Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2016, 21:09   #1456
BHPian

Worli Seaface was packed as well today. The lethal combination of families out to catch the breeze, plus waterlogging did the road in. 1 hour from Malabar Hill to Bandra of which 45 minutes were spent in Worli.
Old 27th June 2016, 16:22   #1457
BHPian

Malad subway jam packed bothsides east and west. Pls avoid and take goregaon or kandivali flyovers please. Thank you.
Old 27th June 2016, 19:23   #1458
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

The junction where BKC joins the SCLR, the road has already given in to the 3/4 days rain that we have had. Massive potholes ! Took me 45 mins today just to cross that junction due to the traffic.
Old 27th June 2016, 20:09   #1459
BHPian

Link road also has heavy traffic. Off topic, use this useful nifty feature from google maps to plan your routes. I use it regularly and it seems to help pick the best route home
Mumbai Traffic-imageuploadedbyteambhp1467038319.339704.jpg
GranvilleDsouza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 10:58   #1460
BHPian

NH-8 was fully blocked yesterday evening. My brother was returning from Bhiwandi via Ghodbunder and was stuck at Ghodbunder from 6.30-8.30 at the same spot. Traffic both north as well as south bound came to a halt. In 2 hours he moved just 1 km from the bridge to Kinara Dhaba. He reached Vasai at 10.00pm.

Today will be similar too I feel.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 18:05   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
NH-8 was fully blocked yesterday evening. My brother was returning from Bhiwandi via Ghodbunder and was stuck at Ghodbunder from 6.30-8.30 at the same spot. Traffic both north as well as south bound came to a halt. In 2 hours he moved just 1 km from the bridge to Kinara Dhaba. He reached Vasai at 10.00pm.

Today will be similar too I feel.
I avoid using NH 8 on saturday and sunday. This traffic happens on every weekend if you happen to cross the vasai creek bridge at Fountain hotel after 1 am. The traffic reminds me of the horrible traffic when the bridge was under going repairs couple of years back. I hope the government wakes up from slumber and start the construction of one more bridge over the creek.
Old 6th July 2016, 20:26   #1462
BHPian

Traffic around King's circle is always bad during the monsoon's but especially bad this year. Took me 3 hours to drive from Matunga to Thane yesterday. Serves me right for working overtime in Matunga
Old 6th July 2016, 22:51   #1463
Senior - BHPian

Please avoid the LBS marg as much as possible, From Taximan signal till the market city hardly 2.5 kms of stretch can eat up your 1hour easily this is during the evening time and all this is caused due to potholes at several places.
Old 6th July 2016, 23:52   #1464
BHPian

What potholes? The BMC says there are none. And the Western Express highway has also given way and shall henceforth be referred to as the Western Stone and Gravel Mess. How does this blatant corruption not drive more people insane.
Old 7th July 2016, 00:15   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
What potholes? The BMC says there are none. And the Western Express highway has also given way and shall henceforth be referred to as the Western Stone and Gravel Mess. How does this blatant corruption not drive more people insane.
Actually yeah, Some of them are not potholes, They are HUGE portion of the road gone missing completely, The cars actually need to come to a complete stop and go through it very slowly creating a huge backlog of traffic.
Old 7th July 2016, 01:29   #1466
BHPian

The BKC - SCLR junction is another nightmare. Its taking me good 2.5 hours to get from BKC to Thane. Massive potholes and traffic pile up everyday ! Absolute detest going to work these days.
Old 7th July 2016, 17:59   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Actually yeah, Some of them are not potholes, They are HUGE portion of the road gone missing completely, The cars actually need to come to a complete stop and go through it very slowly creating a huge backlog of traffic.
Similar situation on JVLR about 500 meters from the EEH turn-off. There is a huge crater in the middle lane. Please be careful.It's very deep, and we may end up damaging the vehicle's underbody or suspension.
Old 20th July 2016, 11:45   #1468
BHPian

Those intending to drive on the Sion-Chembur-CBD route take care at these spots: large pothole bang in the middle of the curved flyover into Chembur; curved flyover at Turbhe going towards Juinagar is literally a lunar surface, especially at its base. Also, at the beginning of the Shirawane flyover (take Palm Beach road instead of this highway). On your way back too, take the Palm Beach road and watch out for a sudden huge bad patch in the fast, right lane just before the Vashi gaon signal. Also, the rightmost lane approaching the Vashi toll naka towards Mumbai. It has meandering tyre grooves, obviously made by a truck or similar vehicle before the concrete had set and if you hit the brakes here your car will go anywhere but straight ahead.
Drive safe.
FarPatel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 12:25   #1469
mxh
BHPian

Keep a watch for things jutting out from the median along the western express highway, and gravel around them. I had a close call today with one of those, had to swerve left at around 70 to avoid the obstruction jutting out from the median into the right most lane. Could feel the ABS kick in while braking but the car seemed to be on the verge of a skid since there was gravel scattered around. Wasn't too impressed with my upgraded Michelin XM2 tyres which I fitted for precisely situations like this.
Old 22nd July 2016, 13:20   #1470
BHPian

Just experienced 3 morons riding Dukes (most probably) and racing well above 100 kmph on the WEH between Aarey and JVLR flyovers. Just plain mad stuff with cars all around and these guys going boom at above 100 kmph between cars and criss crossing cars. As usual none of the 3 were wearing helmets.

Regards
Dieseltuned

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks