Team-BHP - Disturbing behavior by a driver in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Disturbing behavior by a driver in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/10685-disturbing-behavior-driver-bangalore.html)

Saw this disturbing behavior on Saturday night near Residency Road, Bangalore. An ambulance was coming from behind with its siren on and there was this dude in an Ascent (AP registration) driving through the middle of the road and not even bothering to move aside for the ambulance. BTW did I mention that he was busy watching a movie in his car? It was only in the next signal that the ambulance was able to pass this guy.What do we do to such people?
I hope he is not a Team Bhpian.

Note From Moderator - Foul languare is strictly not allowed on TBHP. Please express your thoughts and emotions in a decent way.

i guess you cant do much for these kind of people at the most strict action should be taken by the law and maybe have the persons licence suspended for some time.. also i dont think any team-bhp mambers will do this. I can definately say that on behalf of the Team.

PS:- please go through the anouncement section before posting.

Yes, Its a disgusting behaviour , still you scold in effective way without violating tbhp rules.

Its really bad if he did that on purpose, but then he would have been watchin a movie to listenin to music with the windows up making it hard for him to hear the ambulance siren..

Bad...
I guess we also should have fines a la US for overtaking/obstructing Ambulances & School Buses

Why didn't you get down and whack the living daylights of such a disgrace to the human race or at least question him? We all want a change, but are too selfish, lazy and chicken (Oh! Yeah!! I forgot, we all play Godzilla hiding behind our monitor bunkers) to help in making that change.

Personally, I feel that anyone guilty of such acts and other acts such as driving under the influence, driving without a valid D/L (underage driving), violating traffic rules to the ultimate level etc. should be treated as murderers (get the same punishment murderers do) as they endanger the lives of so many other innocent people which includes women and children.

Superb justification, karthik247, what is the secret behind your genius thought process?? I would love to see you state the same justification if one of your family was in that ambulance.... Oh! Then, the entire outlook changes, doesn't it?

[quote=MrBoombastic]
Personally, I feel that anyone guilty of such acts and other acts such as driving under the influence, driving without a valid D/L (underage driving), violating traffic rules to the ultimate level etc. should be treated as murderers (get the same punishment murderers do) as they endanger the lives of so many other innocent people which includes women and children.
quote]

Boom, when did murderers start getting punished in our country? Even they go scot free after pulling a few strings and setting a benami.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
but then he would have been watchin a movie to listenin to music with the windows up making it hard for him to hear the ambulance siren..

Is it right to be watching a movie while driving? I think its downright insane and hazardous to all & sundry in the vicinity!

[SIZE=2]Boombastic, I don't think Karthik was sitting in the car ahead of the ambulance, so don't flame him. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Btw, how can someone watch a movie and drive at the same time in Bangalore traffic? Must be some kind of freak. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
Superb justification, karthik247, what is the secret behind your genius thought process?? I would love to see you state the same justification if one of your family was in that ambulance.... Oh! Then, the entire outlook changes, doesn't it?

Okey its wrong to watch a movie in a car, but we all play music and sometimes u don't even hear people around u honking. I'm not sayin its the right thing to do or justifying him...

There are possibilities that he could have been held up in traffic or sumtin, not everyone are so heartless

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Boombastic, I don't think Karthik was sitting in the car ahead of the ambulance, so don't flame him.

Quote:

Superb justification, karthik247, what is the secret behind your genius thought process??

Parlez-vous anglais, monsieur? :ZZZ:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joz
Boom, when did murderers start getting punished in our country? Even they go scot free after pulling a few strings and setting a benami.

OFF TOPIC, KINDLY EXCUSE: Sad, but very true, Joz bhai. God help our beautiful India improve on all this... Actually, God needs to help us Indians and not India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
Okey its wrong to watch a movie in a car, but we all play music and sometimes u don't even hear people around u honking. I'm not sayin its the right thing to do or justifying him...

There are possibilities that he could have been held up in traffic or sumtin, not everyone are so heartless

Cool, while I appreciate your reply and am glad you realise what that person did has no justification whatsoever... I still don't approve of underage driving. Kindly do not get me wrong Karthik, for if I had a younger brother who did what you do, by now, I would've first taken him to task myself and then, got him arrested and made sure no one bailed him out. I have nothing against you personally and must say that you are one of the well-behaved members on here, but endangering others lives and breaking the law outweigh all your other nice ways.

Its bad enough that people dont give way to Ambulance/fire trucks. But to make it worse there are always some stupid bikers and drivers that try to slip-stream the ambulance to take advantage of an opening in the traffic. With mentality like that, i cant help agree with:
Quote:

[B Actually, God needs to help us Indians and not India.

Quote:

Cool, while I appreciate your reply and am glad you realise what that person did has no justification whatsoever... I still don't approve of underage driving. Kindly do not get me wrong Karthik, for if I had a younger brother who did what you do, by now, I would've first taken him to task myself and then, got him arrested and made sure no one bailed him out.

How come underage driving suddenly come into picture, while discussing about an accent blocking ambulance ? :) But, I agree with you on other accounts.

Ok, guys – here’s another one!... its too much to digest – but its totally true as my mother & sister were at the scene of the ‘crime’.

On the ring road (Delhi) going from Ashram to Lajpat Nagar.
As usual there was dense traffic crawling slow & steadily and a fire brigade (truck) comes up with all its bells & whistles blowing (there’s a fire station nearby).

There was so much traffic that the fire truck was having a hard time passing through, nevertheless people were trying to slip into the adjacent lanes to clear the way.

So then comes a traffic signal and the fire truck right behind my mother’s car (the Alto) badly honking but the guy in front won’t move an inch (Again an Alto, he’s the first guy in the lane) (an elderly fellow totally not responding).

Anyways the signal turned green and the traffic moves and my mother slips into the left lane. So that brings the fire truck right behind the old man’s Alto.

Next signal (quite close to the previous one), all stop again and fire guys honk/ siren/ ring.. but all in vein ..THE GUY WON’T MOVE! …The people in other cars also trying to signal that guy to move…. But he won’t even move his neck!

The fire guy got a bit pissed off and moved his truck within a couple of inches of the Alto, .. but what do you expect!... NOTHING… he didn’t even turn and look back!

Ok!... so what can anyone do? .. Well the fire guy simply SLAMMED the Alto kind-of hard. And guess what? The Alto moved a couple of feet because of the impact… but the guy did not respond again!

Finally people from other vehicles got down and kind-of pushed/ forced him to move to ahead and leave the lane. AND the fire truck passed through!....

This guy continued to drive slowly/ casually without bothering to see what had happened to his car. His car’s rear was totally messed!

Ps: This guy deserved worse!
Also I think maybe he was a “lunatic” as described in Law!