Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2014, 07:56   #946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
To travellers on the WEH, any idea what they have done to the SaiDham flyover in Kandivali? The road surface became strange overnight. Riding a 2 wheeler there seems dangerous and cars slow down to cross that stretch building up traffic.
They are repaving the flyover.
Hence the irregular surface
Old 13th January 2014, 08:46   #947
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

The repaving of the Mulund Toll flyover i.e going towards Thane side is being repaved for ages. The road has become so glossy that it hurts your eyes. It doesnt feel the regular tar road, something different. Only monsoons will tell whether the road will hold good. Dont understand as to why the repaving is done in SIP/EMI's.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 12:37   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The repaving of the Mulund Toll flyover i.e going towards Thane side is being repaved for ages. The road has become so glossy that it hurts your eyes. It doesnt feel the regular tar road, something different. Only monsoons will tell whether the road will hold good. Dont understand as to why the repaving is done in SIP/EMI's.
That contractor is really redefining slow motion ! They started resurfacing a few strip patches here and there on the flyover. So much so that driving over the flyover has become one boat ride over waves....... Up and down and up and down......over their stone-embedded patches. It's so frustrating. Over and above that , they block one lane with their machines and material . It's scary when vehicles from the last lane swerve to the right to avoid the blocked lane. Last year they did a few patches on the south-bound lanes and left it half way. Is the BMC experimenting with some new technology ? Have seen stones embedded in the shiny tar which is causing glares on the windshield.
Kya hoga yeh desh ka !
andy69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 12:43   #949
BHPian

Fresh Crater Alert !!! Guys please be careful while driving south towards Sion at Priyadarshini Circle. This morning I almost sank into a crater formed due to dislodgement of paver blocks right at the circle. That is causing vehicles to abruptly change lanes to avoid diving into it . BMC......wake up !

Last edited by andy69 : 15th January 2014 at 12:45.
Old 15th January 2014, 12:44   #950
BHPian

Expect lot more such activities being done. After all elections are coming soon. Roads will get fixed, street lights will work, dividers will get painted, plants will be planted etc. How strange the way our system works impeccably towards election time.
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 12:51   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
How strange the way our system works impeccably towards election time.
It's performance appraisal time coming up for our politicians !! How I wish elections were held every year online ! We'd have the power to dump non-performers and retain those who actually work (if any!)
Old 15th January 2014, 22:17   #952
BHPian

Hi everybody
A great remark,some 20 years back, by R.K.Laxman(IMO the greatest Indian cartoonist)
" 40 years back I came on a visit to Bombay and the roads were dug up. 40 years later I am still here and the roads are still dug up"
faustus77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 22:30   #953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Till we have elections coming in monsoons, I doubt if you will find roads holding up during monsoons anywhere.

I nowadays drive from under the flyover to avoid the craters and the subsequent jams at the toll booths. Not that I drive there frequently.
Old 20th January 2014, 08:29   #954
Senior - BHPian

BHPians travelling from Mumbai to Thane on Eastern express highway, please take a note that the Mulund flyover (Thane going side) is closed for repairs and you will have to approach the toll from below the flyover. I was told that this is the case since Saturday. The Mumbai side flyover is open but may soon see repairs as the road on the flyover is the right candidate for the repairs.
Old 21st January 2014, 09:53   #955
Senior - BHPian

People travelling from Western suburbs to Eastern express highway using the JVLR route, please tread with care. There has been an accident right after IIT market signal going towards Kanjurmarg flyover, a truck has crashed into the road divider and occupied two lanes making the traffic use only one lane. The road going to Kanjurmarg signal below the flyover is available for use. I hope they clear the lanes although no tow vehicle was in sight being early morning.
Old 21st January 2014, 11:58   #956
PPS
Senior - BHPian

There is a massive jam today from Worli seaface all the way upto Haji Ali & beyond. Finally managed to reach office after 3hr ordeal which started from Marve.
Old 21st January 2014, 16:59   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
There is a massive jam today from Worli seaface all the way upto Haji Ali & beyond. Finally managed to reach office after 3hr ordeal which started from Marve.
I Completely fail to understand what it is with Mumbai, Rains and Traffic jams. No more than a dog pisses on the road and there are snarling traffic jams all across the city. Is it that the average Mumbai driver fears the rains and drives slowly? I can understand the fear of slipping in slush, but today morning with that light drizzle was a ghastly experience for the traffic! May sound like a rant, but I am really puzzled!
Old 22nd January 2014, 09:04   #958
BHPian

Maybe it's because more people travel by car when it rains instead of taking public transport. I am one of the culprits here.
Old 23rd January 2014, 10:35   #959
BHPian

The ongoing construction of new cement road around Mankhurd is causing traffic jams in peak hours, with the line extending till Vashi octroi post. Don't know why this road is being built.

Mumbai Traffic-dsc_1713.jpg

Good news is that the new flyover to bypass the right turn for Ghatkopar for people going towards Mumbai is now open. Bad news, to enter onto the flyover there is a single narrow gap which causes a huge bottleneck.
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:21   #960
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
The ongoing construction of new cement road around Mankhurd is causing traffic jams in peak hours, with the line extending till Vashi octroi post. Don't know why this road is being built.
Its because of the Sion Panvel expressway. They are making a 10 lane concrete road from near BARC in Chembur till the expressway.

Most Viewed