Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 10:16   #1591
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have to go to Jogestwari SV Road tomorrow morning (have to reach there by 10:30 am). I was planning to take the metro from Ghatkopar to Andheri station and take an auto from Andheri station. How much time will it take for me from Andheri to Jogeshwari SV Road? Also I will be returning back after an hour or two - will the return journey by auto from Jogeshwari to Andheri be a huge problem?
Apologies for not replying on time. I hope you have taken a rickshaw from Andheri metro station. I guess there should not be much traffic as you are going in the reverse direction.
Old 25th October 2017, 10:49   #1592
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Apologies for not replying on time.
This is for tomorrow, not today - so more than on time.
Old 25th October 2017, 10:55   #1593
BHPian

Query:-

With the on going metro work ,what is the travel time say around 9pm from powai to evershine nagar (malad west) via jvlr?

Google map showed an hour when I last checked with the usual bottle neck near goregaon hub mall

Any one doing this route regularly (appreciate the insight)
Old 25th October 2017, 20:46   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Allahabad Bank, Heena Shopping Arcade, General Arun Vaidya Marg, SV Road, Jogeshwari West. I don't think I will be taking the train to Jogeshwai - I will have to again buy tickets etc.
This is less than 5 mins walk from Jogeshwari stn
If you are ok to travel by train, you can buy local train tickets via this app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cris.utsmobile

Or take the metro till Azad Nagar metro station, will be easier to get a rick / Uber from here and slightly less congested compared to Andheri Stn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Query:-

With the on going metro work ,what is the travel time say around 9pm from powai to evershine nagar (malad west) via jvlr?

Google map showed an hour when I last checked with the usual bottle neck near goregaon hub mall

Any one doing this route regularly (appreciate the insight)
An hour is more like it. I would recommend the Malad Subway route, as you would then avoid the jam on the Goregaon East- West flyovers + the jams on link Road due to metro construction.
On this route there will be bumper to bumper traffic till the Times of India junction / flyover ( you have to avoid this flyover ) and a take a left from beneath it.
Follow the traffic to the signal on SV Road and then go straight from the signal.
This road will lead you out to Link Road at the Movietime Cinema signal. Go straight from there to get into Evershine Nagar.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th October 2017 at 16:25. Reason: Posts merged. Please do use our MULTI-QUOTE feature (see FAQs for more). Thanks!
Old 2nd January 2018, 17:02   #1595
Senior - BHPian

Stuck at ghatkopar just before ramabai nagar since 2 pm. Road block by anti social elements. A bunch of hooligans kids literally just banged on my car by hand and left. They were literally bossing older people around.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 2nd January 2018 at 17:04.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 17:58   #1596
Senior - BHPian

A bandh is expected tomorrow, so those travelling by roads, especially in or around Ghatkopar and Chembur areas beware.

There was police force out today on stations too, so I don't think the police will allow the anti social elements free tomorrow. But just beware.
Old 2nd January 2018, 22:20   #1597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Stuck at ghatkopar just before ramabai nagar since 2 pm. Road block by anti social elements. A bunch of hooligans kids literally just banged on my car by hand and left. They were literally bossing older people around.
Reached home at 9:15. At around 5 the hooligans decided to pity small vehicle owners and allowed them to pass through bylanes at the side of the blocked route. It took till 8 15 for me to reach the other end of the highway due to massive jams and also due to a wrong turn by me. I had two gps devices guiding me through the lanes but it was two human beings who guided me out of the mess whereas the devices kept asking me to take u turn.

As usual good samaritans came out with water and biscuits to help those stuck. A police van carrying prisoners were also stuck in the jam. Even they pleaded helplessness in the situation saying there is little chance for even them to move. One could see smoke of the burning tyres rising. What a way to start the new year.
Old 2nd January 2018, 22:32   #1598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
There was police force out today on stations too, so I don't think the police will allow the anti social elements free tomorrow. But just beware.
Cops are just mute spectators at the beginning when the crowds were asking shops to close down. A friend was asked to shut his shop and there was a Police van probably 10 ft away from his door - but cops just watched. Its only when things tend to go bad do the cops jump in on the action, by which time it is too late (i.e traffic is held up and the mob damages property). I know the cops are humans as well, but while I am always in praise of them for keeping us safe, I think its time for them to start cracking down hard on those who wish to disrupt the life in a city like Mumbai no less.

Quote:
Reached home at 9:15.

As usual good samaritans came out with water and biscuits to help those stuck.
Thanks for the update, glad to know you reached home safe. Its the people of Mumbai and its spirit that makes us Mumbaikars proud to call home. I had an uneventful journey home as well. Initially I tried to take the train home, but seeing the crowds, took the bus. A few ladies were nervous, but a couple of young gentlemen assured them "aunty, saath-saath jayenge, kuch nahi hoga." (We'll go together, nothing will happen.)
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 23:12   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Cops are just mute spectators at the beginning when the crowds were asking shops to close down. A friend was asked to shut his shop and there was a Police van probably 10 ft away from his door - but cops just watched. Its only when things tend to go bad do the cops jump in on the action, by which time it is too late (i.e traffic is held up and the mob damages property). I know the cops are humans as well, but while I am always in praise of them for keeping us safe, I think its time for them to start cracking down hard on those who wish to disrupt the life in a city like Mumbai no less.

A lot of this has to do with politics. The people rioting are probably associated with some political outfit. No common man will ever go out and riot. If the government decides to act then I can say with a fair amount of certainty that not even one shop can be forced to shut down. All the government needs to do is issue a shoot at site order against rioters. If there is one rioter who is shot and a clear message sent that there will be 0 tolerance, I am sure most of these riots will disappear. It's sad that vote bank politics takes priority over everything else.

Will the common men and women ever come together and refuse to pay taxes till basic security for them is in place? The power of the common man is untapped.
HKap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 08:20   #1600
Senior - BHPian

Reached office today morning through Eastern express highway from Thane. Thin traffic all through till Powai. Hope the same situation prevails in the evening too.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:50   #1601
BHPian

was good till 10 am. I reached powai in record time today.
but then post then it has been chaotic everywhere. Gandhinagar, Kanjur right, Powai Galleria, Kailas complex all are blocked by the mobs. not allowing any vehicles.
ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 13:59   #1602
Senior - BHPian

Trains have stopped and roads are blocked. No public transport available outside. Best stay home folks!
Old 3rd January 2018, 21:03   #1603
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was stuck there too yesterday. From 130pm till around 730pm. Just after the Cheda nagar bridge on the side going towards Vikhroli.

It was absolute hooliganism. So many cops but they did nothing. While the protestors were having a ball of a time on the other side of the road which was clear. Burning stuff, breaking bottles, and creating chaos.

It felt like we were being held hostage. They were going from car to car asking owners to put them off. They were even stopping people from using their phones to take pictures, threatening to break the phones. In fact some of these hooligans were standing on top of a container truck waving their flag. For some reason they thought I had taken a picture, and suddenly I was surrounded by a group of them aggressively asking me to delete the picture. I showed them I had taken no picture and they dispersed.

There were some people distributing water and biscuits after about 2-3 hours of waiting. And some had set up vada pav and sandwich stalls on the side of the road and were giving them away.

It was quite tense for a few hours in the middle, with everyone hoping no violence started. Since I was in the X3, I locked the car and didn't stand too close. There was a 5 series parked next to my car, and all of the hooligans who passed by muttered about 2 BMWs. In case they got violent I knew these cars would be easy targets, so decided to stay away.

All in all a horrible day. Hope the people who caused this are given the strictest punishment possible.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 21:44   #1604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
I was stuck there too yesterday. From 130pm till around 730pm. Just after the Cheda nagar bridge on the side going towards Vikhroli.
Mumbai Traffic-screen_grab_mum_riot.jpg

That's my Civic highlighted in the screen grab. I was stuck next to the bridge till 5:30 till they made way for the small cars from the extreme left. I guess since you were a bit ahead there must have been difficulty to get out from there. There was gentleman in a brand new white Honda City behind me and a family in the Wagon-r ahead of me.

Source :-
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 19:35   #1605
BHPian

Vashi Creek Bridge to be taken under renovation from 23rd Jan to 12th Feb. May result in Heavy traffic on Vashi-Mumbai road; one sided blockage expected.
Heavy vehicles to be diverted via Airoli bridge.
Recommended to plan travel for Home/Office accordingly.
https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.hindu...N3IiN_amp.html
FarPatel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks