Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 13:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Off roading - while going to office

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Total entertainment while going to office - we just need some good sized craters to have off roading while going to office
Careful there! The government might start taxing people for using this road, under the name of providing off-roading experience within the city!
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 15:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Careful there! The government might start taxing people for using this road, under the name of providing off-roading experience within the city!
Hmm. You know what? I think it is a great opportunity. Perhaps the government can move all software jobs to a new place say 100 km from Bangalore, and make Bangalore as a the "adventure city".

What do we offer: All kinds of off-roading, mudslinging activities. We can offer vehicles on rent to race with in a very adventurous and scenic metropolis. We offer peaceful boat rides for the non-adventure seeking person across the city during a certain season(which co-incidentally is when it rains heavily). Other adventure activities include lakeside racing near Bellundur lake, Multi cusine food served in your car, on top of the flyover with a view of the sunset and an even nicer jam down below, Fresh fish caught right outside the car (only possible in underpass jam sections).

Sorry to have gone way off topic. Just could not resist. I dont mean to offend anyone and i only wrote the above on a humourous note. I am a Bangalorian and I love this city.
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 15:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 20th August 2011 at 19:56.
ethanhunt123 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th August 2011, 15:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Hmm. The road looks pretty good. What more do you want?

(hmm. I drive in Bangalore. I hope that explains the above comment.).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Lol, I agree with you man. We bangaloreans would love to drive in those roads. They are far better than what we drive.

Completely : Which city has the worst road sense? Read somewhere that if you can drive in Kolkata you can drive anywhere with your eyes closed?
+1 to this.

It dont see anything wrong with this road, either!! Its good for a walk as well (I can see a narrow 1 ft wide walkway on the left side of the pic!) I will be mightily pleased if I can get a road like this in our area. It is atleast looking level.
samm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 16:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

This is nothing, on my way to office, there is a pot hole big enough to swallow a hatchback !

The pot hole is so big that even DB sir driving a Thar 4x4 would have to think twice before tackling it.

This pot hole is on the Krupanidhi college junction near Madivala market.

Rohan
Old 19th August 2011, 16:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sach.sri View Post
Look at the pic below, this is taken on the road leading to DLF cyber city.

It was a slush trail and i could see small hatchs struggling - slipping and sliding

This is one of the poshest areas in Gurgaon

Total entertainment while going to office - we just need some good sized craters to have off roading while going to office

this was taken from my mobile, hence the picture quality. Also since this is taken from high angle full "difficulty" of the trail is not visible
Thanks Sach.sri for bringing back the memories of my beloved 'adventure dirt track' a.k.a DLF Phase 3 U Block.

I stayed here for full 6 months during peak summer and monsoon last year and enjoyed a lot of adventure sports - on my way to office and back - daily. My office location was just across NH8 behind Indiabulls and this road was my daily route. I had a first hand (or should I say first leg) experience of gliding on such garnished and well maintained international standard dirt track, as my black coloured office shoes had the privilege to be 'soaked' and 'skid' and 'slid' on them every day.

My shoes (which are almost brown by now) still miss those highly recommended foot exercises. Can we have some more snaps of my beloved Good(bad)Gaon dirt tracks, please???

Last edited by SankalpDesai : 19th August 2011 at 16:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks