Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2013, 08:19   #736
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic

No I don't think so. It's a shortcut to reach Powai via Vikhroli. There is lot of traffic also.
Old 8th August 2013, 08:24   #737
Senior - BHPian

The tanker-trailers convoy have started again visiting Thane roads in the mornings, I thought they had been taken care of. Dont understand how they are allowed to enter city premises inspite of the timing restrictions. Travelling from Majiwade till EEhighway is nothing short of stress, will need Sri Sri Ravi Shankar in the passenger seat if I need to keep my BP in check.
Old 8th August 2013, 09:40   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
The roads in Kailash (Powai) are private, belong to Hiranandani. Correct me, if I'm wrong.
Not Hiranandani - there is a temple trust that owns the land from Powai end (the gates) till the end of slope (where the commercial buildings are)
Old 8th August 2013, 10:27   #739
Senior - BHPian

Traffic is slow moving from WEH from below the flyover on the way to Jvlr and continuing the same way on jvlr as well.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 10:34   #740
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Traffic is slow moving from WEH from below the flyover on the way to Jvlr and continuing the same way on jvlr as well.
Hey, come on man! That's the default situation. It would be a news on India TV if traffic in that section is flowing smoothly.
Old 8th August 2013, 10:52   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Hey, come on man! That's the default situation. It would be a news on India TV if traffic in that section is flowing smoothly.
Hahaha I know that. Was sitting in the rick so thought of updating. Might help someone, who knows.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 12:30   #742
BHPian

Spotted a Lamborghini on JVLR today around 11:30 AM.

Had also spotted a Red Mini Cooper S below the JVLR flyover on WEH last week. looks like JVLR is a good place to spot super cars apart from the usual Mercs and Beamers.

Last edited by Dieseltuned : 12th August 2013 at 12:38. Reason: Added another spotting
Dieseltuned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 22:21   #743
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Today took me 42mins from Churchgate to Malad via Western Railway! The best way to beat Mumbai Traffic!

Past couple of days there has been heavy traffic in & around Tardeo-Nana Chowk area.
Old 13th August 2013, 22:42   #744
BHPian

Came across this in DNA newspaper from a few days ago.
I am personally very much in favour of slapping the people responsible for our bad roads.
Can we participate?

Mumbai Traffic-20130813_223820.jpg
EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 23:09   #745
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Came across this in DNA newspaper from a few days ago.
I am personally very much in favour of slapping the people responsible for our bad roads.
Can we participate?
Filthbag Bangalore Politicos and Corporators require exactly this treatment.
I wish there were a place where one could meet them and slipper the creeps.

It is a lovely city but has been completely, unutterably ruined by the greed, corruption and short sightedness of its political rabble and local yokels who pass for corporators and public service agents. We pay the highest taxes for cars, for fuel, VAT and all sorts of things and yet, get absolutely zilch back.

There is a local campaign called Hole of Shame or something like that If I remember right. But these guys are so very thick skinned that nothing short of a public flogging can make them change.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 07:29   #746
BHPian

The dna campaign seems a bit tame. The last couple of days has seen some insane traffic on Bombay roads.

Took me an hour and half from VT to elphinstone road last evening via jj flyover and the lalbaug flyover. I watched a family grow up, have kids and the kids becoming adults all the while waiting for the horrendous traffic to clear.
Old 14th August 2013, 10:02   #747
BHPian

The drain opening at the end of Gandhi Nagar flyover (towards IIT) has opened up. A few steel pieces are protruding, they will certainly damage tyres. This has been the condition for 3-4 days now and it is going from bad to worse. This is causing traffic bottleneck. Drivers beware of this spot.
sa_kiran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 10:05   #748
BHPian

The drain opening at the end of Gandhi Nagar flyover (towards IIT) has opened up. A few steel pieces are protruding, they will certainly damage tyres. This has been the condition for 3-4 days now and it is going from bad to worse. This is causing traffic bottleneck. Drivers beware of this spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The tanker-trailers convoy have started again visiting Thane roads in the mornings, I thought they had been taken care of. Dont understand how they are allowed to enter city premises inspite of the timing restrictions. Travelling from Majiwade till EEhighway is nothing short of stress, will need Sri Sri Ravi Shankar in the passenger seat if I need to keep my BP in check.
Surprisingly, trucks disappeared from roads yesterday (or very few of them were on roads). I was happy that the madness has ended. But from today, it is back to normal. The situation gets so bad in the evenings that trucks block all but one lane leading to toll booth at Thane (from Mulund side).
Old 14th August 2013, 10:19   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Is this at the extreme right lane? The entire drain section on the Gandhinagar flyover end while approaching IIT and at the start of the flyover towards EEhighway are in extreme bad shape. Slows down the traffic inadverently.

Kiran - Did you encounter the traffic jam due to the stranded bus on the ROB at Thane? There was one bus stranded on the uphill just before the IIT market signal and one of the Corolloa driver had a near escape from rear ending it. Stopped in the nick of time.
Old 14th August 2013, 10:22   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is this at the extreme right lane? The entire drain section on the Gandhinagar flyover end while approaching IIT and at the start of the flyover towards EEhighway are in extreme bad shape. Slows down the traffic inadverently.

Kiran - Did you encounter the traffic jam due to the stranded bus on the ROB at Thane? There was one bus stranded on the uphill just before the IIT market signal and one of the Corolloa driver had a near escape from rear ending it. Stopped in the nick of time.
I've always used the extreme left lane on Gandhi Nagar flyover. This is the affected lane, may be the extreme right lane is also affected

There was no bus at Thane ROB, probably it has been towed away, thankfully. IIT area was also clear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks