Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2006, 15:02   #91
BHPian

Well here is mine
1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling- <b> yes all the time </b>
2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - <b> once in a while, but if they hit/scratch my ride they will meet Mr.Spanner which is convinently placed under my seat </b>
3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass. <b> of course all the time </b>
4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors. <b>same here </b>
5. I do overspeed withint the city just for the kicks. <b> only if road is deserted (early morning, late night). does anybody here stick to the posted 40kmph??? </b>
6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times <b> usually wear it </b>
7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side <b> flash high beams and then try to drive into them too </b>
8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck <b> am courteous, unless the pedestrian is tryin to jump over the median which is built so that ppl dont cross it, here i stop and wave Mr. Spanner at them frantically </b>
9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances, I do say I am a careful driver and dont take too many risks but am reckless at times <b> yes but im never reckless, i'd like to describe it as taking "precise calculated risks" </b>
10. hate ppl who block free lefts, and sometimes the right turn lane too. in this case i honk em outta teh way if they still dont move/cant move, i walk up with mr. spanner and force them to go left/right too.
Old 10th March 2006, 16:09   #92
BHPian

- i cannot drive with full concentration withour side-rear-view-mirrors on both sides and one rear-view-mirror in cabin.
- i cannot reverse without those mirrors again!
- i honks a bit more than required.
- i have this bad habit of reaching 50-55kmph on red-going-green-lights asap, while checking my "reaction time". luckily, never banged in other vehicles still crossing the road!
- in nights i always feels the need to upgrade my headlamps, no matter how good illumination they are providing.
- i've this bad habit of prodding my head over the shoulders of puncture-repair-guys to check for any unchecked puncture.
- i always curses the drivers in front of me on a red-light on an incline, who cannot hold their cars from rolling back for abt 6-8 inches before moving ahead.

if these can be termed as road rage or else, then i am guilty.

Last edited by revharder : 10th March 2006 at 16:10.
Old 21st March 2006, 04:17   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfan
Dammit Ive not Even Started To Drive And Ive Learnt Soo Much
Me too. Pro's of being a TBHP member.
Old 21st March 2006, 08:32   #94
BHPian

Whoa! Seems like a lot of you'll don't like zippy bikers. I do that a lot, I zip in and between traffic and do get a few shoutings from car drivers. Seems like I would have to be on my guard after seeing as to how much pent up frustration you guys have.

Wouldn't want anyone of you to get like Mt. Vesuvius on my poor old behind.

Peace
DNR --- TCR
Old 2nd April 2006, 03:09   #95
elf
BANNED

AARRRRRRRRRggggghhhhh!

The old way...
I used to freak out & abuse absolutely everything on the road that I saw wrong...

New directions for sanity retention...
Now it's a little simpler:

a. Power the windows up;
b. Hit the aircon switch;
c. Crank up the sound, &
d. Simply drive like nobody else is on the road.

When forced to stop / swerve, I do swear creatively (all sorts of incestuous combinations come to mind), but now I do it with the windows up & a cheesed off expression on my face... it's simpler this way:
a. You don't thrash / get thrashed;
b. You don't wear out your window roller mechanism repeatedly;
c. You don't wear out your lungs trying to abuse & be heard over traffic noise;
d. You get to say what you want to say & let off steam, the recipient doesn't hear you, & all are happy.

Try it sometime...

Note from support staff: Post edited. Smilie usage is 1 per post.Please read through the Board Rules

Last edited by normally_crazy : 2nd April 2006 at 14:10.
Old 2nd April 2006, 09:31   #96
BHPian

I used to have a rule that nobody should overtake me on the Interstate. So, from 1995 to 1999 no one did! This made for some entertaining drives!!

I especially remember the time when I made a 220 mile trip in 2 hours and 20 minutes (from Hillsboro to Hillside in Illinois, USA). The guy in the Mercedes E-Class had to be taught a lesson, you see!! Maximum speed clocked that day - 135 miles/hour!!!

I miss my white 1995 Nissan Maxima

PS: My current car is a comfortable but not so entertaining black Lexus ES

Note from support staff: Post edited. Smilie usage is 1 per post.Please read through the Board Rules

Last edited by normally_crazy : 2nd April 2006 at 14:11.
Old 11th September 2006, 18:12   #97
BHPian

heres my story:
- lots of honking to make sure theres enough warning/awareness among others
- overtaking from left if the right lane guy is moving slow
- tit for tat to high beamers at night
- race mode most of the time in-city with speeding and overtaking
- driving car like a bike, zig-zag driving!
- cutting across lanes if i find others are moving slow
- sharp/precise last minute braking at most times (does wonders for the FE doesnt it )
- can't let anyone overtake me, especially the fast moviers as far as i can do something about it
- extra cautious with autorikshaws and cyclists!!
- sometimes get carried away with speeding in city with all pumped up so need to calm down, not go beyond the limits
- i have to be race ahead of everyone at each traffic light GP, coming 2nd is not an option!!
Old 11th September 2006, 19:17   #98
BHPian

Hiya,

A) Overtaking on highways has become a habit. I just have to. Its like a spped run. I'm not rash but unnecessarily fast.
B) Last time a biker touched his front wheel to my rear bumper, like 8 times in a row just for kicks, I had his happiness and deflated his tyres.. SORRY IF YOU'RE READING THIS. BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT YOU're AT Team-BHP.
C) Once and only once and never again , I had 8 shots of tequila and was behind my optra .. I saw the pavement on my left and a light thud while turning. Next morning the running board had run away..
D) I was mad at my GF and she loved pets. One day it was a stray dog, both of us and the highway.. Guess what happened .. That was the end of us. He died, she screamed and i went looking for a new GF. Now I have a pet dog.

No offence anyone,,

To sane driving, Cheers,
dMH
Old 12th September 2006, 11:45   #99
Senior - BHPian

Me..
1. Never wear seat belts in the city. Always on hignways.
2. Strict no to beggars, vendors
3. kind only to smart looking IT girls. otherwise no!
4. Paid 100 bucks once caught for not wearing seat belt.
5. Left over taking whenever possible
6. Never jump signals and cross yellow lines.
7. Speed up whenever possible
8. keep max distance from lady drivers
9. can't drive cars without left mirrors
10. Upgraded to 100w bulbs to flash..
11. Hate mortor cyle walas...they don't know what lane is...why do the manufaturers fit mirrors, indicators, brake lights etc on them??
Old 12th September 2006, 21:47   #100
BANNED

[quote=anarchist]Hi All,

I have started this thread for all the Bhpians who would like to confess on what they do wrong on road while driving their four wheelers or riding their bikes, be it breaking the rules, road rage, not being courteous to pedestrains and other smaller than thou vehicles on the road.

Well here is mine
1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling---i do the same
2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified SAME & KICK THERE ***`
3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass AGREE WITH U
4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors--HATE THERE PICE OF CLOTH CLEANING THE CAR
5. I do overspeed withint the city just for the kicks
6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times--CANT DRIVE ONLY WIT THEM ON
7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side....SAME AS UR
8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck
9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances, I do say I am a careful driver and dont take too many risks but am reckless at times

Well thats about it, lets see you BHPians come out with your confessions hope to see some interesting ones.

I am sorry, i DO NOT intend to offend anyone with the above confessions and would like you all to keep your suggestions on any confessions made in the thread to yourselfs only. Thanks

Moderators delete the thread if you feel this dont make no sense here in the forum

Last edited by F50 : 12th September 2006 at 23:41.
Old 27th February 2007, 00:24   #101
BHPian

1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling -- Me too

2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified -- I'd like to buy an old truck and run them over

3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass -- rev up the engine and scare the bejesus out of them

4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors -- No beggars.

5. I do over speed within the city just for the kicks-- Not for kicks. Not unless it's an emergency.

6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times -- wear it always its got style
7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side -- Planning to put 200 watt lamps for these idiots

8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck -- Never

9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances, I do say I am a careful driver and dont take too many risks but am reckless at times -- Almost never
Old 27th February 2007, 01:37   #102
Senior - BHPian

My Confessions:

- Honk and abuse each and every Taxi & Rickshaw drive that comes into my way (For which I keep the left passenger glass open).

- Just love to flash my lights on someone having his headlights pointed right into my face.

- I used to stop my car in the center of the road for a minute on the very narrow Jogeshwari SV Road to make the Rickshawallas behind me, angry.

Last edited by Stratos : 27th February 2007 at 01:40.
Old 27th February 2007, 10:25   #103
Senior - BHPian

1. I overtake from the left a lot, mostly when there is slow moving traffic on the right lane who don't give a damn and stay there crawling -- Me too

2. Shout at every biker, auto walla, other vehicles who come to the wrong side of the road - road rage personified -- Not Always

3. Honk at times when the guy in front doesnt give me way and this only when he/she can definitely move to the side and let me pass -- rev up the engine and scare the bejesus out of them - definitely.

4. Don't encourage beggars (especially kids) and at-the-signal vendors -- No beggars.

5. I do over speed within the city just for the kicks-- Dont do this.

6. Don't wear my seatbelt at times -- Padmini not provided with s.b. - wear when driving my dad's car.

7. Flash my high beams at anyone who's on high beams coming in the opp. side -- yes i do it.

8. Sometimes am not courteous to pedestrains with traffic breathing down my neck -- Never

9. Look like I'm in a hurry when travelling long distances, I do say I am a careful driver and dont take too many risks but am reckless at times -- Almost never
Old 27th February 2007, 11:35   #104
Senior - BHPian

For beggars with a baby in hand : ' How much did you pay for hiring the baby for the day? & what have you fed the little one so far? '

the above line will send the cheating beggar bugger away from your vicinity, since it is very true that they hire babies for begging.
Old 27th February 2007, 14:30   #105
BHPian

I have a habit of cornering bikes and other two-wheelers who try to overtake me from the left; this leads to some nerve-wracking and dangerous situations. A single nudge can land the rider in the pavement, head first. I try my best to give way, but I just cant.

That, and I drive flat-out on rough roads. If there was a car SPCA, i would've been sued out of existence :>

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks