Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2011, 15:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Rescued a street dog after a crash-Need Suggestions

Hats off to you for the wonderful gesture

You can try Blue cross. We had street dog in our street which was badly wounded and the wound was infected. We didn't know what to do and called up Blue Cross. They took the dog, treated it, nursed it back to health after a month dropped it back in our locality.
raju2512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 16:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

God Bless you Akshay. What you have done is indeed great. I am willing to contribute for the surgery. Do PM me if you need help!!
hrman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 16:57   #18
BHPian

Willing to contribute if any help is needed. This act of kindness will go a log way.
DeKay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 16:58   #19
BHPian

+1.
More than happy to help if it is needed.
ContiMental is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 17:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

GREAT gesture Akshay ! These poor beings are mostly ignored by the world ,i don't understand why people think their life is less important than us. PM if you need any help.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 28th November 2011 at 17:31.
faithless_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 17:30   #21
BHPian

Great job Akshay, very nice of you to help out the poor dog. We need more people like you.

I take care of a lot of dogs near my house, but I cant have one inside our home, although visiting dogs are allowed. Two years ago, my oldest dog was hit by a speeding vehicle which left both her hind limbs paralyzed. At the time, she was definitely more than 15, and the doctors at the Bombay SPCA (Bail Ghoda, Parel) said that she would not survive the surgery, and that she would never be able to walk. My local vet also said the same thing. She was in the hospital for more than two months, after which she was discharged. The X-ray revealed a fracture in her acetabulum. But you know what, slowly, she started to walk, albeit with some difficulty. Soon, defeating all odds, she was almost back to normal. An year later, she was hit again, and she again had to spend a couple of months in the hospital. This time, it was worse, and we could not see her suffer, and finally we decided to put her to sleep. :-( She was one of the best, most affectionate and gentle dogs I have ever seen in my life.

What I am trying to say is that, please have the doggy operated upon. I am pretty sure he or she will take it and will be back to normal. And now that the dog has started to take food, its a great sign for sure.

Regards,
Aalok
aalokg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 19:48   #22
BHPian

Way to go Akshay. I am not a dog lover, but once helped a stray dog which was bleeding (the dog came under the rear wheels of a crane which was backing). Thankfully in Hyderabad, we have blue cross. I called the Blue cross helpline, and they took care of the dog. They have text'ed saying the dog has been rescued.

I am ready to contribute, just let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Update.

He started eating in the morning,and now we are waiting for another doctor,to turn up for examination and a Injection.
Btw,just clicked a pic,while he was lying peacefully
sanjayk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 20:05   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dog is probably 1-2 years old and we have made arrangement for him to sleep in a covered outhouse.i will be taking a second opinion in the morning from another doctor.
Akshay do keep us posted on the condition of the poor lil' thing. I am sure its recovering and has started to eat.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 21:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all the support guys,I am overwhelmed.
He was examined by another vet today,according to him,he is too weak to sustain a surgery as of now.So he has advised complete rest for him,and the leg has been tied,to provide support.
He is eating normally,we are feeding,him milk,chapatis,and eggs.
Will probably switch over to chicken stock,tommorow.
And two injections per day have been advised for him per day.
I could see,from his face,that he was not in pain.
akshay4587 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 21:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

That was a heartwarming gesture. Do you have access to Blue Cross? If you call and inform them, since he is a stray, they will take him to their hospital and fix him. They will also vaccinate and sterilize him. And once he is alright, you may adopt him if you wish.

That is what I do here whenever I see any animal in distress, usually abandoned puppies. They will take care of them and put them up for adoption.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 22:00   #26
BHPian

Akshay , like everyone said , we salute you sir . And the sweet lil dog will remember you all his life . Two injections per day must be pretty expensive and like everyone said . Please allow us all to help . We'll all feel good . I request you to PM me you account details . I'd like to contribute in whatever way I can . Infact I'd suggest take the contributions and buy him some dog food which might help too , pedigree maybe . This is a sincere request , we'll all feel good about doing something good .
gautamkhadse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 07:21   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

well done! apparently he is out of shock and realizes that he is in a safe haven for the moment. great news.
hope he recovers quickly - they usually do - all they need is rest, affection and grub. poor things.
this gesture of yours is going a long way in restoring my faith in human nature. i just wish that more of us take positive action of this kind for the poor abandoned/ hurt animals in our country. human beings can speak and cry and communicate - animals cant speak and thats why my heart goes out to any animal in distress.

Quote:
Thanks for all the support guys,I am overwhelmed.
He was examined by another vet today,according to him,he is too weak to sustain a surgery as of now.So he has advised complete rest for him,and the leg has been tied,to provide support.
He is eating normally,we are feeding,him milk,chapatis,and eggs.
Will probably switch over to chicken stock,tommorow.
And two injections per day have been advised for him per day.
I could see,from his face,that he was not in pain.
Old 29th November 2011, 09:03   #28
BANNED

I'm willing to share the cost of surgery too bro.
Good to know that he's out of shock & eating.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:28   #29
Senior - BHPian

Great work there, Akshay. And good to see the chap recovering well. Keep us posted
Old 29th November 2011, 12:17   #30
BHPian

Hats off to you Akshay4587, Not many do what you are doing.

I was in a similar incident a few years ago ,where a speeding Accent ran over a dog, breaking it's back. It had crawled from the road and went into my neighbors house, It had rained the whole night and the dog had howled the whole night in pain. Next morning I went and picked up the Vet who advised to get the dog euthanized as the spinal cord was broken. Right after getting the dog euthanized, the owner appeared. It was messy.

I am so glad to see so many members on the forum coming forward to contribute to help a animal. Kudos to you all
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks