Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:19   #1
BHPian

Amanvana eight island luxury resort, Bad experience.

Me and my wife were on our way to Mangalore on jan 1st. had planned my dinner at Amanavana . Went to the restaurant and placed order for soup , starter and maincourse in the begining itself as were hoping to leave early. There were three more tables which got occupied, one after we came. Placed the order exactly at 8 30PM. And we sat there chatting. At around 9 few foreigners came and they were placed at a table close to where we sat. few minutes later a Indian lady joins them.And moments later food started arriving at their table. 9 15 pm, food still arriving at their table . our table and the table next to us where two elderly couple sat still was empty. somewhere around 9 20 or so our mocktails arrived after asking the waiter twice. Politely i asked him how come so long. He says there are few foreigners hosted by MD and they are our priority guests and our food is ready and we ll serve now . I was kind of taken back by his blunt answer. Kept quite and thought cant help priority at times. 9 30 came and went, 9 45 came and went . Then i called the waiter and told him we have to still travel far so kindly to start getting our food. And he went in. Meanwhile the elderly lady sitting in the next table got up angrily and went straight into the kitchen door to find why the food was getting late. A person on the next table to her had an argument with the waiter for bringing the food late and that too which was undercooked. Finally at 10pm , one and a half hours later my patience ran out i summoned the waiter again and asked him to get my soup (cream of veg soup ,one by two) , he ran inside ,another 2 or 3 mins later another waiter walks with a bowl and keeps in front of me. Its an almost cold veg clear soup and one in quantity. I felt so sick about these people i told the waiter , its been one and a half hours since we came and after making us wait for so long you have the audacity to say that they have to serve the foreigners and not us and then bring a cold soup which we had not asked for. Just because you have some foreigners you ignore your own people. I asked him to cancel all the orders and get the bill , which came within 2 minutes. We had to go back to Kushalnagar searching for a restaurant at 10 20 in the night.
Through the entire process MD who was sitting with the foreigners did not have the courtesy to speak to any one of us to explain the situation to which i would ve certainly obliged. Such Arrogance.
Imagine you go there with your family and end up hearing we cannot serve because some foreigners are their priority. And at that time of the night. They could ve told us at the begining itself that restaurant would not be serving today . We Would ve the option to go else where.

Sad , because until 1947 our people struggled because priority was given to them when they landed on our soil. Today again we end up kissing their butt.
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Amanvana eight island luxury resort, Bad experience.

Sad to hear about it yet again.

This is so common in places like Goa, Pondicherry etc. which is frequented a lot by foreigners.
Actually in Goa, from what I saw an experienced, they almost treat us Indians almost like untouchables.

I had to go to Taj West End in Bangalore for a dinner. I could see the way they were treating us Indians from the security at the entrance gate till the waiter who takes food orders. Very sad!
Old 6th January 2012, 17:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Dr, Please post details on location of this hotel, will help BHPians to avoid the place in future. Ignoring the guest whether Indian or foreigner is an unpardonable mistake
Old 6th January 2012, 17:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

dont worry, your job is done doc - if any innocent tourist indian/phoren! googles for this name in future - this will turn up and turn down his/her dreams of going here...
Old 10th January 2012, 11:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Dr i can understand how it feels! been in such situation couple of times but i never waited for more then 20mins....i wonder why did you wait for 1 hour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkakkilaya View Post

Sad , because until 1947 our people struggled because priority was given to them when they landed on our soil. Today again we end up kissing their butt.
Well only a segment of people struggled while the rest were busy licking!
lohithrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 11:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Damn. And you have some great patience waiting for one and half hours for a soup! I remember one time when an elderly person simply threw a glass on the floor shattering it, and announced loudly "if I don't get my food in next 10 minutes, another one is going to break!"

I understand that when one goes with family, he is not in mood or preparation for such treatment. I suggest a 15 minute window henceforth. If your first item (unless it is very exquisite) has not arrived by 15th minute, simply give memo that you will leave in next 10 mins. I usually have a 5 minute window for waiter attention, then 15 min for first warning, and next 10 for leaving. Nobody except family deserve a waiting time more than 30 minutes combined.

And this boot licking of foreigners is truly disgusting. I saw similar in Jaisalmer too. Guess the 'worship the saheb' mentality is too hard coded in some people.
Old 10th January 2012, 12:13   #7
BHPian

I was denied politely that there are no rooms available in 2 boutique hotels in Udaipur - the ones rated highly in trip advisor. Simple reason - they entertain foreigners only!
Old 10th January 2012, 12:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfyre View Post
Sad to hear about it yet again.

This is so common in places like Goa, Pondicherry etc. which is frequented a lot by foreigners.
Actually in Goa, from what I saw an experienced, they almost treat us Indians almost like untouchables.

I had to go to Taj West End in Bangalore for a dinner. I could see the way they were treating us Indians from the security at the entrance gate till the waiter who takes food orders. Very sad!
I would like to disagree with whatever you have stated. Maybe some people get treated in that way and I dont want to offer my opinion on why. I have presonally never encountered any such situation and have always been treated exceptionally well, even if we were the only indians in the joint.

Personally, I feel it depends a lot on the way one carries themselves, the attitude, the courtesy one shows, dressing sense and so on.
Old 10th January 2012, 12:56   #9
BHPian

i have faced this situation in a lot of 5 star hotels in bangalore, recently i was at the sheraton for dinner & it took them half an hour to address us for the order though the resturant was not too busy.there was a foreigner sitting on the next table & he was attended by 3 waiters & every 5 mins he was asked if he was comfortable,i dont want to make a issue of it but its clear,the foreigner's bill was atleast 15k,with lot of alcohol,non veg & salad & my bill was 1k with dal roti & rice now you tell me who has to get a better treatment
Old 10th January 2012, 13:06   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I would like to disagree with whatever you have stated. Maybe some people get treated in that way and I dont want to offer my opinion on why. I have presonally never encountered any such situation and have always been treated exceptionally well, even if we were the only indians in the joint.

Personally, I feel it depends a lot on the way one carries themselves, the attitude, the courtesy one shows, dressing sense and so on.
hi
sorry to say this but this kind of things is not acceptable
you go good place you are also a customer paying money
why you should deserve bad service
but this mainly happens to indians only this bad things
i have this experience in china also in indian resturant
so , only sad i feel is indian treating another indians in this manner is not normal
Old 10th January 2012, 13:26   #11
BHPian

Very sorry to hear about your experience "thedreamcatcher". My wife and I stayed there for New Years and had an awesome time. No complains. Maybe they just got laid-back after the peak. The MD is Kavya Madappa incase you want to write to her at kavya.madappa@amanvanaspa.com
Old 11th January 2012, 04:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da MotorHead
Very sorry to hear about your experience "thedreamcatcher". My wife and I stayed there for New Years and had an awesome time. No complains. Maybe they just got laid-back after the peak. The MD is Kavya Madappa incase you want to write to her at kavya.madappa@amanvanaspa.com
That madappa was sitting with the foreigners next table and did not ve the courtesy to explain the situation. Its not worth writing bro.
Old 11th January 2012, 13:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
only sad i feel is indian treating another indians in this manner is not normal
Unfortunately this happens more often than not in many restaurants which are frequented by Foreigners. The main reason for this kind of behaviour from hotel staff, I believe, is because of an expectation of huge tips from foreigners for any service they provide.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks