Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2017, 22:20   #2011
BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Traffic cops pulled me over twice in a span of 15 minutes. First time, turning right from under the flyover towards hinjewadi and second time a little ahead after taking a left towards hyatt from the chowk.
Both times I showed them all documents colour photocopies and the original licence. Both times, they even asked for the NOC but when I reasoned with them that I'm not here for a long duration and here for a short while they let me go after checking the toll receipts. The second cop even went as far as to check if my windows were tinted, which weren't. Both times the cops were fair enough for me to reason with them, I suppose that's too much to ask all the time.

I really want to pay the local tax (3 years) but I'm really uncomfortable dealing with the RTO myself. I don't understand the phobia but I can't seem to get over it.

Need some help who can get this done for me. I can provide all documents.

Last edited by no_boundaries : 5th October 2017 at 22:25.
Old 6th October 2017, 16:44   #2012
BHPian

Seems they haven't yet figured out how to route the metro at Paud Phata. They also haven't finished the land acquisition for part of the depot and some places along the route. Diversions have already started.

http://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pun...w/60929956.cms
Old 6th October 2017, 17:50   #2013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
I really want to pay the local tax (3 years) but I'm really uncomfortable dealing with the RTO myself. I don't understand the phobia but I can't seem to get over it.

Need some help who can get this done for me. I can provide all documents.
What is three years local tax? Request you to shed some light. There is another user who mentioned about yearly tax at Mumbai RTO. I have no such phobia and can visit the RTO.
Old 6th October 2017, 19:59   #2014
BHPian

I too would like to have more information on the option of paying Annual or a 3 year tax. So far, everything online points to paying a tax for 15 years only.
Old 7th October 2017, 16:37   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
I too would like to have more information on the option of paying Annual or a 3 year tax. So far, everything online points to paying a tax for 15 years only.
Yes please let me know if anything exists like this - even though I am here for a short duration, I'm totally okay with paying a 1 year/3 year tax if required.
Old 9th October 2017, 01:08   #2016
VKS
BHPian

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants.

There is nothing like 1/3 years road tax. It has to be Life time tax. I checked last year and paid life time Tax, not sure if this is a new rule but doesnot look likely.
Old 9th October 2017, 10:57   #2017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
There is nothing like 1/3 years road tax. It has to be Life time tax. I checked last year and paid life time Tax, not sure if this is a new rule but doesnot look likely.
Perhaps he intended to state that he has been here for 3 years and needs to get the tax paid.
Or maybe I understood it differently
Old 15th October 2017, 00:58   #2018
BHPian

Guess, which village of India this is? These are the roads from one of the "Smart cities" of India. The poor loading auto guy got stuck in the gravel of the road, some of the cars chose to change their route, some of them chose to sit it out till the auto comes out. I thought it would be a better idea to get down, get dirty and help the auto guy out. I am the one in the black T-shirt. It worked, and we all lived happily ever after. The roads, well, that is a part of life.

Engine_Roars is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:43   #2019
BHPian

Would like to post a dash cam footage of mine starring some classic lawless morons and their actions at a traffic crossing in this city.

haldar_siliguri is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:05   #2020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Would like to post a dash cam footage of mine starring some classic lawless morons and their actions at a traffic crossing in this city.
This is very common on Pune.Wrong side driving is the order of day especially in Outskirts, like Hinjewadi / wakad.
There is no point boiling your blood over these morons since they are not going to learn, also not point arguing. I have decided to accept this and keep driving.

People don't realize they are breaking a law, they feel is normal to drive like this. Its sad to say things are getting worse.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd November 2017 at 13:46. Reason: Quote trimmed
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:33   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
There is no point boiling your blood over these morons since they are not going to learn, also not point arguing. I have decided to accept this and keep driving.
Neither was I boiling my blood, nor arguing over this. Was simply sharing a funny experience I had showing how idiotic things get on the roads of Pune in a forum that seems to be about the roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants in Pune.

Most of us have learnt to accept these morons on the road. Sometimes they provide us with humor, sometimes (mostly) grave danger.

Last edited by haldar_siliguri : 23rd November 2017 at 13:36.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 11:01   #2022
BHPian

Some folks have been sending jokes that in Pune, a Yellow light means drive fast and a Red means drive faster. I once was on a receiving end of a Road Rage when I stopped at the Red Signal in Wakad and the White Fortuner behind me with all black windshields(even the front one blacked out) wanted to move ahead even when the signal was red.
The car bore a sticker of a political party and kranti morcha. These guys take pride in breaking rules and also breaking the people who insist rules on them. Luckily, I follow the best practices of dealing with a Road rage and keep my calm. Apart from the usual expletives thrown on me which I conveniently ignored, there was nothing major done.
abhisheknandan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 11:54   #2023
BHPian

This is not a rant on the traffic per se but rather a rant on the traffic condition in and around Pune airport.

I was at the airport yesterday to receive my mom who was coming from Chennai on an Indigo flight arriving in Pune at 12am. I started from my office at 11.15pm considering 30mins travel to the airport and some 10-15 mins finding a parking space. Well good luck with that mission !!

There is total chaos inside the airport with no designated areas for parking / waiting. The cabs and private vehicles cause a traffic jam every 10-15 mins with loads of honking going on everywhere. The official parking lot is outside the airport premises on the opposite side of the road and that was closed.

Luckily I found a safe position inside the airport right in front of the arrivals gate. The attendant collected 100/- from me and gave me a receipt. Later on another person arrived and was shooing me off saying don't wait here - go around in circles till your passenger arrives.

Well first off I was not obstructing traffic in any way and secondly I was legitimately parked after paying the parking fee. I told him so and then he obliged and let me stay on.

Why has the condition deteriorated to such a level that even Swargate bus stand appears better managed than the airport ? All roads leading to the airport have no parking signs for 2-3 kms and as it is the roads are narrow so any parking will only cause more traffic jams.
Old 5th December 2017, 12:02   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Guess, which village of India this is?
is this the service road which joins the bypass between Baner and Pashan? From the renault showroom side.
A particular section there has been terrible for almost 6 months now. I recall taking an Uber which took a bad bad hit there.
Old 5th December 2017, 12:31   #2025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
is this the service road which joins the bypass between Baner and Pashan? From the renault showroom side.
A particular section there has been terrible for almost 6 months now. I recall taking an Uber which took a bad bad hit there.
Yes, this is indeed the one. I feel bad for these taxi guys, they have to drive on such roads with such traffic for most of their life. No doubt, they roam around frustrated and ready to fight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks