Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2006, 17:24   #46
BHPian

Guilty as charged on the following counts:

1. Overtaking from the left, at times.
2. Going over 100kmph at times in 50 kmph zones - but only when the road is clear (and when i know where the speed guns are )
3. Trying to prove I have a sports-car by revving hard and overtaking everyone from all sides on empty stretches
4. Breaking a few red lights during night.
5. Scaring the wits out of a few cyclists and bikers who dare to break the signal and cross my path.
6. Teasing "ferrari"-stickered m800s and wagonr/santros by not giving them space to overtake. (NEVER do this with a qualis guy though)
7. Flashing hard on oncoming drivers who try to overtake on divider-less roads by coming to the other side.
8. Greasing the palm of traffic-police walas, instead of paying my dues as a good citizen.
Old 16th February 2006, 17:46   #47
BHPian

In car:
1. Overtakaking from left ( i see almost everyone dose that)
2. Wish to drive on a monster trust and crush all the rickshaw wala.
3. Speak on Phone
4. :o Drink and drive occasionaly but try to avoid and hand the wheels to someone responsible when i'm over my limit. (c'mon admit it we all do that no matter whats once limit)
5. Speed lane cuttings on highway (only comfertable of eastern Expressway)
6. Drive in mumbai with MP reg plate he he

In Bike.
1 Using 55/60 White lights that too on upper and flashing for those high beam oncomers.
2 Take deadly curves at nights just for kicks
well thats it for bike.

Last edited by sinner : 16th February 2006 at 17:47.
Old 16th February 2006, 17:49   #48
BHPian

Well.. I think most of my confessions will be road rage related
1. I scream at most of the people on the road. Sometimes get out of my car and pick up fights too. Tempo drivers especially Highly immature i know, but I am trying to curb these tendencies now.
2. Bully people who come on the wrong side of the road/jump signals/ cut circles. Once purposely bumped a guy on a bike who had cut a circle and then got out and threatened him.
3. Get terribly annoyed by people who horn unnecessarily, try to overtake when there is absolutely no place. Purposely slow them down after that and refuse to give them way.
4. Overtake from the left at times.
5. Overspeeding at times. But only when the roads permit.
Old 16th February 2006, 19:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

well auto's are irritating everywhere... look like they share the same genes all over the world....

to top it all chennai has cycles, cycle rickshaws, 2 wheelers squeezing in between cars sometimes scraping it too... i kno very lil tamil so all i can do is stare real hard.... or revv my engine to scare the $#!t outta them....

good thing is no matter how bad the traffic is i wait for pedestrains to cross...

and ppl jump signals like it doesnt exist (in chennai).... gotta b real careful....

if i get irritated when someone tries to squeeze from the left to overtake i veer them off the road.... overall i am a very sane and peaceful driver....
Old 16th February 2006, 20:13   #50
F50
Senior - BHPian

1.Overtake from left when there is no choice left for me and generally do that when im in hurry.

2.I get very irritated when someone honks for no reason.
I deal with them in two ways ...Let them pass and stick to their rear, one mistake from him or he lets any one overtake him ... I ll make him go crazy with my continous honks and flashs.And overtake them again, this time with a "cut"
Second, hold them back and give no possible chance to overtake.

3.My way on highway ... keep honking till the slow moving trucks move from first lane, driving at crazy speeds of 35-40 kmph.

4.Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side and still not them will stop right in front of them. (only in small lanes)

5.Overspeed on W.E Highway where the limit speed is foolish... 40 kmph.
Old 16th February 2006, 20:54   #51
Team-BHP Support

First of all, you chaps should confess to overusing smilies.
By the way, I have two confessions to make.
1. Overtaking from the left - In this case, the overtaking lane is blocked by a taxi or autorickshaw.
2. Overspeeding - Anyone game for a 40km/h speed limit?
Old 16th February 2006, 21:13   #52
BHPian

well .... sometime i do run over ppl and then back up and run over them a couple of time jus t to make sure that they r dead ... so that the law dosent catch up with me...
other that that i do
1. drive over the speed limit ( 30 yep 30 km/hr... where i live) almost always.
2. do overtake from the left but only after the guy in front dosent give way even after blasting my horns and flashing my lights ....
3. do step over the stop line some times
4.try to talk my way out if i get caught by the cops ( i know the president of india .. )

err.. thats about it i guess
Old 16th February 2006, 21:35   #53
BHPian

mine would be....
1) overtake from the left...VERY OFTEN :(
2)Do bout twice the speed limit...(er...even at places where the speed limit is bout 60 odd ks)
3)Indulge in road rage...if i'm cut off etc. by someone i chase him down and try and black him for as long as possible..(darn..i deserve to be hanged!)
4)bellow my lungs out at slow moving cabbies
5)started driving on the street at 15....

whoa! feel lighter already!

4)
Old 16th February 2006, 21:51   #54
BHPian

1. I overtake from the left a lot - I do that a lot too, but only when I know it is safe.
2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified - This really defines me too! ONLY ONCE, I did something I am still not sorry for. Some scooterist almost knocked some poor girl off the road while coming from the wrong direction. And that too at a pretty high speed. So I took the liberty and played chicken with him and ran him off the road. I'm pretty sure I was his voodoo doll for some time after that, and am sure he never tried a stunt like that again!

3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass - I usually honk once, and most of the time folks are kind enough to give me way...and vice versa. But then on the other hand, when there is not any place to move and idiots behind me keep honking, I slow down almost to a standstill...and BOY! Does that infuriate them or what!!!

4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors - As heart wrenching as it is, I usually don't encourage them unless the beggar is maimed and I know will not be able to get work anywhere!

5. I do overspeed withint the city just for the kicks - What's overspeeding?! j/k, I only do that when the streets are empty.

6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times - I always do, and make sure everyone in the car do so too... evn before this became a rule in Hyd. Mabe was instilled in me cause I stayed in Delhi for a number of years!

7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side - Never do that, even for passing. But it is pissing off when you get blinded. Thats when my road rage and my highly developed colourful vocabulary comes into play

8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck - Always am courteous, I know what it feels like when you have to cross the road and no one is willing to stop.

9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances, I do say I am a careful driver and dont take too many risks but am reckless at times - Me too.

10. Another one I would like to add. How many of us show our indicators while changing lanes? I know I do!

Godspeed.

Alok.

Last edited by Rtech : 17th February 2006 at 10:21.
Old 16th February 2006, 22:07   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
try laughing at them in a mocking way! It will piss them off no end and you will feel a lot better. Thats wot i try to do now.
Thats a great way of tackling the fools on road...
Even i tried this many a times its damn effective....
Old 16th February 2006, 22:28   #56
Senior - BHPian

Overtaking from the left is not just enough, u gotta piss these guys off by overtaking and going dead slow right in front of them..and i mean dead slow!
Old 16th February 2006, 23:08   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's mine -
1. I drive underage occasionally but not for long distances. Very short ones like from the petrol pump to my house.
2. when i get distracted while driving i make a few mistakes but that happens rarely and today was one off case when i almost banged the fiesta into an Optra.
3. I don't make any effort to stop my friends from driving rashly even when they are underage.
Old 16th February 2006, 23:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3. Smoke treatment for red light honker
Smoke screen,isn't it??
Old 17th February 2006, 08:20   #59
Senior - BHPian

Well here is mine
1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling-- ME TOO
2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified -- I have stopped this now.. its no use in bangalore
3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass--Yess this i like to do.. even after honking if i dont get my way then i squeeze in between and push the other person off... hehehe
4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors-- i dont encourage them too unless they are old
5. I do overspeed withint the city just for the kicks--AMEN
6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times--I ALWAYS WEAR SEATBELTS
7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side--My 120/100 super white halogens take care of that
8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck-- seriously will i care...
9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances, I do say I am a careful driver and dont take too many risks but am reckless at times--Not me but if anyone takes panga then he had it...

Last edited by Rtech : 17th February 2006 at 10:23.
Old 17th February 2006, 08:30   #60
BHPian

who meeee ?????

wellll lesseee nowww
i used to suffer from very very acute road rage till it was "explained" to me (by my girlfriend) that it was doing no-one any good since all my years of yelling and fighting with everyone had'nt made the (driving) world a better place and that i was just working myself up for nothing .. (and .. ahem .. also that if i did'nt stop doing it she'd whack the crap outta me) .. so i saw a strange sorta reasoning to it and now ..
i still get as mad as before but don't really .. er .. voice my feelings as exuberently .. heh heh ..
i used to be the model driver .. used the right lane only for overtaking (never to drive in) .. always overtook only from the right .. always waited in the correct lane at signals .. almost never honked except to let the other guy know i was annoyed .. but ..
i've been driving for about 18 yrs now and i drive to work everyday in Mumbai traffic so some things have changed ..
i use whichever lane i can to get ahead .. i'm a master cutter .. i honk to scare other drivers who want to cut in front of me .. i have no choice but to overtake from the left .. and er .. speed limits .. whazzat ??? .. there ain't no such thing on mumbai's lurrvely autobahns .. and if there are i always try to do twice that .. play chicken with rickshaw guys who cross over partly onto the wrong side of the road (where there's no divider) .. refuse to allow rickshaw guys who overtake from the wrong side at signals and then try to cut-in in front of u .. and of course yell at people who drive with the high beam on after blinding them with my own .. and my favourite .. u know when a guy keeps honking behing u when there's no place to go anywhere .. or at a signal when it's still red .. i just roll down my window and shout loudly "aabbeyy chupp" or "shaaaddupp" .. and the other passers by on the road invariably laugh at the poor chap .. oh yes .. and when i'm on my bike .. scare the nuts off anyone who annoys me by going close to the driver and revving hard and slipping the clutch (sounds scary with the expansion) .. almost always has the desired effect ..
well that's all i can think of for now .. otherwise i'm really a good boy .. heeeeeeeyyyyyaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha

Most Viewed