Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2011, 16:46   #1
BHPian

Ghaziabad-Nainital-Kausani (Route Update)

Recently visited Kausani via Kaladhungi & Nainital,

The road is excellent until you take a detour off the highway (NH24) towards Kashipur. For the first time in my life I experienced a very old comment "bone jarring",

Then the road from Nainital to Almora (via Garampani) is also in bad shape, almost an entire 1 km of road had slipped off the hill side, so a temporary road has been carved out of the hill which has no tarmac.
Old 12th October 2011, 16:58   #2
BHPian

Re: Ghaziabad-Nainital-Kausani (Route Update)

you should not have went through the kashipur,instead you would have continued towards rampur-rudrapur-haldwani-nanital.Road surface is very good there.
Old 12th October 2011, 19:26   #3
BHPian

I didnt take this route for 2 reasons, one, wanted to visit Kaladhungi (its like a shrine to me, where I started my likeness for the forests), also visit Corbett falls there, second, there was curfew and unrest around some places in Rudrapur (some communcal riots)
Old 12th October 2011, 22:47   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
I didnt take this route for 2 reasons, one, wanted to visit Kaladhungi (its like a shrine to me, where I started my likeness for the forests), also visit Corbett falls there, second, there was curfew and unrest around some places in Rudrapur (some communcal riots)
yes,there was some communal riots were going on there,as my relatives lives there,they told me,but that should not have been a problem as NH were open,and its okay if you wanted to vistit corbett fall and kaladhungi,please post some pics of this trip.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:54   #5
BHPian

Hey guys i'm looking to travel to Almora in 1st week of November, which route should i be taking according to you?

Kindly advise.
Old 18th October 2011, 19:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post
Hey guys i'm looking to travel to Almora in 1st week of November, which route should i be taking according to you?

Kindly advise.
The route is very simple,Delhi-Hapur-Gajraula-Moradabad-Rampur-Rudrapur-Haldwani-kathgodam-Almora.This is the best route the road from delhi-moradabad is 4 lane with good surface,and from rampur to kathgodam road is single 2 laned,and then hills start.Dont take left from moradabad towards kashipur as road is full of potholes there,if you want to stop midway for break then at gajraula MC.D is there or if you want some dhaba stuff then at just little after hapur there is dhaba called monga on the left side which is highly recommended for their allo ke paranthe.Leave early to avoid traffic.
Old 28th October 2011, 16:04   #7
BHPian

Thanks for the advise, i plan to leave tomorrow morning.

Rajat, exactly how many kms did you experience the pot holed ride? if it isn't for too many kms i would also like to take this route and go via corbett.

Kindly advise
Old 8th November 2011, 11:53   #8
BHPian

Guys came back from 4 day trip to Almora , Mukteshwar, Jageshwar

The route is more or less good, took the

Hapur - Moradabad - rampur - haldwani - kathgodam - bhimtal - kachi mandir - almora route

the Roads between Bilaspur - rudrapur have pot holes in patches but is manageable.
After Kachi Mandir the Hill roads have bad patches as has been mentioned above by fellow bhpian.

Most Viewed