Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2006, 18:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Some car and driving skills u got there to keep up with a Porsche Cayenne Turbo!!!!
eeeeks .. nonono .. I'd give myself 5 out of 10 as a driver ! It's just that he was probably relaxing at 130 in 2nd or 3rd
Old 26th February 2006, 13:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

SIGH..... CHAYENNE..... any threads on wish-lists I wonder??
Old 26th February 2006, 15:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yup, me got my piece of Porsche too. Look at my signature!!!
Old 26th February 2006, 15:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

v1p3r, the story would have been different if we had let Steeroid to drive the Cayenne.
Old 17th July 2006, 11:06   #20
BANNED

So you were street racing? I cant wait to see crash pics posted here with you being carried away to the hospital.

TeamBHP must condone street racing stories for safety of citizens.

Most civilized forums I am a member of have banned Clowns from posting their racing experiences. Race on the race track not on the tax payers public roads.
Old 17th July 2006, 13:10   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by microhit
So you were street racing? I cant wait to see crash pics posted here with you being carried away to the hospital.
I would like to quote what ajmat once said .. None of us here are so called ANGELS on the road .. We all have done it at some point or the other .. But wishing bad about others is outright stupid .. There are better ways of saying it than they way u have made it out to be ..

OT : I dont see why some people get thrills putting others down .. The very same people who give gyan about safe driving were pretty much street racing with me on one of the drives themselves .. Or maybe its just to grab attention ..

PS : No offense to anyone , but it once so happened that steeroid and godfather jokingly said they would love to see my car crashed etc etc and wham two days later my car got totalled .. So i know how it feels .. Kindly request u to stay away from making such comments .. If u cant make it better dont worsen things for the others ..

PS 2 : No offense meant to anyone , just stating my own personal experience ..
Old 17th July 2006, 13:36   #22
BHPian

I am glad you had a good experience mate...

But while you were trying, the Porsche was just carelessly cruising...

i get it from 18 year olds in a civic or a supra....you feel like giving them a run for their money...but it ain't worth it....never know who's gonna have a dark cloud over them...

Drive safe mate!!!
Old 17th July 2006, 13:39   #23
BHPian

nice exp there shuvc.....can imagine the fun u had...
Old 17th July 2006, 14:01   #24
BANNED

Microchit, dude that was a horrible thing to say.

People on civilised forums don't talk like this either.
Old 17th July 2006, 14:05   #25
DRC
BHPian

@ Shuvc, Good to know you had a great experience..Porsche is a delight to see.

@ Microhit, I , like every one else, believe it is disgraceful to wish bad to others... Please do take care of yourself and the rest who love you and are concerned. There is n othing like making some one happy. and nothing worse than making someone sad.

@ others, I think there is a point in Microhit's comments, There are many very young kinds who have access to this forum, I feel it is better to refrain from posting street racing experineces just as a self desciplene, so that they don't get carried away. Ban may not be a good idea as this is an open forum.

Last edited by DRC : 17th July 2006 at 14:08.
Old 17th July 2006, 14:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microhit

TeamBHP must condone street racing stories for safety of citizens.

Most civilized forums I am a member of have banned Clowns from posting their racing experiences. Race on the race track not on the tax payers public roads.
I don't understand. There was no hint of racing in what shuvc had written. Microhit, you are relatively new in this forum. So please don't make such statemment about any body without knowing their backgrond and history.
Old 17th July 2006, 16:00   #27
BHPian

shuvc .. Thats a great drive.. was it on EM Bypass..! I am sure it was [COLOR=black][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Chuffer[/FONT][/COLOR] driven... Not many petrolheads in Kol with that kind of drives.
Old 17th July 2006, 16:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
I don't understand. There was no hint of racing in what shuvc had written.
Precisely what I was thinking. This being an old thread which I had read long time ago, I knew that it was not about street racing. Still, I went back to the thread beginning just to make sure.

Each and everyone of us who drives on Indian roads, has at some point or the other (actually it is more like on a daily basis) done dangerous driving. And I am not referring to just street racing - it includes not following the laid down rules in letter and spirit. Don't know many that can stand on a moral high ground and preach to the rest. Atleast, I can't.
Old 19th July 2006, 13:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Saw the same car yesterday with reflective tinted windows on the EM Bye-pass connector (Topsia crossing). Although everytime I see a cayenne I wish that front-end had a different rear-end or in otherwords the Porsche Badging had a different Model moniker , but the Turbo intact.
Old 19th July 2006, 15:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

@ritayan, this was on the rajarhat expressway. I don't think it's prudent to touch even 90+ on the EM Bypass nowadays with all that traffic ..
Even the expressway is getting worse everyday due to a spew of construction activities along that road ..

@microhit, I share your concern of the effect of glorifying street racing experiences .. however I assure you I was not racing and I don't think my writeup gives that impression. I am fully aware of my driving limitations and those of my car. I harboured no illusions of beating a Cayenne .. I just wanted to confirm what it was. In fact I don't even harbour illusions of beating santros/indicas/qualises driven by crazy drivers since I know I wouldn't take the risks they take

This is a piece of road which was so good and empty a year back that I could easily touch 130 in my Indica .. not racing against anyone - just me and my machine. As I have mentioned above it's deteriorated today, but even then lots of cars travel at 80-110 on this road. It is my standard route back home from office and I know the road pretty well and I regularly cruise at 100-110. I was just plain lucky that the Cayenne was being driven at a speed slightly more than my normal speed and hence I could catch up !

One can argue .. can you not stick to a speed of 70/80 even though the roads are good ? I personally feel that I have a comfort zone. If I drive below/above that I feel shaky and less alert and more prone to mistakes. This is an individual thing and is upto each of us to find out our limits.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks