Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2011, 22:37   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Shocking incident - Blame it on 3D Mats??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachi View Post
I have a Ford Figo EXI and have 2 round plastic things with a oval hole in the middle that looks like a locking mechanism on each of the Mats in the front. There is nothing on the car to fasten this to. Can some one confirm if this is actually a locking mechanism?
Hey, I have the Figo mats on my car. Yes, IIRC, the Figo, does have a slot to fasten the locks that come with the mats.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:59   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Now, this is why its very important to have driver side mats, which have locks in them. They prevent from moving forward, which is a tremendous risk!!

If there is no lock, please install one.

Atleast tag it like this:
Hey, Today I noticed that there is no provision to tie the tag to the driver seat in my ANHC as shown in your pic. Will have to find alternate ways to keep the mat glued to its position.
Old 5th October 2011, 00:18   #48
BHPian

The incident mentioned in this thread reminds me of a friend's old 2001 model M800 I had driven for a while when I had sold a car and booked another and was car-less for 3 weeks. That maruti's gas pedal had an issue and in the morning used to get stuck in the pressed position requiring me to put my toe below it and pull it up! This would happen for the first 15 mins till the little guy warmed up.

Anyway my suggestion here is to use silicone sealant to stick the mat to the floor. Silicone sealant hardens to a waterproof rubber and can be easily removed if required. It does not damage the surface it clings to. Silicone sealant is commonly used by plumbers, carpenters and aquarium hobbiysts.
moinakg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 02:52   #49
BHPian

For the time being until you get your mat fixed in place with tags, just remove it from driver's side and use a normal mat.

Even if you keep checking daily, there is a possibility that it can move forward while driving itself resulting in the accelerator pedal getting stuck.

Safe driving.
Old 5th October 2011, 09:35   #50
J.Ravi

So far, I have not faced any problem with my Linea's 3D Kagu mats as my Linea's accelerator hangs from the top without messing with the mat!
Name:  007.JPG
Views: 4724
Size:  103.1 KB

Old 6th October 2011, 19:14   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
So far, I have not faced any problem with my Linea's 3D Kagu mats as my Linea's accelerator hangs from the top without messing with the mat!
Attachment 821424
Good to know that mate. Thanks for sharing the info. I notice that your mat does not cover the area beneath the accelerator pedal thereby keeping you safe from any issues even when the mat moves from its initial position.
kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 10:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Hey, Today I noticed that there is no provision to tie the tag to the driver seat in my ANHC as shown in your pic. Will have to find alternate ways to keep the mat glued to its position.
Hey Kiran i just saw this thread snce i was planning to get the 3D mats, just wanted to check, the mats you are using are they for ANHC or universal, if i see Ravi's picture, i think that mat is made for Linea with the way it sits. You may check on that as well
Old 25th October 2011, 11:14   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
I found that the gas pedal had got stuck under the edge of the 3D Mat (the edges are quite thick so there are chances of the pedal getting stuck incase the Mats have moved a bit forward from their initial alignment.
Thanks.
But honestly, why do people need these mats I really do not understand. There are more worthy things for a car to spend on.

After reading all the hype about these mats and I went and checked them myself in a nearby shop - the guys started blah blah about them as expected and enthusiastically showed me the ones specifically made for the new Laura. They showed my a Laura in which they had placed these (sorry I can not use the term "installed" - there is nothing to install here). And the first thing that struck me was the driver side mat was doing a close shave with the accelerator pedal -in the new Laura this is floor mounted. I felt it was surely risky and something uncalled for. I brought it up to their notice and they said - Sir, it's 3D, is liye aap ko lagta hain (It's 3d, so you feel it's overlapping the pedal, actually it's not).

I gave up.

I find the OEM mats perfect - they snap fit which is the first and foremost porperty of a floor mat in the car, IMO.

Thank you for thread. Hope more and more people bump into this and be reminded that "anything can happen when you are driving".

Last edited by anandpadhye : 25th October 2011 at 11:16.
Old 25th October 2011, 11:41   #54
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
i just saw this thread snce i was planning to get the 3D mats
3D Kagu mats are brand-specific. I contacted Hot Tracks, but they didn't have those mats for Linea for months together. Finally, I was successful. The details are here. I am sure, they have Manza-specific mats.

Old 25th October 2011, 12:26   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
3D Kagu mats are brand-specific. I contacted Hot Tracks, but they didn't have those mats for Linea for months together. Finally, I was successful. The details are here. I am sure, they have Manza-specific mats.
I was informed some 5k bucks for a Manza specific mat from Drift Performance in Koramangala, not sure what should be the price. Universals are cheaper but i guess they will slip and slide around.
Old 25th October 2011, 12:38   #56
BHPian

Not sure but did you remove the original mats and then put the 3d mats? Or you put them over the original ones. If you did the latter, then the 3d mats could be a little higher than they should be and the fitting too suffers a bit.

I have put them over the original mats on my Laura, so they rest a bit higher but it's not a risk on the Laura because it has an old school accelerator pedal that does not come hanging from below the dashboard. It is on the floor. So there is no chance of it getting stuck. In others cars with hanging throttle pedals, it might just be, like you noticed.
Old 25th October 2011, 22:06   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hey Kiran i just saw this thread snce i was planning to get the 3D mats, just wanted to check, the mats you are using are they for ANHC or universal, if i see Ravi's picture, i think that mat is made for Linea with the way it sits. You may check on that as well
@motomaverick: The 3D mats that I have is specific to ANHC. They perfectly fit and cover all sides.
Old 25th October 2011, 22:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Thanks.
- Sir, it's 3D, is liye aap ko lagta hain (It's 3d, so you feel it's overlapping the pedal, actually it's not).
I just can't stop laughing at the statement made by the dealer. You should have thrashed him right there for his stupidity.
Old 29th October 2011, 17:58   #59
pavansr

Dear All,

Please check for new 3D Mats with Maxpider technology. This will help the mat to get locked with the carpet and will avoid the movements.
  (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks