Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:58   #1051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I would suggest the E-way, Thane Belapur Road, Airoli, Thane, Ghodbunder Road, Borivali E route. Dont know if this would mean extra kms, but surely you wont be stuck in any traffic anywhere.
This will be through the heavy industrial belt and truck traffic would be high. One would have to go through Thane and then the Ghodbunder road. I'm not at all familiar with this so I will stick to Mankhurd, EEH JVLR WEH Borivali. I know traffic would be heavy but no choice. I believe the JVLR has been completed recently and links the two expressways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
@goandude, I am guessing you will be going around IC colony. Then take the route suggested by Gholdhur, with a small detour.
After paying the Dahisar toll, don't take the flyover immediately after it, take the right below it and follow the inside road, turn right at the next signal ( <750 mts from below the flyover) and this will lead to the dahisar railway overbridge onto link road and shanti nagar.
I Have to go to Ashokvan which is in Borivali East but actually more in Dahisar
Old 22nd May 2014, 14:13   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
This will be through the heavy industrial belt and truck traffic would be high
Depends on what time you pass by on the TB road. Generally the evenings are packed coming from Pune but mornings and afternoons are relatively traffic free.
Quote:
One would have to go through Thane and then the Ghodbunder road. I'm not at all familiar with this
Thera are always some unfamiliar territories to be explored mate.
Quote:
I Have to go to Ashokvan which is in Borivali East but actually more in Dahisar
More so the reason to use Ghodbunder Road. Once you reach Fountain hotel in next 5 mins you are in Dahisar East instantly. Reach upto Gokul Hotel and you reached Ashovan.
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:02   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Depends on what time you pass by on the TB road. Generally the evenings are packed coming from Pune but mornings and afternoons are relatively traffic free.

Thera are always some unfamiliar territories to be explored mate.

More so the reason to use Ghodbunder Road. Once you reach Fountain hotel in next 5 mins you are in Dahisar East instantly. Reach upto Gokul Hotel and you reached Ashovan.
OK Google shows me to go straight at Turbhe (Left here takes you to Chembur) on to Kopar Khairane, Airoli, Thane, kapurbawdi, then onto Ghodbunder road.

Am I right? How are the roads? 4 lane or what?

Another alternative is the Airoli Mulund bridge followed by EEW JVLR WEW
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:09   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am I right? How are the roads? 4 lane or what?
Roads till Borivali on the route mentioned are good and 4 laned concretized except for a small patch between Nerul and start of Thane Belapur Road where the concretization is in progress (may have been completed too by now). I am not aware of the Panvel flyover status, that may be one jamming point.

The idea is not to hit the WEH because of traffic snarls and the blocked Dindoshi flyover which will increase your travelling time.

Tip: On course to Borivali after entering Thane ensure that you keep left on the Majiwada flyover to touch Ghodbunder Road. There are no signs presently on the flyover for the directions.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 09:07   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another alternative is the Airoli Mulund bridge followed by EEW JVLR WEW
Stick to Thane - Ghodbunder route. The road is common till Airoli junction. And from then on you will reach Borivali much faster and easier via Thane - Ghodbunder route.
Old 25th May 2014, 06:19   #1056
BANNED

I am planning to drive to Colaba today (Sunday). Is there any paid parking I can use at Colaba. If there is nothing in Colaba, then where else. I will be using the Eastern Freeway to get to Colaba - so after I exit from the end of Eastern Freeway at Masjid & drive to Colaba, so is there any place I can park and take a cab to Colaba.
Old 25th May 2014, 09:13   #1057
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Is there any paid parking I can use at Colaba. If there is nothing in Colaba, then where else.

There is plenty of parking in Colaba, depending on where in Colaba you want to get to. Heading South you have:

1. Pay and park in the Regal Cinema roundabout
2. Pay and park in the lane next to Cafe Mondegar behind Regal
3. Free and paid parking along Colaba Causeway after Electric House
4. Pay and Park near Radio Club
5. Free parking in the lane next to Colaba fire brigade etc.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 09:50   #1058
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
There is plenty of parking in Colaba, depending on where in Colaba you want to get to. Heading South you have:

1. Pay and park in the Regal Cinema roundabout
2. Pay and park in the lane next to Cafe Mondegar behind Regal
3. Free and paid parking along Colaba Causeway after Electric House
4. Pay and Park near Radio Club
5. Free parking in the lane next to Colaba fire brigade etc.
Thank you. I am going near Reebok Grand Bazaar on Shahid Bhagat Singh road. Which of these would be nearest? I think it would be #3, right? However, since it's free, it may get full soon - what else would be the nearest paid?
Old 25th May 2014, 10:04   #1059
Distinguished - BHPian

Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Thank you. I am going near Reebok Grand Bazaar on Shahid Bhagat Singh road. Which of these would be nearest? I think it would be #3, right? However, since it's free, it may get full soon - what else would be the nearest paid?

Grand Bazaar is within a 5 minute walk from both the Regal circle pay and park, and the Mondegar lane pay and park. Better to stop there. There is also parking at times in the Holy Name Cathedral lane which is right opposite Grand Bazaar but you need to approach that lane through Wodehouse Road.

Last edited by Hayek : 25th May 2014 at 10:05.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 17:07   #1060
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Grand Bazaar is within a 5 minute walk from both the Regal circle pay and park, and the Mondegar lane pay and park. Better to stop there. There is also parking at times in the Holy Name Cathedral lane which is right opposite Grand Bazaar but you need to approach that lane through Wodehouse Road.
Thanks man, Parked at Regal Circle. Was very convenient.
Old 26th May 2014, 08:42   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Some heartening news for the Thaneites as well as the others who use the flyovers in Thane regularly. The Kapubawdi flyover is expected to be fully functional by end of June month. Although looks very ambitious target when 40% of the works is yet to be completed esp on the flyover section from Ghodbunder Road to Mumbai near Golden Dyes junction but hopefully they do achieve the dates coz this will be an incentive for the forthcoming State elections.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/35569653.cms
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 10:36   #1062
BANNED

Does the Eastern Expressway have an exit at Wadala. I have to go to Rectifier house, Wadala in the morning - is it a good idea to take the Eastern Expressway from Chembur and exit at Wadala?
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:52   #1063
BHPian

Eastern Expressway has an exit towards Wadala on the left after the big signal near Priyadarshani. This road goes along IMAX Wadala - Barkat Ali - Wadala bridge. After Wadala bridge one can go either towards wadala station area or five gardens (parsi colony). I am not sure where is Rectifier house.

Mumbai-Pune Route Update
---------------------------
Drive down to Pune today. There is unplanned construction work happening near CIDCO building (also RBI building, just near the Uran Road junction) between Kharghar and Vashi stretch. There is stretch of about a km or so which is absolutely narrow and is a big bottleneck at the moment. Its better to get on to the service road before the Uran Road signal and then go till the signal.
Old 2nd June 2014, 23:25   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelchak View Post
Its better to get on to the service road before the Uran Road signal and then go till the signal.
Unfortunately that service road gets choked everyday now. Uran phata flyover and kamothe flyover have become a nightmare to cross.
Old 3rd June 2014, 08:50   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Unfortunately that service road gets choked everyday now. Uran phata flyover and kamothe flyover have become a nightmare to cross.
+1 to that. The situation gets worse in the evenings as experienced sitting in a Volvo which took the service road. Above that there were lot of opposite travelling vehicles too in the service lane adding to the chaos. Took almost 20-25 mins to cross a stretch of 500mtrs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks