Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 00:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Biker Crashes into my Figo

I'm new to cars and Ford, but would calling Ford itself help?

I heard the service centers claim the labour charges are standardised, in that case even what work needs to be done must also be standardised.
Old 29th June 2011, 00:17   #32
Team-BHP Support

Similar thing happened to my indica when it was brand new. Took to concorde motors, and estimate was 25000(for fender and door). Since it was insured, I said "whatever" and gave the car.
The bill came to be 6000 and I had to pay 700 out of pocket.

Do not worry about estimates. They are inflated. You will lose no claim bonus as it is. It does not matter if they make a bill for 19000 or 19 lakhs.
tsk1979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 00:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Wow, I've had similar scrapes fixed in a santro, Ikon, Swift, all for a max of 3000 per panel, which includes denting, tinwork, painting and polishing. And with excellent quality, which makes it look as good as new. As most people here have advised, this is a rip off. Take your car to an independent garage, and I'm sure they'll be able to fix it in less than half the cost. And tell Ford about the dealer tactics, such deeds should not go unreported.
Old 29th June 2011, 01:52   #34
BHPian

Everyone here unanimously agrees that you are being overcharged, actually way overcharged. Even if it is going to be paid by your insurance, the amount of overcharge will impact your next year's insurance premium in a negative manner.

I had my Accent repaired for 1/3rd the price being quoted to you. Front door, rear door and front quarter panel all dented to remove minor scratches/dents that accumulated over years of driving in Delhi and had them repainted only for 6500/-, did not take any insurance claim for that amount and had my No claim bonus intact.

I hope you rethink and get on some serious talking with the insurance guys and the A.S.S. guys as well and tell them to go make a fool of someone else.
Old 29th June 2011, 10:31   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
Everyone here unanimously agrees that you are being overcharged, actually way overcharged. Even if it is going to be paid by your insurance, the amount of overcharge will impact your next year's insurance premium in a negative manner..
No it won't. Insurance in India is such that even if you claim 1rs from insurance, all your no claim bonus goes.
From the damage, it will be fixed in 2000 by an independent mechanic. You will save more with retaining your NCB
Old 29th June 2011, 11:07   #36
BHPian

I had had a small incident with my swift.A chevy uva apllied sudden brake as a snake was in the middle of the road and he had panicked.I too had lost my concentration as even i had seen the snake.By the time i realised the uva was stopping,it was too late and i rearended him.got a dent in my bonnet&bumber + some scratches.local workshop did the work for 3500.
Old 29th June 2011, 11:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Door skin because the SA says has got a little bend and they cant restore the original shape and want to change it.
I will look into that tomorrow when I get to the workshop. Not too sure. Will upload fresh pictures.
One of my close relatives reversed my car into a concrete pillar and the car stopped only after the impact,so you could imagine the damage done to the fender.

I got a quote of 2500 Rs from a local painter whom I know very well for denting and painting. The service center quoted me for 20K and said they will have to cut open the fender and weld back a new one and get it painted. I said nothing doing.

I also asked them to give me in writing that they cannot repair it and hence are trying to replace it, the service manager knows me well and got into the act and promised me to get it repaired, now it is back to normal and I paid 1100 from my pocket of which 500 is compulsory deduction.

The crap of being "unrepairable" is unacceptable, there are much more badly damaged and crushed vehicles that I know which were brought back to normal by denting and tinkering. You are being taken in for a ride. I am sure you know how to go about with it.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 11:36   #38
BHPian

I think the estimate might be a little inflated but i found that they charge you roughly 3.2k for each panel re painting. This way you should have 5 panel atleast that needs to be painted. Is that the case(not clear from your pictures)

When i had my figo re painted it cost me 16K and the re painted items were bumper, right wheel arch, and right door.
After claim Rs.3600 but had a bumper replacement, right headlamp and fog lamp too (all plastic so 50%)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rd-figo-2.html

Thought that was reasonable.

Please can you ask the dealer to explain the bill to you. They will definitely tell you how the estimate was reached.
Old 29th June 2011, 11:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
I think the estimate might be a little inflated but i found that they charge you roughly 3.2k for each panel re painting. This way you should have 5 panel atleast that needs to be painted. Is that the case(not clear from your pictures)

When i had my figo re painted it cost me 16K and the re painted items were bumper, right wheel arch, and right door.
After claim Rs.3600 but had a bumper replacement, right headlamp and fog lamp too (all plastic so 50%)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rd-figo-2.html

Thought that was reasonable.

Please can you ask the dealer to explain the bill to you. They will definitely tell you how the estimate was reached.

The numbers everyone is quoting are scaring me.

I have a tiny bump at the rear and some scratches in the front and rear - some touch up with paint is needed and a little denting work is needed at the back (below the left tail-light).

If the dealership gives me a BIG estimate, I would rather get it done outside. One question - If I get it done outside does it effect warranty/insurance in any way (I'm thinking it shouldn't but just to be sure)
Old 29th June 2011, 11:51   #40
Team-BHP Support

I mentioned this earlier in another thread, but just repeating as the damages on your
Figo looked so similar to what I had on my Ikon last year.

Last year when I was in India (in Nov 2010), my car brushed on one of the pillars in apartment parking entrance, and got a scratch and small dent on the left rear door and bumper. Immediately took the car to the Ford AS&S. After the initial assessment, I was told that it will cost around Rs.8000 to fix, and it’s better to do insurance claim. They also mentioned that around Rs.1000 will go from my pocket. They agreed to return the car in a couple of days, but I did not leave the car there as I needed it for the airport run next day (as I was returning to Singapore).

After a couple of days, the AS&S guys took the car from my apartment, did the repairs, and returned the car in a couple of days. Job well done, we paid around Rs.1100 from our pocket, and everyone happy. My dad collected the bill, and as usual did not bother to check any details. But, a month later - in December, when the insurance renewal came, I was shocked to hear from my dad that this specific repair cost was around Rs.40000!

I am yet to go back after this, but I am not sure who ripped off whom in this case. Maybe something fishy from the dealership - not sure. But will definitely meet up with the dealership management during my next visit to talk about this.
Old 29th June 2011, 12:07   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina
One question - If I get it done outside does it effect warranty/insurance in any way (I'm thinking it shouldn't but just to be sure)
Technically paint-jobs should not have an impact on warranty. But would help to read the warranty clause in your manual. In my manual, I see the clause under limitations of warranty "any vehicle which has been assembled, disassembled, adjusted or repaired by other than MASS". Here "repaired' can be interpreted differently - a paint/dent job could also be called a repair and thus used by the A.S.S. to deny warranty on something totally unrelated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup
A chevy uva apllied sudden brake as a snake was in the middle of the road and he had panicked.
Ha. The moment I read this post, I looked the location of the poster and like I guessed it had to be God's Own Country. I have had 2 instances of snakes crossing the road in front of my vehicle and even though I know that they are mere rat-snakes and I am in a car, it sends a chill down the spine. One time I was on a Scooty and it was more scary - feared that the reptile would coil around my legs or something.
Old 29th June 2011, 16:09   #42
BHPian

even though I know that they are mere rat-snakes and I am in a car, it sends a chill down the spine. One time I was on a Scooty and it was more scary - feared that the reptile would coil around my legs or something. [/quote]

there are a lot of cobras around too.Bet you would never venture out in a scooty again
Old 29th June 2011, 18:14   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I see the clause under limitations of warranty "any vehicle which has been assembled, disassembled, adjusted or repaired by other than MASS". Here "repaired' can be interpreted differently - a paint/dent job could also be called a repair and thus used by the A.S.S. to deny warranty on something totally unrelated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
One question - If I get it done outside does it effect warranty/insurance in any way (I'm thinking it shouldn't but just to be sure)
I have not heard of any member/friend losing his warranty by repainting outside, though some were scared by the SA for changing wheels.
@supremeBaleno: If this was the case we would all be driving stock cars from the showroom. Without any ICE or anything. Having a friendly SA always helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
...this specific repair cost was around Rs.40000!...
This a common technique used by A.S.S guys to earn some quick bucks. Even if your car has a tiny scratch, they replace the part. The part is then tinkered and sold/refitted.
Old 29th June 2011, 19:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
I have not heard of any member/friend losing his warranty by repainting outside, though some were scared by the SA for changing wheels.
@supremeBaleno: If this was the case we would all be driving stock cars from the showroom. Without any ICE or anything. Having a friendly SA always helps.

This a common technique used by A.S.S guys to earn some quick bucks. Even if your car has a tiny scratch, they replace the part. The part is then tinkered and sold/refitted.

Thanks

the thing is, it has been over a month since the last time I got a scratch - I don't think insurance guys are going to cover anything now - they require you to inform within 48hrs.

Now my guess was it won't cost much, only a crook would tell me anything needs replacement - but if these guys are into cheating they might fleece me too. And the way they jack up the insurance premium the appraisers are definitely in their pockets and probably so are guys from Ford who are supposed to keep a vigil.

I guess I'll get a quote - but ask them NOT to touch it. I'll get it done at one of the good garages in Hyderabad - if they void the warranty on that panel so be it.
Old 29th June 2011, 19:55   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
they require you to inform within 48hrs.
Inform within 48 hours and claim within 7 days. So I guess, in most cases, its usually 7 days.

Quote:
I guess I'll get a quote - but ask them NOT to touch it. I'll get it done at one of the good garages in Hyderabad - if they void the warranty on that panel so be it.
Do a quick calculation on how much you will lose on NCB next year (It depends on car to car). If the amount is less than what you have to shell from your pocket, then claim insurance. If you have a friendly workshop guy, or SA, even one or two months is not a problem - you will get insurance.

But then, for scratches et al.. its better to do it from outside. Fellow Hyderabad member hillram should know of good body shops, as he has repainted his Matiz from Hyderbad. Great VFM package and quality, he got.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks