Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2006, 20:15   #1
BHPian

Car relocation - Hyderabad to Delhi

Hi All

I had posted this query earlier..but i think it got lost somewhere..

Reposting

Delhi Guys need some advise...
1. I have to relocate from Hyd to Delhi in end Feb'06. My car is a Euro 2 Fiat Siena (2004 date of purchase)
2. Relocation costs will be paid by the company..So that is one huge thing which has been taken care of ..

Questions :
1. I will get the NOC from Hyd - Once the car reaches Delhi - do i just go to the RTO in NCR - Pay the Life Time Tax - Get the receipt & continue driving the car with the AP Registration number ?
2. Or do I get a Delhi Registration number instead ?
3. I heard only Euro 3 Vehicles can be registered in NCR...or is it just Delhi...I mean can I send the vehicle to some of my relatives in Gurgaon/Faridabad & get a Haryana Registration ....?
4. Or ...just drive my vehicle with the AP Registration...in Delhi...without transfering any paperwork...Do cops in Delhi harass u much ?
Old 14th February 2006, 21:53   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1
...Do cops in Delhi harass u much ?
No idea about the rest, but yes, Delhi cops, locally known as thulla's, are famous for harrassing people at the drop of the hat. Wearing of seatbelts is compulsory there, and you can't have too dark tints in Delhi. Dark tints are quite alright in Faridabad though.
Ofcourse the best way to bypass the thulla's is to have ready bribe money seperately with you. And they tend to ask for higher bribes than our Hyderabadi cops.

Offtopic, but it's necessary. Though all auto's there have working meters, all of them outrightly tell you that the meters dont work. You have to haggle about the price with them before you get it. They famous for knowning when a person is from out of town, and tend to really fleece them. When they quote a price, you should bargain and get the fare down to a lil' more than half of what they originally quote! Hope you find this informative.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 15th February 2006, 11:30   #3
Team-BHP Support

I moved from Bangalore to Delhi. I did not get any NoC/ or number change or Life time tax. I mean I dont want to put 50K in a car which costs 1.5-2L, right?
Delhi has lots and lots of out of state vehicles, so you will never be harrassed for out of state number plate.
The only time your out of state number plate will cause trouble is in selling, 40000 poof if your car is not haryana/UP/Delhi number.
If your company is paying the costs of Re registeration too, well in that case get a NCR number. I am not sure if you can get for Euro II cars, if you cant Gurgaon is only choice.

I am happy with my KA number, and when I think of selling it after 2-3 years, it will be so old(7 years old) that resale hit wont matter
Old 15th February 2006, 17:38   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Delhi has lots and lots of out of state vehicles, so you will never be harrassed for out of state number plate.
tsk..RJ, UP, HR, PB Registration Cars maybe quite common..but AP Registration ..may catch the cops attention..

esp with the Siena..it being such a rare car

W.r.t the life time tax - As I understand the process...I Pay the Tax in Delhi
( 2-3 %)..Get my Vehicle Registered...& I can get my Life Tax in Hyd Reimbursed ( 9%)..& that is a HUGE Difference in Amount..

Dont know if i am wrong with my understanding..

Also the other doubt w.r.t Euro 2 Vehicles remains..
The Euro 3 Laws apply to Delhi + Faridabad + Gurgaon..???
Or is it Just Delhi ??

if it is just Delhi, I can take the car to Faridabad to my uncles place & get it registered from there...
If it is entire NCR, then I may have to look at Meerut..or other places...
Old 15th February 2006, 17:45   #5
Team-BHP Support

I drive KA and nobody catches me, have seen lots of AP/TN/GJ/MH cars in delhi. Delhi cops are not overzealous on out of state vehicles like bangalore ones are.
As for Euro III it applies only to delhi. Faridabad, Gurgaon(both haryana), Noida(UP) have Euro II.

So you can take a faridabad registeration. Infact haryana registeration is cheaper than delhi where you have to pay MCD charges, etc., etc.,
Old 15th February 2006, 19:06   #6
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Delhi cops are not overzealous on out of state vehicles like bangalore ones are.
I agree. I used my AP registered car in Delhi/GGN for about 3 years without any problem. The only time I got caught was for the black tints.
Old 28th July 2012, 14:56   #7

re: Car relocation - Hyderabad to Delhi

Hey how did you get the life tax in hyd reimbursed..

My situation is also the same.. brought a car in haryana.. moved to AP.. paid the life time road tax in AP and now am trying to sell it.. but nobody in AP is ready to buy it.. so planning to send it back to ggn and sell it.. what do you guys think ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
tsk..RJ, UP, HR, PB Registration Cars maybe quite common..but AP Registration ..may catch the cops attention..

esp with the Siena..it being such a rare car

W.r.t the life time tax - As I understand the process...I Pay the Tax in Delhi
( 2-3 %)..Get my Vehicle Registered...& I can get my Life Tax in Hyd Reimbursed ( 9%)..& that is a HUGE Difference in Amount..

Dont know if i am wrong with my understanding..

Also the other doubt w.r.t Euro 2 Vehicles remains..
The Euro 3 Laws apply to Delhi + Faridabad + Gurgaon..???
Or is it Just Delhi ??

if it is just Delhi, I can take the car to Faridabad to my uncles place & get it registered from there...
If it is entire NCR, then I may have to look at Meerut..or other places...
Old 23rd April 2013, 15:49   #8
BHPian

Guys,

I might move to Delhi/NCR sometime in July-Aug (if everything works out well). I have a Fiesta with me and would like to take it along.

How much of a hassle is it ? I have a figure of around 15-20k(I think thats also quite high) in mind to spend on the tax that I will have to pay and would like to re-register the car to wherever I move to avoid the hassles when I plan to sell.

Is the NOC valid only for a specific period ? I have read in a few other threads that driving a car with other state's reg number in Delhi/NCR is not much of a problem, so might even try my luck running it as it is.

Edit : The car is turning 6 this july - 2007 model, fiesta 1.4.

Inputs please, thank you.

Last edited by Fiest@DuraTec : 23rd April 2013 at 15:50.
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:02   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
I have read in a few other threads that driving a car with other state's reg number in Delhi/NCR is not much of a problem, so might even try my luck running it as it is.
You are correct, Delhi has cars from every state in India and the cops in Delhi never bother about out of state cars.

However, if you intend to sell your car, you would need to get it transferred to Delhi after obtaining an NOC from the local RTO at Hyd. The NOC is valid for one year AFAIK.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:06   #10
BHPian

I have moved to Gurgaon couple of years ago and have 2 cars (Both AP registered) and have never faced any problem or have never been stopped by any cops across Delhi NCR.
Hashmi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:13   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
You are correct, Delhi has cars from every state in India and the cops in Delhi never bother about out of state cars.

However, if you intend to sell your car, you would need to get it transferred to Delhi after obtaining an NOC from the local RTO at Hyd. The NOC is valid for one year AFAIK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashmi View Post
I have moved to Gurgaon couple of years ago and have 2 cars (Both AP registered) and have never faced any problem or have never been stopped by any cops across Delhi NCR.
That seems promising. Let me consider my options - only hurdle is the 1 year NOC as I intended to keep my car for another 2 years. Is it a problem to get another NOC after a year ?

Another point, as visible from my signature, we currently have 2 fiesta's with us. One is with my dad at my native place(UP) and another with me in hyderabad. A few days back, we zeroed in to sell the one at my home town which is a decision which I might reconsider as it will be easier to keep and sell at will. I don't want to be in Delhi/NCR without a vehicle at my disposal.

I'm more attached to the one with me currently and is running better with low miles on the clock. If I sell it here, it won't fetch me good returns while the other one is fetching me just the amount I was expecting - a thorough discussion is required probably.

Last edited by Fiest@DuraTec : 23rd April 2013 at 16:18.
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:32   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Is it a problem to get another NOC after a year?
Not at all, apply for the NOC when a couple of months before you intend to sell the car so that you can get it in time.
Old 24th April 2013, 06:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Someone had posted a query to Delhi Traffic Police on their Facebook page for running out of state car in Delhi. DTP said, it's fine to run out of state vehicle in Delhi, there is no issue with that.

I had saved that page, let me get it and share it here.

Run your vehicle as is in Delhi, think about changing the RTO once you decide to sell the car here.
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 12:47   #14
BHPian

Re: Car relocation - Hyderabad to Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Someone had posted a query to Delhi Traffic Police on their Facebook page for running out of state car in Delhi. DTP said, it's fine to run out of state vehicle in Delhi, there is no issue with that.

I had saved that page, let me get it and share it here.

Run your vehicle as is in Delhi, think about changing the RTO once you decide to sell the car here.
Ohh man is that so ? I would me more than happy to carry my current ride from hyderabad which is newer and better as compared to the one I have with my dad.

Thank you very much and yes, if at all possible, please share that page here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks