Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2013, 20:58   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
I sometimes wonder, is it only the sheer no. of increased cars on the road or something else? For eg: Nothing has changed at the right turn at kanjur marg in terms of infrastructure, but the traffic snarls keep getting longer with the day.
I would disagree on the Kanjur right turn...there has been major improvement since the Gandhi Nagar bridge was thrown open. I have hardly encountered any jams both ways and at various times of the day. Mostly I have driven through that stretch at evening peak times and it's been smooth for me.
Old 11th April 2013, 22:15   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I would disagree on the Kanjur right turn...there has been major improvement since the Gandhi Nagar bridge was thrown open. I have hardly encountered any jams both ways and at various times of the day. Mostly I have driven through that stretch at evening peak times and it's been smooth for me.
I was talking about the right turn coming from thane towards Powai (JVLR).
If you do not find any jam on that stretch in morning then I would love to follow your car everyday
Old 11th April 2013, 22:30   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
I was talking about the right turn coming from thane towards Powai (JVLR).
Yep the EEH - JVLR junction at Kanjur.

Quote:
If you do not find any jam on that stretch in morning then I would love to follow your car everyday
Catch me if you can
Old 12th April 2013, 09:41   #394
BHPian

How is the traffic situation in Thane/Ghodbundar rd. in the morning (around 8-9 am) going towards NH8?
Old 12th April 2013, 10:41   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
How is the traffic situation in Thane/Ghodbundar rd. in the morning (around 8-9 am) going towards NH8?
Hello Kapesh,

Godhbundar Road is fairly traffic free in mornings. Please refer the green lights on the maps below:

Mumbai Traffic-temp.jpg

Source: Google Maps Traffic History. (www.google.com/maps)

You can refer the below T-BHP thread for getting live / historic traffic information for major cities in India:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ogle-maps.html

Thanks,
Old 12th April 2013, 18:58   #396
BHPian

Guys beware of traffic,if any, while using JVLR. There was accident there. Dumpers rams into 16 vehicles.

Source - http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/18217...ls-2-injures-6
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 19:06   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Guys beware of traffic,if any, while using JVLR. There was accident there. Dumpers rams into 16 vehicles.

Source - http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/18217...ls-2-injures-6
Just crossed the stretch at around 17:00 hours this evening. The road is clear and traffic is normal. No need to worry. The accident debris has been cleared.
Old 17th April 2013, 07:51   #398
BHPian

Mumbai needs more buses than cars - http://www.moneylife.in/article/here...s%20Exclusives
Old 17th April 2013, 11:23   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
The aarey flyover on WEH was redone recently 1. They have painted the white marker lines only on the sides of the road.2. no lane markings on the new surface
Hello Dieseltuned,

Hope you are passing through the WEH from Kandivali to Goregoan regularly & have noticed that the road relaying work is almost complete.

The road is much better than what it was earlier & the authorities have started putting lane markings on Aarey Fly-over. Though work of lane marking is happening slower than expected.

What needs to be seen now is how long this re-laid road stays in good shape. Based on my experience, potholes will start emerging by July / August when monsoon is in full fury.

Thanks,
Old 18th April 2013, 20:14   #400
BHPian

Hi Jignesh,
Yes lets just hope that it survives the monsoon. meanwhile these layering has increased the height of the road and subsequently reduced the height of the dividers between the 2 carriage ways. so, it has now become even more easier for the fools who jump dividers.
Old 19th April 2013, 08:15   #401
Senior - BHPian

Motorists approaching the Mulund East flyover just before the toll either from Thane or Mulund beware as the layering of the road on the flyover is irregular and have caused many vehicles to brake hard to avoid the sudden hits. Dont know why the road is done that way but at many places the irregular layers are big enough to cause a huge thud when going over them at even 50 kmph speeds.
Old 22nd April 2013, 14:45   #402
BHPian

With due respect to all motorists, we very often fail to observe the basic traffic rules. Many of the motorists will drive with their headlights full on at high beam and blind the oncoming car driver.
We all want to be first off the block to avoid traffic and thereby halt our cars on the zebra crossing. We forget that we motorists outside our cars are pedestrians also.
Let us all agree to comply with the traffic rules and laws instead of trying to bribe our way out.
We overload trucks trying to save fuel by ferrying more goods and end up wasting more fuel and money for repairs to the truck and road on account of breakdown.
At the same time call upon the traffic regulators to mark all zebra crossings on the road and at the same time put the required sign on the road alerting motorists about the zebra crossing to prevent accidents taking place.
Let us all become sensible motorists and save fuel, money and time.
ashwin_m0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 09:16   #403
BHPian

There is truck stalled at IIT going towards jogeshwari and the whole road is in a mess right from eastern express highway so kindly avoid the road if possible and take kailash complex road to powai.
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:35   #404
PPS
Senior - BHPian

There was lot of traffic today evening from WEH to go towards Malad subway! Seems there is some renovation work going on & its likely to continue for a few weeks. So i took u-turn & went back on WEH towards Kandivli to take the route from Growel, there again there was a jam! There too road widening work is going on. So i'm left with no other choice but to take the Goregaon east-west flyover now.
On both occasions the Google Maps were not accurate for a change when it comes to showing traffic.
Old 23rd April 2013, 23:09   #405
BHPian

The Malad Subway will take a week's work, please avoid Malad Subway and as per PPS, Kandivali WEH to Kandivali East station is also a mess.

Expect more traffic load on the Goregoan east-west flyover now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks