Jvlr exit at powai closed for sometime due truck accident
Name:  ForumRunner_20130621_130723.png
Views: 1420
Size:  497.3 KB
gigy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 13:53   #512
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

One thing that I have noticed is that traffic is always high on every Friday morning on WEH, at least between Oberoi Mall - JVLR. Just trying to think of possible reasons - maybe more people get their cars out on fridays?
Old 21st June 2013, 14:25   #513
BHPian

I left office early today. There was a build up on the flyover from Powai to Kanjur Marg, traffic had come to a standstill. Fortunately, vehicles could turn around and use the road below the flyover.

Here is the culprit, don't know how it happened.
Mumbai Traffic-image3255534083.jpg
Old 21st June 2013, 14:48   #514
Senior - BHPian

Things are normalized now . i think this point needs a traffic police post for all day. A dozen incident accident happen daily.
Old 22nd June 2013, 01:58   #515
BHPian

Finally got a chance to get on to the Eastern Freeway today on the way to the TBHP Hiranandani Mini-Meet which turned out to be not so Mini but great fun. I think this is THE best thing to happen to Mumbai North-South Traffic. End to End can be covered in 12/15 minutes flat(After obeying the speed limit). Got a few clicks so I thought I should share them.

Further Details about the Freeway @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Freeway_(Mumbai)

Approach to the freeway from CST side. Immediately after the 'Wadi Bunder' signal on Reay Road.
Mumbai Traffic-img_2848.jpg

The climb on to the Flyover. Cement Concrete Road surface similar to many roads in town.
Mumbai Traffic-img_2849.jpg

Surface changes to one of the smoothest stretches of Tarmac in Mumbai!(As of 21:00 hours today)
Mumbai Traffic-img_2850.jpg

Barricades in some parts probably due to Port/Indian Oil private areas.
Mumbai Traffic-img_2856.jpg

Ghatkoper = Central, Vashi = Harbour. Boon for both directions.
Mumbai Traffic-img_2857.jpg

Flyover just goes on and on...
Mumbai Traffic-img_2858.jpg

Please keep your ENTIRE BODY inside the moving vehicle at all times. Yes, The car was moving.
Mumbai Traffic-img_2863.jpg

Roads looking Bright and Shiney due to Monsoon.
Mumbai Traffic-img_2865.jpg

Contrary to what You think, We are still in Mumbai.
Mumbai Traffic-img_2868.jpg

Approch to the Tunnel. Only one Tunnel operational as of now.
Mumbai Traffic-img_2869.jpg

Speed Limit - 30 kmph. Not sure how strictly it might be implemented.
Mumbai Traffic-img_2874.jpg

Freeway ends with a signal after the end of this tunnel.
Mumbai Traffic-img_2879.jpg
esma1981 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 03:52   #516
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
Finally got a chance to get on to the Eastern Freeway today on the way to the TBHP Hiranandani Mini-Meet which turned out to be not so Mini but great fun. I think this is THE best thing to happen to Mumbai North-South Traffic. End to End can be covered in 12/15 minutes flat(After obeying the speed limit). Got a few clicks so I thought I should share them.
esma1981, faatastic pics and report. Thanks for sharing!

Any pic of the Chembur/Wadala side entry/exit point?
Old 22nd June 2013, 18:50   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please keep your ENTIRE BODY inside the moving vehicle at all times. Yes, The car was moving.
Hi esma1981,
Thanks a lot for the pics and reports.
What was the chap thinking about riding on the boot of the moving car. Werent there any patrol cops to catch such miscreants.
I am sure the wonderful experience of eastern freeway ride was well enhanced by the T-BHP meet.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:30   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
esma1981, faatastic pics and report. Thanks for sharing!

Any pic of the Chembur/Wadala side entry/exit point?
Thanks SDP! My inspiration is all the reports I've seen on TBHP all these years!
Was not able to click the entry/exit points. Maybe on my way to the second fortnight meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi esma1981,
Thanks a lot for the pics and reports.
Thanks ghodlur. Hope your foot is perfectly fine by now.
Quote:
What was the chap thinking about riding on the boot of the moving car. Werent there any patrol cops to catch such miscreants.
I did spot couple of police cars on the freeway but not sure if there were patroling or trying out the freeway just like me.
Quote:
I am sure the wonderful experience of eastern freeway ride was well enhanced by the T-BHP meet.
Yes, it was a good experience overall and I'm tempted to come for more of these meets.(By the Eastern Freeway)
esma1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 10:35   #519
BHPian

A drainage cover has caved in at the end of Gandhi Nagar flyover at Powai end. This has resulted in huge traffic build up, extending to the start of JVLR at EEH.

The drive to my office which takes about 45 min, took 1 hour 30 min today!
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai Traffic-eeh.jpg  

sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 11:06   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Contrary to what You think, We are still in Mumbai.
Hello Esma1981,

Thank you for the first hand report & pictures of Eastern Freeway. It seems people like us living / working in western suburbs will have to schedule a half day picnic to Churchgate / Nariman Point on a weekend to get a chance to drive on this spetacular freeway while returning.

Lucky are those who will get a chance to pass through Eastern Freeway regularly. Further let us hope that the quality of the road is top notch & it remains free of pot holes.

Thanks,
Old 25th June 2013, 00:14   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Esma

Lucky are those who will get a chance to pass through Eastern Freeway regularly. Further let us hope that the quality of the road is top notch & it remains free of pot holes.

Thanks,
Jignesh
Hi
We always hope that the new roads last long resulting in a pleasant drive.
The hopes always get dashed within no time. In the last 10/20 years all hopes about the improved road conditions have .... well,just been hopes.
Pot holes developing in few days.. can you beat that.
Maybe someday things will change.
Regards
Old 25th June 2013, 09:07   #522
BHPian

People going to Jogeshwari on JVLR the slope leading to Seepz is in a mess and traffic is moving very slowly. After that JVLR is fine.
Old 25th June 2013, 09:40   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Nice pics, thanks for sharing! It certainly looks unlike any other road we have in Mumbai. Once it is fully operational I ardently hope it takes some load off the EEH, which in its current state of repair and use is a mockery of its name.
Old 25th June 2013, 09:59   #524
Senior - BHPian

There was Diwali on the Eastern express highway yesterday evening in the midst of heavy rains with every vehicle - big, small, heavy, light flashing the hazard lights though out the stretch till the outskirts of Thane. There were some morons who were driving at 100 speeds on the EE highway when most of the vehicles were in their 50's speed. These idiots had the hazard lights on and no way could indicate which way they would turn. The worst part was saw a Merc with the Hazard lights on, now what can one say about such driver.
Old 25th June 2013, 10:15   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
There was Diwali on the Eastern express highway yesterday evening in the midst of heavy rains with every vehicle - big, small, heavy, light flashing the hazard lights though out the stretch till the outskirts of Thane. There were some morons who were driving at 100 speeds on the EE highway when most of the vehicles were in their 50's speed. These idiots had the hazard lights on and no way could indicate which way they would turn. The worst part was saw a Merc with the Hazard lights on, now what can one say about such driver.
Thats a pet peeve of mine. Even on my way to office yesterday, it was raining heavily and I remember thinking that it looks like an early Diwali today with the hazard lights on on most cars.
I felt like giving a thumbs up to a Punto driver who was driving sensibly in the low visibility, with only parking lights on. But 10 mins of seeing hazard lights everywhere, even he succumbed to peer pressure and switched his hazard lights on.
gomzi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks