Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2006, 14:30   #16
BHPian

May their souls rest in peace...

I guess the trend now looks like -> Big/powerful cars = rash driving = more accidents = more lives lost..

Looks like..the government is giving us better highways/roads...manufacturers giving us fast/powerful cars...people are getting carried away..& there seems to be no concern for safety...
Old 28th February 2006, 15:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

sorry site of one of the best SUV's in the country....all b'cos of reckless driving
Old 28th February 2006, 16:35   #18
BHPian

The body & passenger cabin of the Forrester looks fairly intact.. If only these folks were wearing belts, they could have gotten away with minor injuries..

While the accident & loss of life is very sad, I find it very difficult to generate sympathy for people who act in stupid ways.. A person who buys a Forrester is definitely educated enough to know that seat belts are an absolute must on the highways.. Heck, they are a must even on a grocery run.. If somebody does not understand a simple concept like this, they should not be driving in the first place..
Old 28th February 2006, 16:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
May their souls rest in peace..

There are more & more of these SUV incidents happening and I think it only shows that people somehow get the impression that once they climb into a SUV, they become indestructible........take care all our team-bhp SUV owners, the line is always thin between life & death.
Right suman, this is one point I want to put through to all the SUV owners. Please do drive carefully. It's a machine after all, and it has it's limitations
Old 28th February 2006, 17:12   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
How many road dividers did you guys see with refelectors? In Hyderabad I hardly see any. And if you are blinded by the hi-beam of the vehicle in the opposite side, 100% you won't see the divider.
If you drive from Kukatpally towards Balanagar at night the road after the Y junction is completely dark till Balanagar crossing. The divider on this road is at least 1.5-2 feet high and almost black. When a vehicle coming from opposite direction blinds you and you are on the outermost lane (near to the divider) there is a very high chance of you hitting the divider. To make matter worse there are huge chunks of boulders which have broken off the divider and lie on the road... you never know when one will show up in front of your car.

By the way, if you travel on the jeedimetla road towards bahadurpally/dindigal the divider has reflectors on it
Old 28th February 2006, 20:05   #21
BHPian

Why are we wasting our time on air bags deplyoing / not deplyoing etc?.

As said by somebody....this crash wud have been fatal even with airbags.

The point here (according to me) is that its ABSOLUTE STUPIDITY to be doing 100kmph at night on our roads.

Not even the best cars or the latest technology can make up for this kind of mindless driving.
Old 28th February 2006, 22:26   #22
BANNED

sorry for them
may their souls rest in peace
???????????////
Old 28th February 2006, 23:29   #23
BHPian

A friend's corolla was involved in a frontal impact with a tractor and the airbag's didn't deploy. The impact was pretty severe but on the right side near the lights. But all were wearing seatbelts and escaped without a scratch. But the service guys said the airbags should deploy only if it's a head on collission; meaning grill portion. I don't really know the amount of truth in the service guys argument. But the point is, even if it hits from the sides like the fender you will be thrown front. Agreed most cars in india, except D+ segment cars, dont have side air bags. But wouldn't it help if the airbags deployed even if the impact is not directly head on?

Why aren't there any standardized tests like NCAP in India? The NCAP is of not much use as the cars in india are of different trim levels due to cost cuttting. But, I have been asking myself are there any standards as to the no of sensors that should be in place, location... etc?
Neo. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2006, 23:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Tats a scary crash...its really difficult to see the dividers esp. in the night.
Guys take care n always wear ur seatbelts even while driving in the city.

Abt the airbags, is there anyway the manufacturers test them on the cars??
A lotta ppl hv died in accidents cuz the airbags didn't deploy
Old 28th February 2006, 23:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1
I guess the trend now looks like -> Big/powerful cars = rash driving = more accidents = more lives lost..
ONLY if you are basing that statement on the incidents reported on T-BHP. If all sorts of accidents were considered then we'd probably see that small and not-so-powerful cars also contributed to the lives lost...not just "Big/powerful cars".
Old 1st March 2006, 00:37   #26
BHPian

why do companies put airbags in the first place if they do not deploy properly. My car manual says that the airbags on my optra will deploy at any speed above 40. But i never want to try this out. Never.
Old 1st March 2006, 21:36   #27
BHPian

Oh! that looks really bad.
And may their souls rest in peace.

I think the accident would still have been fatal even if the air bags had deployed.
And not wearing seat belts at that kind of speed. (I would never dream of it)

Very very sad story.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:54   #28

Re: Totalled Chevrolet Forester

Members,

This Forester belongs to me, and here are facts about this accident: 1.
1.The accident took place on the DND highway.
2.There were only two people in the car and both were wearing seat belts, and survived with minor cuts, the blood on the door was due a minor cut on the elbow of one of them.

3.The air bags did not open since the vehicle rolled sideways.

4.The vehicle was struck on the front bumper by a speeding Swift which took a sharp left to overtake another vehicle, and then I lost control and hit the left divider on DND which eventually resulted in the vehicle rolling sideways thrice.

5.Most of the glasses did not break thanks to the safe body rails.

6.After spending quite some time in getting it back in shape, I still drive it.

Thanks
forester09 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 14:34   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forester09 View Post
Members,

This Forester belongs to me, and here are facts about this accident: 1.
1.The accident took place on the DND highway.
2.There were only two people in the car and both were wearing seat belts, and survived with minor cuts, the blood on the door was due a minor cut on the elbow of one of them.

3.The air bags did not open since the vehicle rolled sideways.

4.The vehicle was struck on the front bumper by a speeding Swift which took a sharp left to overtake another vehicle, and then I lost control and hit the left divider on DND which eventually resulted in the vehicle rolling sideways thrice.

5.Most of the glasses did not break thanks to the safe body rails.

6.After spending quite some time in getting it back in shape, I still drive it.

Thanks
Thanks for ending the speculations on such a pleasant tone.
Wonder how the original story got fabricated in the first place itself
Old 19th August 2011, 16:05   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

glad to know that the occupants came out relatively unscathed
i really love the Forester - wonderful car. wiish they had launched it with the 2 litre Vcdi engine like in the Optra Magnum. it would have been just perfect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks