Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 11:21   #1966
BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

The only problem I see in Pune is that the law enforcement is very very lax. There are 12-13 year olds driving triple seats on bikes which are heavily modified, to an extent that there are no head/tail lights or number plates in place, right in front of police stations and the cops do nothing about it. There are instances where teenage riders have caused deaths but they are left because there is some biggie who knows the kid. These kids grow up to think they own the law and end up becoming like this.

This wont change till cops get very serious and harshly deal with such offenders day in and day out. The fear of the law needs to be created
centaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 10:55   #1967
Senior - BHPian

I had a major surprise today morning as SB Road is closed from Marriot junction till University junction. Thankfully, police allowed me to go left at Marriot and join SB Road back at ICC tower.

I was under the impression that the work was going to start only on the University-Pashan Road patch. I was not aware of this work.
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:02   #1968
BHPian

I too saw it last night while coming over from the city towards Baner. The flyover exit for Pashan also has been blocked. Hope fully it gets worked on soon

Another important update. If you are driving from University towards Shivaji Nagar, be extremely cautious while on the flyover at E Square. There is a plate missing at one of the joins (same joint where there was a huge pothole earlier but this is towards the center of the bridge now) and there is a huge hole there. Had a very bad experience yesterday when I saw it at the last minute and could not avert it because of vehicles on all three sides and the impact was very very bad. I thought I would see a broken suspension or at least a torn tire and bent rims but fortunately none of those happened. Please be extremely cautious
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:34   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I had a major surprise today morning as SB Road is closed from Marriot junction till University junction.
I was under the impression that the work was going to start only on the University-Pashan Road patch. I was not aware of this work.
Here is the news about this (ToI, Pune, 2nd April 2017)

Traffic Block.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
If you are driving from University towards Shivajinagar, be extremely cautious while on the flyover at E Square. There is a plate missing at one of the joints (same joint where there was a huge pothole earlier but this is towards the center of the bridge now) and there is a huge hole there.
As this is on the downward slope of the flyover, people tend to be driving faster and will be taken by surprise. All the more dangerous for two wheeler drivers, who may be caught unaware...
vrprabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 13:14   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Here is the news about this (ToI, Pune, 2nd April 2017)
I guess many did not read this article. There was huge traffic jam yesterday night, started from the mid of mhashoba flyover and extended al the way till the blocked Pashan arm of the university flyover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
As this is on the downward slope of the flyover, people tend to be driving faster and will be taken by surprise. All the more dangerous for two wheeler drivers, who may be caught unaware...
This has now been fixed as of today morning.
Old 11th April 2017, 10:39   #1971
Team-BHP Support

Taking a cue from colleagues at Mumbai police for issuing echallans by leveraging the wide CCTV network, the traffic branch of Pune police launched https://punetrafficop.net/. Relevant press note is here: press release.
moralfibre is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 08:50   #1972
Senior - BHPian

Oil spill on North Main road opposite the CNG pump (in the left lane if you're travelling towards Ghorpadi - Mundhwa road).

Bikers go slow please, already a couple of spills had taken place when I passed this place around 8:30 AM.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 27th April 2017 at 08:52.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 12:02   #1973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Oil spill on North Main road opposite the CNG pump (in the left lane if you're travelling towards Ghorpadi - Mundhwa road).

Bikers go slow please, already a couple of spills had taken place when I passed this place around 8:30 AM.

Cheers,
Vikram
Not just oil spills. Even the leaking water tankers are a hazard, spilling water on each turn. Always avoid the water patches while taking a turn. I saw two bikes slip on water in front of my car this morning.
Old 16th May 2017, 08:32   #1974
BHPian

I am driving from Nashik to Bangalore, after Nashik phata if i take wakad bhosari BRTS road how is the traffic around 10 am on weekdays till i reach wakad police chowky to join highway to bangalore.
Till now i have been going via chakan then Talegaon -Chakan road
Old 16th May 2017, 10:02   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
I am driving from Nashik to Bangalore, after Nashik phata if i take wakad bhosari BRTS road how is the traffic around 10 am on weekdays till i reach wakad police chowky to join highway to bangalore.
Till now i have been going via chakan then Talegaon -Chakan road
Nashik Phata at 10:00 am on weekdays should be mostly clear - most MIDC companies start work by 8:30 am or 9. Do ensure that you take the right lane on the Nasik Phata flyover though.
Old 31st May 2017, 12:39   #1976
BHPian

Just a small mid night shower and there was huge traffic snarl in the evening. Took me almost 1.25 hours to get home of which around 1 hour was just at wipro circle. Dread it as to what will happen when the rains start
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 14:03   #1977
Senior - BHPian

As most of you may be aware already, Senapati Bapat road is a complete and royal mess. Please avoid it any time of the day and night. Last week, some of our colleagues waited till 10 pm to let the traffic reduce. But they reached home at 11:15 pm, because the entire University junction area on this side, is a mess.

Vehicles existing the flyover for Pashan are landing in pool of muck, metal scrap, trucks, craines and what not.

With the impending monsoon, this whole area is going to become even worse. More than 50% of our employees are opting for Uber/Ola transport due to the mess.
Old 6th June 2017, 15:48   #1978
Senior - BHPian

Happy to know that the work of the flyover on NH4 Bypass near Sus has been completed and the bridge has been thrown open to the public. Smooth sailing yesterday and today. We could have avoided this long heartburn had the corporator who had blocked the work not done so.

Which, by the way, they are doing again. Several of my colleagues are affected by this.

http://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pun...w/58934955.cms

The "work stoppers" have apparently demanded a hefty sum from all the builders in the area to let citizens build the road they are building from their own funds.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 09:59   #1979
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant timing too! Just as the rains arrive that nasty bottleneck between Baner and Pashaṇ is history.for once I appreciate the authorities for doing it right!
Old 14th June 2017, 19:20   #1980
Senior - BHPian

So whenever it rains, our beloved city immediately transforms into a spiderweb of red.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-pune_rains.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks