Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2009, 15:04   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
@Tejas - MOST

1. Starting off and then putting on my seat belt, putting on my headphones and connecting them to the phone, all this is done while driving.
Excellent one mate,I never realized that was wrong too
Can't remember ever having put on my seatbelt before taking off
Old 30th January 2009, 15:25   #152
BHPian

well driving in bangalore is quite a pain, and my biggest complaint about my driving in the city is how much i use the brakes. the reason is probably that i drive fairly quick and i do have to rely on the brakes a lot. if i just maintain a moderate speed then i would not have to brake this much and jus use the gears to cut down on the speed. this would help me significantly improve my 12kpl in my Uno Petrol.

should work towards that...
Old 30th January 2009, 16:25   #153
BHPian

Confessions

1. Hate the bike walas trying to sneak past you at red lights to get in front. It often results in ORVM damages. I always abuse them when they come very close. I have lost 3 mirrors so far and they are not even sorry! just Run!

2. Slow taxis/trucks on the flyovers and open roads driving in the right lane pisses me off. Urging me to cut lanes.

3. I have an urge to drive when I am drunk (its said when drunk you always do what you want to). I now have a solution to it, I always leave my car behind and take a cab.

4. I cant slow down at bumps and speed breakers it sucks.

5. I honk a lot. I don't see a solution to this as I am very sacred to hitting a pedestrian.

6. Sometimes I drive with very loud music with my windows up and I cannot hear any out side noise (honks etc)

7. I hate driving without both ORVMS

8. I always underestimate lady drivers (sometimes even after being proved wrong lol)

9. I often take long detours to avoid standstill traffic even if it means covering twice the distance.

Old 30th January 2009, 17:26   #154
BHPian

[quote=tazmaan;1151345]Confessions

3. I have an urge to drive when I am drunk (its said when drunk you always do what you want to). I now have a solution to it, I always leave my car behind and take a cab.

My bad there too
Same solution for me,use ricks/cabs now when I plan to drink.Good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way after drinking
Old 30th January 2009, 18:06   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
7. I hate driving without both ORVMS
This is a good habit! I do not understand the imbeciles who drive with their mirrors closed. When I honk and overtake, they look at me like I'm from another planet or something. I usually give such dudes a piece of my mind in pukka Malayalam
Old 30th January 2009, 18:20   #156
BHPian

1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling
What else is one supposed to do? Reach tomorrow

2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified
Don't do it much these days. I believe it's called maturing with age!

3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass
I do it, in spite of knowing the pointlessness of the whole exercise. Because after a couple of beeps and flashes I go straight to Point 1!

4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors Yup

5. I do overspeed withint the city just for the kicks
Sometimes. Never at intersections though.

6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times
Never. I always wear it.

7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side
Nah. I drop my lights once. If the fellow responds it's good. Else, it's back to high beams in an instant.

8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck
Exception only for good looking women and older folk. Don't mucha care for the buggers behind me honking away to glory.

9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances, I do say I am a careful driver and dont take too many risks but am reckless
Fast yes. Look in a hurry yes. Reckless no.

10.If empty ricks don't move out of the way even in the rightmost lane after my honking for long,then I overtake them from the left and pretend to swerve into them when I'm almost past.Watching their reaction in the mirror is my just reward for all these years of suffering
Absolutely love doing this
Old 30th January 2009, 18:34   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
The thread - Have people lost it? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ople-lost.html, particularly a few posts containing great advice by aaggoswami, nitin and V-16 set me thinking.

We have several threads here about what gets our goat (mod-jobs, driving customs etc.). I have found some rare nuggests of perceptive introspection from some of our members hidden away in them, but have not come across a thread inviting members to instrospect on their own failings. Perhaps, if each of us looked at ourselves and kept track of what we do on the road, we would become better drivers and persons.

Let me set the ball rolling by settting out my 5 worst habits on the road.

1. Starting off and then putting on my seat belt, putting on my headphones and connecting them to the phone, all this is done while driving. (Very often)

2. Being short tempered and losing my patience with other road users. Often honking or gesticulating to show my displeasure. (Frequently)

3. Moving back to high beam if the oncoming chappie does not dip his lights. (sometimes)

4. Not looking in my rear view mirror(s) often enough. (Rarely)

5. Putting off servicing my vehicles or attending to minor repairs. (Once the brakes on my P.Padmini failed due to this and it kinda cured this habit.)

I am sure my passengers and others who have seen me drive can add to these. If so please feel free to add.

Cheers and happy driving.
Ok will pick a few from yours and from other members to summarize mine-
1.- Same as point 2
2.- Same as point 3
3.- I honk a lot. I don't see a solution to this as I am very sacred to hitting a pedestrian
4.- I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling.
5.- Don't wear my seatbelt at times.
6.- Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors
7..- Fast but never reckless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
@ Tejas,

It is dangerous! The other guy could be momentarily blinded and could run into/over others, or even you. Just because he has a bad driving habit and is not a safe driver, does not mean that I become one too, if I do, there will be no difference between him and me!

Cheers & safe driving.
Thats my opinion as well however at times i get pissed and ignore the opinion.

Last edited by GTO : 31st January 2009 at 11:19. Reason: Absolutely no discussions on alcohol on Team-BHP.
Old 30th January 2009, 19:32   #158
BHPian

People, let us keep the beer out of the discussion. While most of us mention it as a negative (these are confessions), some of us might think its not a negative as there are people doing it (drink while driving).

Not a responsible behaviour for a BHPian.
Old 2nd February 2009, 11:55   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
People, let us keep the beer out of the discussion. While most of us mention it as a negative (these are confessions), some of us might think its not a negative as there are people doing it (drink while driving).

Not a responsible behaviour for a BHPian.
Totally agree with you, what my point is,

I have an urge to drive when I am drunk (its said when drunk you always do what you want to). I now have a solution to it, I always leave my car behind and take a cab.

To make it clear I know a lot of people who have this habit. And if they are carrying their car they usually end up driving Which is very bad, unsafe and a criminal offense. I have solved this problem for myself by not taking my car out when I know I might drink. And I suggest other people should follow it to avoid something bad.

People Please Don't Drink and Drive.
Old 9th February 2009, 01:45   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Now that I have begun driving more and have my license, here's mine:
- Short temper. I am a very sedate driver most of the times, however when someone irritates me while driving, they pay for it. Have it more or less under control.
- I love diesels! Whenever I drive a powerful diesel, I get very tempted to floor the accelerator and enjoy the push back into my seat. however, I only do that when the road is clear. I don't like to take unnecessary risks.
- Overtaking from the LHS. Again, given traffic, it isn't that easy to stay in one lane.
Old 23rd February 2009, 02:48   #161
BHPian

My confession..

I have been driving for more than 5yrs all my life. The need for speed is never enough for me which i always fear that once i get to the point of it, i won't be driving anymore. No matter how many accidents nor stories i get to see or hear, my genes or ego simply refuses to accept what is rationale, yet i fight it back with knowledge for a better future for myself and for people around me. I'm trying hard to control myself when rash motorists or drivers piss me off with thier attitude. My only prayers is that i don't end up doing something regretful before i take control of myself to be a better driver for the future as days go by...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks