Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 11:01   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Biker Crashes into my Figo

Car got ready on Saturday evening SA advised me to pick it up on Monday as they needed to do some polishing work.

This weekend I was a little restless kept wondering how the paintjob will come out.
Finally Monday morning, took an auto and headed to the workshop. After traveling for more than one and half hours I reach the workshop and see my car all shiny and back to her usual self. Well allmost

The paintjob on the back door, front panel came out just perfect! It was as good as the factory finish. Smooth as a babies bottom and shined like a bald mans head

Then my eye caught the front door. There was a small tiny dent and paint chip at one spot. (Somehwere in the middle of the door) Vid, you reading this ?

Might have happened during the wash, or maybe someone opened another car door and brushed it against my figo.
They tried doing a brush touch up but it was a little too obvious thanks to the dent.

People here are nice to own up to the problem and agreed to get it fixed.
Also noticed the front door was a little bumpy, The finish wasn't smooth as the other panels that were worked on.
SA told me he wanted one more day to fix it. Left the car and came back.

I must admit, I was a little apprehensive about them but they are doing a good job and owned up to their mistake without any problems. Full points to them.

I will be going there again in a while and hopefully this time I will have my car back with me.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 5th July 2011 at 11:16.
Old 5th July 2011, 11:57   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The paintjob on the back door, front panel came out just perfect! It was as good as the factory finish. Smooth as a babies bottom and shined like a bald mans head
Thats good news captain.
Do post some pics once you get hold of your fully fixed donkey.
Old 5th July 2011, 20:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Thats good news captain.
Do post some pics once you get hold of your fully fixed donkey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The door skin will be removed and a new skin will be welded. Before painting please go and check the welding of the new door skin and see how is the weld.

Got the car back, the paint finish and smoothness is really good. You cant tell if the car has been repainted.
Even the finish on the doors and panels has come out well but unfortunately in some parts of the doors I can see bare metal, In the rear door where the skin was replaced I can see bare metal in some tiny places towards the outer edge of the door.
There is no primer, and there is no paint in these areas, I can only see the exposed metal body of the car.

I'm lost for words!

I tried to take pictures but its too dark now will try again in the morning. And to make matters worse we are middle of monsoon! What do I do now ?
Old 5th July 2011, 21:11   #64
Team-BHP Support

Oops. That's not good at all.

Take the car back and if the area isn't visible i.e. on the inside then just ask them to touch it up.

Also take a look at the bottom of the door which will get more exposure to water. I'm talking about the running board area of the door.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 00:10   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I can see bare metal in some tiny places towards the outer edge of the door.
There is no primer, and there is no paint in these areas, I can only see the exposed metal body of the car.
Ouch! thats bad.
That's why its better to take delivery in daylight.
You should demand that the repainting be done again.
Its risky to leave the metal exposed as you say, get it atleast touched up immediately.
figo_united is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 10:41   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the car back, the paint finish and smoothness is really good. You cant tell if the car has been repainted.
Even the finish on the doors and panels has come out well but unfortunately in some parts of the doors I can see bare metal, In the rear door where the skin was replaced I can see bare metal in some tiny places towards the outer edge of the door.

I'm lost for words!

I tried to take pictures but its too dark now will try again in the morning. And to make matters worse we are middle of monsoon! What do I do now ?

You may have a bigger problem than you think - primer is the thing that protects metal against rusting. The top coat is (in strictly chemical terms) mainly for show - though it is better than nothing (some barrier for the moisture).

So if they did not put primer even in the areas that they did paint - it is a bad job that looks good.
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 13:07   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How typical of Ford A.S.S. When my Bonnet got repainted, I had the exact same issue. Went back to the SA, and blasted him off (this had broken the bubble formed over time). Came after 3 days, and the car was all set and ready to be taken home. But alas... On closer inspection, I found that they had just rubbed, polished the area for more shine, and still had not repainted. Does these guys even know what a primer is?. Infuriated, I took the car back and swore never to come back again, and do max damage to their reputation. However, got a call from the Manager, offering a free pick up-drop down and free repainting for my hood. Till now haven't got time to be car-less for more than 3 days.
  • My humble suggestion. Go BACK to the A.S.S and get this sorted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
You may have a bigger problem than you think - primer is the thing that protects metal against rusting. The top coat is (in strictly chemical terms) mainly for show
Vina is spot on!
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 00:54   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Oops. That's not good at all.

Take the car back and if the area isn't visible i.e. on the inside then just ask them to touch it up.
Quote:
Ouch! thats bad.
That's why its better to take delivery in daylight.
You should demand that the repainting be done again.
Its risky to leave the metal exposed as you say, get it atleast touched up immediately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
You may have a bigger problem than you think - primer is the thing that protects metal against rusting. The top coat is (in strictly chemical terms) mainly for show
Thanks for the reply and support everyone.

Last night I emailed the workshop about this problem. Today morning got a call from them asking me to bring the car.

Another day wasted, But today some progress made.

Reached the workshop and this time went directly to the manager and showed him the problem. He looked at it and said it will be fixed nothing serious.
They finally fix the problem areas and tell me its nothing serious and if anything else crops up please bring the car back.

Just as I was about to leave I notice the rear right door is not aligned properly. The door which was replaced. Quickly compared it to the left side and some other cars.
Manager tried telling me this is how it is and it was normal. Some tech who around saw me complain about this came running and said its a door alignment problem he can fix it in a jiffy. Again car goes in and when it comes back its fixed.

dhanushs
I can sense your anger and frustration in your post. Your experience was with the same branch ?
Did exactly what you suggested and got it fixed but after this Im very apprehensive about them.

As usual the call I got today was from the same person who was interacting with during this repair job.
Don't know if he is reading this but if you are then a big thanks to you for showing me around when I came over and for keeping me updated on the job status but really you guys need to improve on QC!

Oh well, the car is back with me and everything seems how do I put this? just perfect now
Attached Thumbnails
Biker Crashes into my Figo-sab1.jpg  

Biker Crashes into my Figo-sab2.jpg  

Biker Crashes into my Figo-sab3.jpg  

Biker Crashes into my Figo-sab4.jpg  

Last edited by Captain Slow : 7th July 2011 at 01:08.
Old 7th July 2011, 01:07   #69
BHPian

aah! finally!
I almost went seeing the reflection of the leaf on the road in the 3rd pic!
Didnt realize it was a reflection at first!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th July 2011 at 01:10. Reason: only 2 smilies per post please.
Old 7th July 2011, 01:09   #70
Team-BHP Support

looks good. Can't see any orange peel so that's a good thing.
Old 7th July 2011, 01:14   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
aah! finally!
I almost went seeing the reflection of the leaf on the road in the 3rd pic!
Didnt realize it was a reflection at first!
Thanks the picture was taken after detailing the repaired portion of the car with some fine quality wax

Thanks Vid, They quickly painted the parts that were exposed. No more peels. They tell me it was an accident. Oh well.
Old 7th July 2011, 11:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply and support everyone.

Good to see the Donkey back. And I can see that it is still the good old head turner, look at the second and third pic, the chap on bicycle and the lady on the two wheeler are craning their heads back to have a second look, so not bad, eh? Not bad at all!

Last edited by anilisanil : 7th July 2011 at 11:28.
Old 7th July 2011, 15:34   #73
BHPian

Hey Captain Slow, just bumped into this thread and read it all in one go. Felt really bad at what you and you're ride had to go through! But in the end it's a happy ending just like our good old bollywood movies .

I must say you did a good job at staying alert and acting just rightly while sensing danger as those 2 bikers asked you for direction. There's really something fishy with the whole act they played.

Take care and drive safe!
Old 8th July 2011, 00:26   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Respected sir, Had you been in mumbai I could have got same work done in 5000/- ,incl of beat out dents and repainting the both doors and finally polishing.
Dear Veerji,

can you please help me with the address and location of the person dealing with this work here at Mumbai or Navi Mumbai at the above rates.

my car has received a few unwanted dents for which i aint sure that i should visit the FORD`s bodyshop taking my earlier experiences with them into consideration.

warm regards
Dinesh Malhotra

PS:
i could have pm`d your for the same, but didn`t find the PM icon in your public profile, hence adopted to approach here itself, so that all mumbaikars can gain access to many such places here in mumbai
Old 8th July 2011, 01:39   #75
Senior - BHPian

2 days after getting the car back, Paint is holding well. No more unpainted spots.

One thing I left out was the rear rattling sound which was solved by this branch of the A.S.S!
The st'marks branch couldn't locate the source of the rattle and kept telling me and bhpian Vinboy rattle is fixed. Poor Vinboy has visited the them so many times trying to fix this. I had given up on this,

This branch fixed the rattle in the first attempt.

Overall I will give them a

But they should really start looking into smaller details while doing a paintjob and maintain QC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks