Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2013, 19:20   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Some heartening news for the Ghodbunder Road, Thane users. 3 more flyovers planned on the busiest road in Thane along with 5 FOB's planned at strategic points. Cant understand why they announce projects before the existing one (Majiwade) is yet to see the light.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/23752049.cms
Old 10th October 2013, 09:59   #842
BHPian

Today Western Express Highway was a breeze from Mahindra Flyover to Alt Monte Malad. Took me exactly 5 mins to cover the distance which took at least 30 mins a day before. This, despite no visible improvement on Dhindhoshi Flyover
Did I miss something?
Old 10th October 2013, 10:07   #843
BHPian

The traffic pileup has moved north. The Kashimira junction is completely jammed up due to the trucks waiting for octroi. Took an hour to cover 1Km. The trucks waiting in line for octroi have jammed up 2 out of 3 lanes and is the reason for a huge pileup.
carzone is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 11:08   #844
Senior - BHPian

My office colleague who dropped in few minutes back confirmed a traffic jam at Powai Plaza near Hiranandani garden turn on Adi Shankaracharya marg (JVLR) due to the garbage truck accident. Is it still the case?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3262856
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 11:36   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
My office colleague who dropped in few minutes back confirmed a traffic jam at Powai Plaza near Hiranandani garden turn on Adi Shankaracharya marg (JVLR) due to the garbage truck accident. Is it still the case?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3262856
the traffic build up was till the start of JVLR at EEH, when I reached this place at around 9. It took almost an hour to reach Saffron Spice from the start of JVLR.

I saw policemen and others cleaning the road opp Saffron Spice.
Old 14th October 2013, 10:39   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Some heartening news for the Ghodbunder Road, Thane users. 3 more flyovers planned on the busiest road in Thane along with 5 FOB's planned at strategic points. Cant understand why they announce projects before the existing one (Majiwade) is yet to see the light.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/23752049.cms
Better infrastructure is always welcome. I dread the time for getting these ready. I have been seeing Majiwada flyover construction for over 4 years now and it seems to be a year away from completion
Old 15th October 2013, 08:28   #847
Senior - BHPian

There's a truck stranded on the JVLR right after the Kanjurmarg flyover towards Powai on the slope. The truck broke down and has blocked two lanes. Expect traffic to build up. Those coming towards Powai, take the Bus lanes coming from Kanjurmarg Gandhi Nagar circle.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 09:24   #848
Senior - BHPian

What a breeze today to drive to work, relatively free roads (no traffic due to holiday). Was in 5th Gear from Mulund toll till IIT Powai, luckily all signals were turning green when I approached. Wish it was the case everyday.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 09:32   #849
BHPian

Quote:
What a breeze today to drive to work, relatively free roads (no traffic due to holiday). Was in 5th Gear from Mulund toll till IIT Powai, luckily all signals were turning green when I approached. Wish it was the case everyday.
gave words to my thoughts! Took me 30 minutes for 1.5 hours commute on W E Highway. Feeling so elated
Gotham_City is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 21:12   #850
BHPian

Good news for those taking Godhbundar Road, Kapurbawdi to Manpada section of flyover to open on 15 Nov. Source - Mumbai Newsline - 22 Oct 2013

Mumbai Traffic-image2648091961.jpg
sa_kiran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 09:37   #851
BHPian

To ease congestion, heavy vehicles banned during peak hours - http://www.indianexpress.com/news/to...hours/1186049/
Old 23rd October 2013, 09:47   #852
BHPian

Wohoo! FInally Dhindhoshi flyover had been repaired and thrown fully open (all the lanes). Took me 10 minutes to reach the wrong (now right) end of flyover from Kandivali. The same distances used to take up to 45 mins earlier.

However, just a sobering thought. It took authorities exactly 23 days to repair a large pothole on flyover.

And here China built a 30 storey hotel in 15 days

Gotham_City is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 10:03   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Good news for those taking Godhbundar Road, Kapurbawdi to Manpada section of flyover to open on 15 Nov. Source - Mumbai Newsline - 22 Oct 2013
Long time pending, it will definitely ease the traffic in that area. I hope they will put up suitable signs at the flyover and before that too so that there is no confusion after getting on the flyover.
Old 23rd October 2013, 17:48   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
However, just a sobering thought. It took authorities exactly 23 days to repair a large pothole on flyover.
Hello,

Yes that is indeed a sobering thought. Authorities really took long time to repair just a small stretch on the busy fly-over.

But what is even more sobering that authorities are planning to undertake structural audit of the Dindoshi fly-over. If found unsafe, there will be further repairs & sections blocked for traffic. If this actually happens, it will be a nightmare for people travelling through Western Express Highway.

What you said is indeed right, India needs to take some lessons from China, which now boasts of 97,355 KMS expressways of which 12,400 KMS are build in last one year. (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expressways_of_China). Add to this antoerh thoudands of KMS of National Highways. (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_National_Highways)

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 12:55   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

Yes that is indeed a sobering thought. Authorities really took long time to repair just a small stretch on the busy fly-over.
Just as the authorities are planning elevated railway tracks on the Western Railway from Churchgate to Virar, i guess it is time to have a similar elevated road right from Miraroad or Vasai to Bandra or thereabouts on the WEH. The situation is worsening day by day. Will our establishment ever wake up in time ?

Last edited by GTO : 26th October 2013 at 16:34. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Most Viewed