Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 20:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Biker Crashes into my Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Inform within 48 hours and claim within 7 days. So I guess, in most cases, its usually 7 days.

Do a quick calculation on how much you will lose on NCB next year (It depends on car to car). If the amount is less than what you have to shell from your pocket, then claim insurance. If you have a friendly workshop guy, or SA, even one or two months is not a problem - you will get insurance.

But then, for scratches et al.. its better to do it from outside. Fellow Hyderabad member hillram should know of good body shops, as he has repainted his Matiz from Hyderbad. Great VFM package and quality, he got.

Well I guess I can tell them "this happened yesterday" - they can't prove it otherwise anyway. The problem is once cheating gets into somebody's head, the first casualty is usually competence.

Also if they fleece the insurance company too much and I end up paying similar amounts as I'll pay outside anyway then what's the point?
Old 29th June 2011, 21:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

Vid,
The front Fender has a really - really small dent. Size of a finger nail. Paint is still there its just a tiny dent.

figo_mba
Oh my, Your car was badly damaged compared to mine. I pray your car is back in your hands good as new?
Here nothing is broken and yet 19,000 +
inflated ? This is day light robbery!.

vb-san
I feel this branch of the A.S.S is here only to make money like this.

revintup
you were lucky there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Similar thing happened to my indica when it was brand new. Took to concorde motors, and estimate was 25000(for fender and door). Since it was insured, I said "whatever" and gave the car.
The bill came to be 6000 and I had to pay 700 out of pocket.

Do not worry about estimates. They are inflated. You will lose no claim bonus as it is. It does not matter if they make a bill for 19000 or 19 lakhs.

thanks tsk, I did exactly that, Gave them the nod to start the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I wouldnt buy that yet. The damage my left rear door suffered was at almost the same spot as your rear door. It's the bike's crash guard, I think.

Call their bluff. Tell them you have spoken to the helpdesk & Insurance agent friends - who have said it is not required. Or, ask them to prove it by showing it to you in B&W.

Else you always have other places to get the work done.
Thanks Condor that worked! I spoke to him again today and hinted that I got word from the insurance company about the discharge voucher, he said it was OK to give it to him once the job is completed

today I got 2 emails from them asking me to approve the job,

I finally gave them the goahead. Did not get time to there but will definitely be there tomorrow to keep an eye on what they are doing.

Was told I will get the car back by friday! Thats less than 2 days work. So that clearly means that the damage is very minimal at best.
There is a lot more I need to say but will do so after getting the car back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
One of my close relatives reversed my car into a concrete pillar and the car stopped only after the impact,so you could imagine the damage done to the fender.

I got a quote of 2500 Rs from a local painter whom I know very well for denting and painting. The service center quoted me for 20K and said they will have to cut open the fender and weld back a new one and get it painted. I said nothing doing.

I also asked them to give me in writing that they cannot repair it and hence are trying to replace it, the service manager knows me well and got into the act and promised me to get it repaired, now it is back to normal and I paid 1100 from my pocket of which 500 is compulsory deduction.

The crap of being "unrepairable" is unacceptable, there are much more badly damaged and crushed vehicles that I know which were brought back to normal by denting and tinkering. You are being taken in for a ride. I am sure you know how to go about with it.
Here everybody wants to only replace parts.
Costly lesson learned! Next time I will get the job done else where. Big Mistake trusting fords A.S.S with this.

The day warranty ends on my car I will kiss the A.S.S goodbye for even engine and mechanical repairs.

Other ford and Figo owners be warned the A.S.S might be over charing you for any accident repairs

Last edited by Captain Slow : 29th June 2011 at 22:18.
Old 29th June 2011, 22:08   #48
Team-BHP Support

Even if under insurance I would not get the front fender repaired and painted. It will save a bomb and in general repainting original panels is not a good idea. Small dent will keep coming.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 00:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Even if under insurance I would not get the front fender repaired and painted. It will save a bomb and in general repainting original panels is not a good idea. Small dent will keep coming.

My boss told me the same thing after I hit my car into a pole while reversing on the third day after delivery

By the way - any suggestions for covering up the scratches? I don't care too much about the looks, but am worried that it might start to rust where the paint has gone off
Old 30th June 2011, 08:49   #50
BHPian

Hi CaptainSlow

Sorry to see your car in this condition but thankfully you were safe.

If you remember i too had some dents and scratches on my front fender - posted here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2311499 and bumper and had taken it to Lathangi Ford Bodyshop. They had inititally said Rs 7000 for the front fender and bumper repainting and dent removal. It finally came to Rs 5200 as i paid myself.

I have no doubt that if Insurance would have been claimed the bill would have been inflated to Rs 7500.

Also one of my friends had a similar damage on his i10 - dent on one door and scratches on the other. He claimed insurance and the bill charged was Rs 25000. He paid around Rs 2000 from his pocket.

I guess this is how most *** in our country fleece insureres/customers.
Old 30th June 2011, 10:55   #51
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod : You have way too many spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other members / guests.

You are hereby instructed to proof-read your posts prior to hitting the "submit" button. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 30th June 2011 at 16:00.
RGK is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th June 2011, 11:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

This is perhaps one of the reason Insurance companies claim to be bleeding through their noses - and don't think you don't pay for it. May be not immediately but over the years increased insurance premium will burn a hole through our collective pockets.
Old 30th June 2011, 11:57   #53
BHPian

@Captain Slow; I got the entire front RHS of my Fiesta reconstructed alongwith replacement of suspension, front RHS tyre, steering column assembly parts from Ford Motors at Delhi in a total of INR 39,000.

This was in July 2010 during heavy monsoon storms, when a pile of hoardings from Commonwealth Games preparation related roadwork landed in the middle of the road on a couple of cars. Mine was 3rd in the line. Luckily, the engine and internal parts remained unharmed though I was expecting a much bigger estimate.

Negotiate and haggle with the manager at the workshop.

For minor surface jobs, you can try a local garage of good repute. They can usually arrange for excellent quality denting & painting work.

Good luck.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 30th June 2011 at 11:58.
Old 30th June 2011, 15:26   #54
BHPian

Captain, sorry to hear about your car. Ford dealer's do charge alot for painting. You can check my invoice here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1905862. The boot door and bumper paint job costed me 8.5K.
Old 30th June 2011, 23:19   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wise words Vid, I couldn't bear to see the car the way it was and was in a blind rush to get the car fixed.
Next time will organize and do it smoothly. (hopefully there wont be a next time)
How is your car doing Vid?

I went to the workshop today, I managed to snap some pictures of the car. SA assured me that the job they do will be of the best quality. They seem to be doing a good job but will know only once the car is ready.

Maybe I underestimated the work to be done? The back door was somewhere else being repaired after they replaced the outer skin. I didn't know they do that to car doors!
Take a look at the pictures.

Im not too worried about the cost now, I just want the car back without any rattles. They better fix the doors back properly.
SA knows about team-bhp and asked me if I was posting everything online, I told him yes with a big on my face.
He was kind enough to explain to me about what was pending and what all is to be done.
I should get the car back by tomorrow or Saturday. Told him no hurry take as much time as you want but get the job done right.

achilles
Thanks for your kind words.
I remember about your figo too. Yup they do and there isnt much we can do about it now can we? At the most we can get our cars repaired outside the A.s.S

Sugeeta
Thanks Sugeeta, I will try but now I think its too late.Will do so in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Biker Crashes into my Figo-595.jpg  

Biker Crashes into my Figo-596.jpg  

Old 1st July 2011, 00:15   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Wise words Vid, I couldn't bear to see the car the way it was and was in a blind rush to get the car fixed.
Next time will organize and do it smoothly. (hopefully there wont be a next time)
How is your car doing Vid?
My cars doing fine. Due for 10K service in a couple of weeks. No issues in the car as such apart from a few squeaks from the C-pillar.

Make sure the full quarter panel and the front fender are painted and not just part painted. Your paying for painting of full panel.

The door skin will be removed and a new skin will be welded. Before painting please go and check the welding of the new door skin and see how is the weld.

I'f just a bit fanatic so I'm asking you to check just in case.
Old 1st July 2011, 23:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My cars doing fine. Due for 10K service in a couple of weeks. No issues in the car as such apart from a few squeaks from the C-pillar.

Make sure the full quarter panel and the front fender are painted and not just part painted. Your paying for painting of full panel.

The door skin will be removed and a new skin will be welded. Before painting please go and check the welding of the new door skin and see how is the weld.

I'f just a bit fanatic so I'm asking you to check just in case.

Ah, the the figo is famous for its rattles and squeaks and yet when you complain they say the problem is only with your car
Me and Bhpian Vinboy who has a Titanium had a tough time explaining this to the AS.S

Call it love for cars or being a little crazy or whatever you want Im very much the same vid, today again I was there and checked up on the car and what they were doing,
SA took me inside the workshop, The painting seems to be done. All thats pending is the door fixing and polishing, some final touch ups and cleaning here and there.

Looks like everyone is reading team-bhp. SA told me that he read my posts here. He even saw the quotation I uploaded here.

Speaking to him a little bit he told me that this branch was awarded the 2nd best ford body shop in India! They were also given an award by ford for being very customer oriented.
I really hope the finish comes out as good as new! This is something I am worried about.
Specifically told him its OK if he needs an extra day but the finish needs to be perfect. They seem be doing a good job all I can do is wait for the end result before commenting.

Regarding the cost.
Total - 13,9xx
Insurace is covering 12,7xx
Remaining will be covered by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Tata AIG is notorious for hard bargaining the labor charges, if you are servicing at an authorized service center,.
You were right! someone at the workshop told me the same about Tata AIG.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 1st July 2011 at 23:06.
Old 1st July 2011, 23:36   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Take a look at the pictures.
Oops, so sad looking at the car in such a shape :(

Quote:
Looks like everyone is reading team-bhp. SA told me that he read my posts here. He even saw the quotation I uploaded here.
Thats good. They atleast know that what they do will be noticed by many more than just the guy he is facing!

Quote:
Regarding the cost.
Total - 13,9xx
Insurace is covering 12,7xx
Remaining will be covered by me.
sounds good, considering the huge estimate. Hope you get your car back in perfect shape, which is most important
Old 1st July 2011, 23:40   #59
BHPian

My i10 once sideswiped a pillar while parking, and ended up with a handful of dents from the front bumper to the rear qtr. panel.

I don't remember the exact cost, but we paid just 1k for the plastic strip.
So I guess, you can try get it done outside as save lots, or claim insurance.
Old 2nd July 2011, 01:27   #60
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys, will post pictures once I get the car back.
You Bhpians can tell me if the finish is good or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks