Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2013, 15:13   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
The traffic on WEH seems to have slowed down due to the paver blocks put up near dindoshi flyover They have started to come loose and the pile up has started all over again.
Hello Dieseltuned,

If that is really the cause, then we will have bad time everyday morning. Because I remember during June & July the traffic was really bad from Mahindra Flyover in Kandivali till start of Dindoshi Flyover due to bad road condition.

Luckily during that time I used to stay at Malad West. But last month I shifted to Kandivali West & it seems I too will have real bad time passing through Kandivali & Malad sections of Western "Express" Highway.

Thanks,
Old 19th September 2013, 16:31   #812
BHPian

I also frequently pass through this stretch (Mahindra to Dhindhoshi flyover) on the W E Highway. It will be a gross understatement to say that traffic was horrible today. May I say that it was bordering on being apocalyptic (could be because I was out during the peak time - 9:30 AM).

On days like this, one wonders what are the options left for residents of northern suburbs. Local trains are already overflowing. And roads are in such a bad shape. It all adds up to make one's life stressful.

No wonder, Mumbai is seeing a significant rise in heart ailments among young.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...rafulla-kerkar

Quote:
MUMBAI: Is the stressed Urban GeNext increasingly prone to heart conditions? In the past few months, doctors across the city have been seeing a steady stream of youngsters with heart problems. A cardiologist in Thane, for one, examined 15 such patients aged between 24 and 30 in the past 45 days alone.

Last edited by Gotham_City : 19th September 2013 at 16:42.
Gotham_City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 17:40   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Dieseltuned,

If that is really the cause, then we will have bad time everyday morning. Because I remember during June & July the traffic was really bad from Mahindra Flyover in Kandivali till start of Dindoshi Flyover due to bad road condition.

Luckily during that time I used to stay at Malad West. But last month I shifted to Kandivali West & it seems I too will have real bad time passing through Kandivali & Malad sections of Western "Express" Highway.

Thanks,
I really do not understand, why do they use Paver blocks on a trunk road that sees such heavy traffic ? does any body have an inkling whether there is any rule behind putting paver blocks, or is it just some random decision by some money hungry babu ?
Old 19th September 2013, 20:09   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
I really do not understand, why do they use Paver blocks on a trunk road that sees such heavy traffic ? does any body have an inkling whether there is any rule behind putting paver blocks, or is it just some random decision by some money hungry babu ?
I am 100% sure that someone sitting high up would have made a lot of money on this Paver Block thing. You should just see the way those are put on. Nothing beneath its surface to hold it steady. Our BMC would have to be the worst in all of India. We call Mumbai the Commercial Capital and basic infra like roads are in a mess.
Old 24th September 2013, 15:08   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
An update. Finally the metal barricade has been removed. A call to Saki naka traffic PI and the gentleman assured me that he would immediately get it removed. Was surprised to know that PI knew of the barricade & reason for the putting it there.
Is there a website for Thane Police? I want to complain about vehicles stopping at the beginning and end of flyovers. These are private buses, taxis and some private cars. Not only are these dangerous, they create bottlenecks as well. This problem is rampant along flyovers on EEH.
Old 24th September 2013, 15:19   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Is there a website for Thane Police? I want to complain about vehicles stopping at the beginning and end of flyovers. These are private buses, taxis and some private cars. Not only are these dangerous, they create bottlenecks as well. This problem is rampant along flyovers on EEH.
http://thanepolice.org/traffic.php
Unfortunately it does not open at my workplace due to firewall issues.

Just a note: Mumbai traffic policewebsite trafficpolicemumbai.org is no longer available. It says domain name expired on Sept 17. Since then the website is out of service.
Old 27th September 2013, 19:25   #817
Senior - BHPian

Some good news in the offing for the Mumbai/Navi Mumbaikars.

Vashi flyover is proposed to be made 12 lane. Additional 6 lanes is proposed to be added to the already existing 6 lanes. This is to be inline with the proposed 15 km 12 laning of the Panvel Sion section. I hope this project does see the light with faster clearances from the state govt looking at the chaotic status at the Vashi toll. More details in the link.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/23126747.cms
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 20:58   #818
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to the Narendra Modi visit , entire stretch from Kalanagar to Andheri flyover on WEH was super jammed today! Supporters walking on the streets, luxury buses double parked on the highway! What if someone were dying & needed to go to hospital?
Even the south bound stretch from Andheri flyover to Parle was jammed due to the luxury buses!
I do not know what is his schedule for tomorrow!
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 21:31   #819
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Today while driving back, even the Powai to Thane stretch was bad even at 8pm. JVLR was thick with vehicles and traffic eased a bit as I joined the Easter Express.

A traffic jam in one section of the city tends to create issues in other areas as well.
Old 1st October 2013, 01:55   #820
BHPian

Took me two hours from Parel to Bandra at 7pm. One of those rare days when Google traffic got it wrong. It showed that via the normal route was 25 mins and via the Sealink was 28 mins. Idiotic me... I took the normal route and spent one hour in mahim.
Old 1st October 2013, 11:53   #821
BHPian

Don't know what had gone wrong today! Absolutely packed roads from Mahindra flyover, Kandivali to Aarey flyover on W E Highway in the morning. That also meant sparse traffic from Aarey to all the way to Airport bottleneck. Almost everyone was ripping close to triple digit speeds post Aarey - may be frustrated with the major hold up before.
Old 1st October 2013, 12:18   #822
BHPian

There is a major pothole / ditch which had opened up on the Dindoshi flyover, due to which the mid lane on the southbound arm of the Dindoshi flyover was blocked with baricades. The traffic is still stretching upto Saidham (Kandivali) on WEH. Please avoid WEH, use alternatives like SV ROad or linking road upto Goregaon.
Old 2nd October 2013, 09:28   #823
BHPian

Yes, the traffic was bad yesterday. It took me 45minutes to get to Growels from Thakur Complex flyover. Bumper to bumper.

In the evening, I spend an hour listening songs while traffic gets over my head while I am going from Oberoi mall to Inorbit.
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:53   #824
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

A part of Southbound arm of Dindoshi Fly-over has caved in & authorities have started repairs of the entire stretch.

I travelled through WEH today after 12 noon & the traffic was dead slow moving from Sai Dham Temple to Oberoi Mall. Even while I write this at 1:50 pm, traffic situation on WEH remains the same.

Drivers, especially those going to Airport from Western suburbs via WEH kindly take a note of this situation & leave early.

Mumbai Traffic-untitled.jpg

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 14:18   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello All,

A part of Southbound arm of Dindoshi Fly-over has caved in & authorities have started repairs of the entire stretch.

I travelled through WEH today after 12 noon & the traffic was dead slow moving from Sai Dham Temple to Oberoi Mall. Even while I write this at 1:50 pm, traffic situation on WEH remains the same.
The jam monster on this stretch refuses to die

There was a faint hope that situation would get better post monsoon. Nothing doing, we are condemned to this pain forever.

I doubt the original construction of Dhndhoshi flyover. Why should a part cave in without any apparent reason?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks