Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2004, 20:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Confessions of a Team Bhpian

Well all.
Nobody is a perfect driver.Not even MS.Even he fumbles at times.Though not often.All of us do have something about our driving which we would like to improve.Something we learn from our elders,our mates,fellow BHPians.

Since everyone of us has penned down thier driving skills,overtaking manouveres,time testings etc.Take some time and confess about what would you personally like to improve about ur driving.Even if its the worst thing like getting pissed if a better car overtakes you.With your thoughts down here,somebody would help you be a better driver.If not Perfect.
So c`mon.........confess.
Old 9th September 2004, 22:17   #2
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I think I am a Good driver
My racing skills are not good, but then I am totally uninterested in that.
Only thing that concerns me is my temper and aggression while driving. Which I think is increasing day-by-day for the worst...... I'll finish myself like this....
Old 9th September 2004, 22:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

As normal drivers we're all good but when it comes to racing, we don't really know it yet as very few of us have actually taken part i official races.

For day to day driving , i don't think i lack any skills, but if there's one thing that i would like to master in Racing Style" is toe-heel braking coz it's one of the most imp things you need to know when you enter a corner, one mistake and the guy behind will overtake you.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 10th September 2004, 00:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Only thing that concerns me is my temper and aggression while driving. Which I think is increasing day-by-day for the worst...... I'll finish myself like this....
same here with a slight difference ..im almost reached the end of finishing myself...

1) i wud like to improve my patience

2) i wud like to curb my temper and bad words.

3) i wud love to curb my instinct of flooring the acclerator when i hear my free flow .

will add more later

cheeriozz
Old 10th September 2004, 01:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey guys,
there are a lot of flaws in my driving.

sometimes i do tend to show off my free flow,so in doing that i have been involved in a lot of near misses.
2.normally ,i am not at all an aggressive driver,but sometimes i dunno wat happens when i am alone,i get irritated when someone overtakes me very rashly.the most recent one was on my last mangalore drive when ,ihad signalled this ikon driver behind me to stop for a truck in front,but he just went ahead /i managed to brake in time,otherwise it wud have been a big big accoident involving many vehicles including a volvo bus.this happened on the ankola rd.after that it was war.in trying to race him,i reached mangalore in 5hrs for 380kms.averaging above 100kph most of the time.the last 60kms was done very slowly as he just stopped .
3.i cannot control myself whenever i see fools driving on the right lane at 40-60kphand others have to go from the left.i muse the choiciest of abuses ,be it a male or female.
4.sometimes when overatking a vehicle from the LHS,i am quite bad.inspite of all these years ,i do not have the perfect judgement on LHS overtaking.
5.my biggest weakness is a ghat road.even my parents do not say anything ,as they know theye just cannot do anything other than pray.
so,the ankola rd,tha katraj ghat,khambatki ghat,kasara ghat the whole NH17 from panvel is my weakness.

satya
Old 10th September 2004, 02:18   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (speedsatya @ Sep. 09 2004,23:55)]4.sometimes when overatking a vehicle from the LHS,i am quite bad.inspite of all these years ,i do not have the perfect judgement on LHS overtaking.
Lol SSatya,

I think #4 should have ONLY said

4. Overtaking from the LHS

cya
R
Old 10th September 2004, 08:11   #7
BHPian

im perfect

just kidding guys. on the road, i swerve a lot - drive my car like how i used to ride bikes, i know its a big fault but....
Old 10th September 2004, 11:40   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm with Shantanu. Just need to master the art of heel-toe braking

GTO

Old 10th September 2004, 11:48   #9
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I just need to improve my night driving on the Expressway. Its very very bad and i get very very scared. Maybe its me or is it the improper lighting on the Expressway
Old 10th September 2004, 12:39   #10
BHPian

I think i need to stop driving like a rally driver on the highway i show no lane dicipline at all... and that happen bcoz of some ppl who drive their cars like trucks in the 1st lane:angry:

Power Freak
Old 10th September 2004, 12:51   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Well anger seems to be my biggest draw back, all my frustration comes out on the car. Once i hot in the head i dont shift before 5000-6000 rpm and take that additional risk and have a careless attitude.
And after getting the accord automatic, i am just addicted to pressing the accelerator down to the floor to make the car down shift every now and then and then pull it all the way so that it shifts just a notch before the red line .the one mili second delay before it shifts down when i press it down hard then the boost of power just makes my smile go bigger and bigger.
last but not the least the dont mess with me attitude, if someone cuts me or purposely annoying me to race my temper just flies and i start pulling into racerboy mood at the drop of a hat which i need to reduce specially when i am in the accord and the other person is in a car like a lancer or something , its unfair but i do it to teach him a lesson

p.s wat exactly is this heel-toe braking thing? sorry i aint that fimilar with these terms so just out of curosity.
Old 10th September 2004, 12:59   #12
Team-BHP Support

Well, like most here, I think my major weakness on the street is my decreasing patience!

I simply detest the taxi's in mumbai. I daydream about hiring a beat up Sumo and just ramming each and every one of them...crushing there elbows that are always sticking out.

I get aggressive when I see a guy doing 60 in the right lane of the expressway, and when you pull alongside to cuss him out, he says "teen aur lane hai nah"! aaargh!!!

All this makes me drive badly, swerving from lane to lane, overtaking from the left...basically everything you are not supposed to do.

But, as they say, when in Rome....

Rt
Old 10th September 2004, 14:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

I normally drive in a very sedate manner. But yes there are times when I get these jhatkas to get into the racing mood. *And when I do I always get zonked looks from my co pasengers " Dippy we didnt know you drive like this as well". I reply .. trust me guys you havent seen these roops of mine hehehe.

I hate it when rickshaws drive in the right lane slowing everything behind. I have no choice but to overtake from the LHS. I must say that I have mastered judgment of using my side mirrors to overtake. Plus I replaced the stock horn in my Zen to a much louder horn like that on the Octavia to give the mortal ricks and unsuspecting 2 wheelers on the road some scares. Boy do I enjoy the look on their faces when they give me way only to see a Zen pass

Again I have need to control my abuses. But I cant help it .. see rickshaw will abuse. The worst of abuses come out even when I'm with my parents .. but Im excused for that. Lucky me!!!

Last but not the least I get these kicks of just rushing through traffic left right and center on Marine drive after watching some pumping F1 *but yes I do judge it in advance when I should brake and where I can push through.

Well thats bout it from me

Dippy

Old 10th September 2004, 17:47   #14
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] The worst of abuses come out even when I'm with my parents .. but Im excused for that. Lucky me!!!
Naughty boy dippy ! hmm..seems like abusing is on everyone's list..so i'm no different. But if with parents it is restricted to stupid, duffer & the likes but when alone I make it a point to roll down the windows & make sure that the rick has heard me right! Another thing when people drive slow in the first lane & I'm honking & yet they don't move I overtake them from the other side & slow down in their face to the extent of almost stopping..I know its bad but when you get on my nerves you ought to be taught a lesson..
Old 10th September 2004, 21:11   #15
BHPian

OK well no ones perfect every one has faults and mine is I am a very impatient driver I dont like to be stuck behind any car I want to be the first at the signal and the first to get out of the signal I hate it and get very mad when some one cuts me my wife says Im a very revengefull driver so I need to control my anger and emotions when I drive::

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks