks