Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:14   #706
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

Sakinaka juntion was choked again yesterday evening and this at around 5. There was traffic all the way from Sakinaka to Chandivali signal on Saki-Vihar road but luckily no mess. Most people stayed in their lanes thereby making life easier for each other. Exemplary!
Old 3rd August 2013, 11:33   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
While returning from office around 1.30AM I saw a huge huge pile up of trucks on Airoli bridge. It occupied almost entire stretch from Airoli till EEH.

Same situation on Thane Belapur road. Huge line of trucks till Airoli turn.

Is this a daily affair or because of some diversions?
Daily affair, since the Mumbra bypass is closed due to landslide. If you need to, go Nahur-LBS-Thane. It's much faster.
Old 3rd August 2013, 22:03   #708
BHPian

It's a pain to drive on the Western Express Highway these days. It is always jammed while going south be it any time of the day.

Today there was a huge pile up of traffic right from Kandivali to the Oberoi mall flyover because just before the beginning of the flyover there is a very huge crater and everyone was passing through it at crawling speeds (understandably).
After that the traffic eased up and then again a jam right from the Andheri flyover to Santacruz (where repairing work is going on since some time).

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 3rd August 2013 at 22:05.
Old 5th August 2013, 10:28   #709
BHPian

Agreed that Mumbra bypass road has collapsed and trucks have to use Thane city to exit and enter Mumbai. But, why can't they be kept out during day time? This practice had been in place till the time of this Mumbra road collapse.

We have to deal with these slow moving trucks, as though buses, rickshaws and two-wheelers were lesser of nuisance.
Old 6th August 2013, 10:12   #710
Senior - BHPian

Whats wrong with WE Highway. I am stuck in traffic outside hub mall going to Powai from Goregaon.

Nothing express or even close to a highway about WE Highway.
Old 6th August 2013, 12:26   #711
BHPian

the Dindoshi Signal below the flyover was jam at approx 10:45 AM. This led to a pile up till Kandivali.
Old 7th August 2013, 09:29   #712
Senior - BHPian

The Majiwade area in Thane was in total chaos today. The traffic going towards Majiwade from Kapurbavdi circle was closed and diverted for a complete round about. This means all heavy vehicles have to go left from Kapurbavdi circle towards Kasheli/Bhiwandi road, take a u turn at the Balkum fire station and join back passing along the Big Bazaar to reach Majiwade. Smaller vehicle as of now can pass through directly though. I guess this is being done to start the flyover connections at Kapurbavdi circle. Motorists coming from Ghodbunder Road please take care. Its going to be difficult time for commuters considering that this change has come at the wrong time of an extended weekend.

Just when I was feeling that the Mumbra bypass issue was a thing of the past, today morning was stuck at octroi & Mulund toll. Surprised to see such a heavy flow of tanker trailers occupying the entire roads.
Old 7th August 2013, 12:03   #713
BHPian

On a Positive note,

WEH was zooming today. Reached Borivali - to - Powai in 35 minutes flat. An achievement of sorts in the recent times.
Old 7th August 2013, 12:56   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
On a Positive note. WEH was zooming today. Reached Borivali - to - Powai in 35 minutes flat. An achievement of sorts in the recent times.
Hello Dieseltuned,

Yes. Lack of traffic on WEH today was definitely a record. I was surprised to see fast moving traffic today morning at 9:30 am. I literally cruised on my bike in 5 gear from Times of India fly-over to exit for JVLR.

This is probably due to extended weekend this week (public holiday on Friday). Also with Independence day holiday next on Thursday, let us hope that traffic situation on WEH & JVLR will be better for next 7 - 8 days.

Thanks,
Old 7th August 2013, 13:08   #715
Senior - BHPian

I left at 9.45AM from Inorbit and reached till JVLR easily. WE was free today. However JVLR had traffic but it was slow moving and not a total jam.
Old 7th August 2013, 13:21   #716
BHPian

Its a free-for-all in the morning (read early mornings around 8ish) at Sakinaka junction every week day. The signals are active but no cops around mean BEST buses, autos, private vehicles, motorbikes, taxis, practically everyone makes merry at the cost of few people who oblige the traffic rules! Its a scary sight and I fear accidents are waiting to happen if this situation is not nipped in the bug with urgency! And all this for waiting for a minute or two at the red light!!
Poor souls like us who wait at the red lights are constantly being honked upon by errant drivers behind us. If we don't move, they try to cut through too close to our vehicles for comfort! Not sure how best to handle the situation. I have been tempted to just go along with the flow of the vehicular traffic but have resisted so far!
Old 7th August 2013, 13:36   #717
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
WEH was zooming today.
End of Andheri flyover to Kherwadi took me only 7mins today which is a record of sorts in recent times! I guess its due to the holiday coming up, there is ample parking space in my office parking today also.
Old 7th August 2013, 13:43   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Poor souls like us who wait at the red lights are constantly being honked upon by errant drivers behind us. If we don't move, they try to cut through too close to our vehicles for comfort! Not sure how best to handle the situation. I have been tempted to just go along with the flow of the vehicular traffic but have resisted so far!
I go through this situation every day at the Godrej signal at Vikhroli on EE highway while travelling from Thane to Worli. It is wise to go with the flow, especially with empty dumpers going at full speed occupying whichever lane they wish . I generally slowdown and come to a halt when there is no one behind, else just keep going in the interest of our own safety.
Maverick5490 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 14:07   #719
BHPian

Hi All,

Just wanted to highlight, how impatient Mumbai is becoming!

Today while waiting at the Green fields signal on JVLR for the Red lights, I suddenly hear a banging on my rear seat window glass. On looking back, what I find is a man wearing a G.D.Goenka school ID card banging my glass. He wanted me to break the red light and move ahead, so that he could take the right/U turn. I stood firm and did not break the red light.

Shocking thing is, this guy was in charge of a school bus. I dare not think what all these poor kids will be going through while commuting to school, with this kind of people handling their buses.

I shudder to think, how our kids safety is compromised with these people!
Old 7th August 2013, 14:58   #720
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you report this to the school authorities. There is anyways so much ruckus going on w.r.t. the school bus norms etc.

OT - Joke going on in my office that there are so many water filled potholes in Mumbai that any puncture wala can set shop there and use the pothole to check for leaks from the tube
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks