Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2013, 18:35   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

Has anyone passed through Aarey Road lately? How is the condition of the road? Reason for asking - ever present traffic snarls on JVLR from SEEPZ towards WEH after 6 pm during evenings.

I guess due to Ganpati Imersions, the road would have been patched up atleast to last for fortnight.

Thanks,
Jignesh Bhai,

You can take Aarey as a one time option just because of Ganpati processions on JVLR. Just make sure that you drive real slow and are always on the lookout for potholes. I had last taken the road a month back and it was bad but still there are several vehicles passing through the same patch.

Road patch up happens intermittently but the quality is so bad that it doesnt last long. In most places paver blocks or stones are just put in to fill the potholes.
Old 17th September 2013, 08:42   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Just now lodged a complaint on the trafficpolicemumbai website and also called up the traffic control room, appraised them of the barricade and requested them to be removed. Hopefully they do it.
Unfortunately the barricade still exists. No action from the traffic police. Time for a reminder.
Old 17th September 2013, 10:57   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I had last taken the road a month back and it was bad but still there are several vehicles passing through the same patch.
Hello Desmosedici,

Thank you for the update. I went through Aarey Road yesterday evening & it was indeed real bad. Only a small patch of 200 / 300 meters near lake is patched up to facilitate smooth Ganpati Visarjans.

Hello All,

I hereby request everyone to aviod Aarey Road for next couple of weeks. The road condition at some places is so bad that it seems not like mud track but literally stone track. By no means one feels that this is road in Mumbai & it is real dangerous driving there, especially in dark.

While riding through the road yesterday, for a moment I felt that authorities should feel shameful for collecting toll for vehicles to pass though this road.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 19:30   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately the barricade still exists. No action from the traffic police. Time for a reminder.
An update. Finally the metal barricade has been removed. A call to Saki naka traffic PI and the gentleman assured me that he would immediately get it removed. Was surprised to know that PI knew of the barricade & reason for the putting it there.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 20:42   #800
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
An update. Finally the metal barricade has been removed. A call to Saki naka traffic PI and the gentleman assured me that he would immediately get it removed. Was surprised to know that PI knew of the barricade & reason for the putting it there.
Thanks Girish! Was a pleasant surprise when I was heading back home today.
Old 18th September 2013, 09:04   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Girish & Kiran for taking this to a conclusion.

BTW what could be the reason for that thing to be lying there?
Old 18th September 2013, 09:10   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
BTW what could be the reason for that thing to be lying there?
This was put there for some MTNL cabling manhole purposes as told by the gentleman PI. The job was done long back but the MTNL guys (as usual) failed to inform traffic regarding the removal of the same.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 09:23   #803
Distinguished - BHPian

Driving in the Western suburbs has become a complete nightmare. I had the misfortune of being stuck in the peak hour rush (which nowadays seems to be 24x7) for the last couple of days. One time it took me an hour to cover about 7 km, fuel consumption 2.9 kmpl of the MID. Worst thing is that the AC was on auto mode throughout, which means every possible pollutant got in and now I am down sick.

Funny enough it didn't seem to related to the Ganapati festival. Seems to be quite normal here. As a young driver, I cut my teeth driving on the Malad-Juhu Link Road. Now I can't even recognise the road. Sad times indeed!
Old 18th September 2013, 10:36   #804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Driving in the Western suburbs has become a complete nightmare. I had the misfortune of being stuck in the peak hour rush (which nowadays seems to be 24x7) for the last couple of days. One time it took me an hour to cover about 7 km, fuel consumption 2.9 kmpl of the MID. Worst thing is that the AC was on auto mode throughout, which means every possible pollutant got in and now I am down sick.

Funny enough it didn't seem to related to the Ganapati festival. Seems to be quite normal here. As a young driver, I cut my teeth driving on the Malad-Juhu Link Road. Now I can't even recognise the road. Sad times indeed!
Fully agree. Western side is the worst. So much traffic, so many signals, so many bad roads with uneven paver blocks.

I used to zoom around the link road on my bike when i was in college. Ever since these malls have cropped up, traffic has gone up like crazy.
Old 18th September 2013, 11:04   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As a young driver, I cut my teeth driving on the Malad-Juhu Link Road. Now I can't even recognise the road. Sad times indeed!
Yes that is very true.

Do you remember Western "Express" Highway? If you get a (mis)fortune to drive on this road on any working day morning, 12 kms from Malad (Times of India fly-over) to Domestic Airport will take nothing less than 1 hour. Also there will be a open challenge to engage 4th gear in your continously for 5 minutes.

Above was just an example, but in general the traffic situation in Western suburbs has gone real bad. While driving in car, the distance of 5 - 7 kms say from your home to a shopping mall takes minimum 30 - 40 minutes.

Thanks,
Old 18th September 2013, 12:35   #806
SDP
Team-BHP Support

"Aaj sab ghar se bread le ke nikalna...kyun ki
raste main bahut jam milne wala hain"
Just got that on WA. Couldn't resist sharing.
Sorry for the humour on this otherwise serious thread.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 14:05   #807
Senior - BHPian

Hello Mumbaikars,

Kindly not the below traffic diversions for today & plan your travel accordingly:

Colaba: Nathalal Parekh Marg – Badhwar Park to Indu Clinic

Dadar: Dr B A Road – Bharatmata Junction to Bawla Compound |Dr S S Road – Gopal Naik Chowk to Lalbaug police chowky | Dattaram Lad Marg - Chinchpokli bridge to kala chowki | Sane Guruji Marg – Gas company Junction to Arthur Road Naka | Dr E borges Road – Dr B A Road to Khanolkar Chowk.

Central Mumbai
Chembur : Hemu Kalani Marg from Umarshi Bappa Jn to Basant Park Jn.
Kurla – Sheetal Cinema: LBS Marg: North bound will be closed from Kurla Depot to Ghatkopar Link Road Jn. South bound lane will be used for both ways traffic.

Ghatkopar Link Road: North bound will be closed towards Vasantdada Patil Marg and south bound towards LBS Marg.

Bhandup: Bhattipada Marg Bhandup (w)from Jangal mangal Road to LBS Marg, Jangal Mangal Marg from Hotel Laxmi to Sarvoday Nagar Society.

Mulund: Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg from Modela Jn to Ambedkar Chowk to its Jn till LBS Marg, LBS Marg north bound from Modella Light Signal to toll naka and South bound will be used for both ways.

Western Mumbai
Powai: Aadi Shankaracharya Marg (Powai) from Jal Vayu Vihar Road to Arcade avenue marg.

Juhu: Shamrao Parulekar Marg from Indravadan Oza Marg to Vaikunthlal Mehta Marg, Janardhan Mahtre Road from Juhu to Moragaon.

Aarey Colony: Aarey Colony Road from Unit no 2 to Unit no 5.

Kandivali: M G Road at Kandivali will be closed from Body shopping centre to Datta mandir Road from West to East.

Thane
All roads to Thane Station via Vishnunagar Naupada, Sopan Square, Ram Maruti Road & Masunda Lake are closed for all traffic at Namaskar Hotel Cross. Use alternate routes.

All roads from Thane Station via Gaondevi, Shivaji Rd, Meenatai Thakre Sq, and Kalwa are closed for all traffic at Gaondevi Cross.

Traffic will be closed on Veer Savarkar Road from Charai area at Hotel Kolhapur. Use alternate route from Tilak Sq to Bhavani Sq to Court Naka (turn right).

Road is closed from Hariniwas Naka, Teen Petrol Pump towards Gajanan Sq. For Ganesh Visarjan, take left at Teen Petrol Pump to Vandana Tea Point and right at Gajanan Sq onto Ram Maruti Rd and then left at Durvas Mens Hub to Masunda Talao.

S G Barve Rd at Sindhudurg Hotel coming from Modela Check Naka towards Rd No 16 and Wagle Estate will be closed. Take left at Sindhudurg Hotel, then right at Jagdale Transport onto Shantaram Chavan Rd and then left at MIDC Office onto SG Barve.

Road no 16 is closed for all vehicles coming from Wagle Estate towards Model Naka. Take left to Agriculture Office towards Bradma Co & Kamgar Hospital to Nitin Jn.

Source: http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/18902...versions-guide

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 15:17   #808
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I cut my teeth driving on the Malad-Juhu Link Road.
I remember when i was a kid, whenever we used to pass by Malad Link rd we used to immediately roll up the windows in the car due to the foul smell as it was a dumping ground back then! And look what it has become now!
Old 19th September 2013, 10:56   #809
Senior - BHPian

Hello Friends,

Monsoon woes are back in Mumbai & they are back with (Da)bang.

Today morning the traffic on Western "Express" Highway was literally at standstill between Mahindra Flyover to Dindoshi Flyover. There was no visible reason for the traffic pile up.

Surprisingly, while I write this post (at approx 11:00 am) the traffic situation is still the same:

Mumbai Traffic-untitled.jpg

Most important - Due to heavy overnight rains, the patch work done on pot-holes are opening & the paver blocks are becoming lose once again. Drivers / Bikers beware.

Thanks,
Old 19th September 2013, 14:08   #810
BHPian

Hi Jignesh,

The traffic on WEH seems to have slowed down due to the paver blocks put up near dindoshi flyover They have started to come loose and the pile up has started all over again. Sems like the Monsoons are back. took me 20 mins to cover stretch from Kandivali to Goregaon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks