Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2011, 14:06   #1
BHPian

Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic rules

Saw on the news yesterday - The Bangalore police released a CCTV footage showing the miraculous escape of a biker after being hit by a car on a busy road.The video has been posted on the FB page of Bangalore Traffic Police.

Seems like the Bangalore Traffic police has come up with a unique traffic awareness program. They have posted several videos of accidents on social networking sites so that these videos can act as a warning to people and they realize that not following traffic rules can lead to disasters.

I have been transferred to Bangalore and have been hearing about Bangalore traffic from my friends and colleagues. I will be in Bangalore shortly and frankly, I am a bit worried about driving in Bangalore after hearing all the stories!!

My view is that only posting the videos by the police on social networking sites is not enough. I am sure Bangalore Traffic Police is doing what they can to control and manage traffic but I think Self Awareness contributes very highly in these situations. Unless people realize, there is no solution to the problem......

Would be glad to hear people's views on this....
Old 24th November 2011, 14:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic r

I guess you need not be worried about driving in bangalore.
But yes you have to careful and alert all the time when you hit the road, even if you are on foot.
Untill and unless people realize this , i dont think Traffic polie will be able to do much .

Anyways WELCOME to bangalore.

Cheers
Old 25th November 2011, 10:53   #3
BHPian

Re: Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic r

Hyderabad Traffic Police have been doing this for a long time. They have been posting the accident videos captured by their CCTV Camera's placed at Signals. Atleast, this would deter people from breaking traffic rules.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Thread closed. This has already been posted here. Please search before creating new threads.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed