Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2006, 01:30   #16
BHPian

sad indeed.. i swear.. you should have wacked those people..
Old 18th March 2006, 09:26   #17
BHPian

they ought to pay ..........even if they arent rich ...they gotta pay
Old 18th March 2006, 09:29   #18
BHPian

dont man handle...please but take serious action
Old 18th March 2006, 11:37   #19
BHPian

Hey sad to hear man.

But u dont leave those people without paying the damages.

Similar kinda things happened in my society & the society paid the damages in some time.

Take Care.
Old 18th March 2006, 12:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Could not digest even reading it. Thats very sad.
Old 18th March 2006, 13:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

That really sucks dude. :( Take care. And make those b***ers pay.
Old 19th March 2006, 14:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

well, talked to the society chairman today, and my dad was as cool as ever. but then, my dad doesn't get angry like me. anyways, the idiot of a chairman rambled on about how his son crashed his indica while driving drunk, and kept saying he "understood" what i felt...that stupid son of a gun...like it's the same thing...!!
anyways, he told us to go ahead with the repairs, and that he would put up the bills in the committee, and would "help" us in all possible ways...!!!
i have told my dad-CRAP..!!! no "help-shelp" ...the stupid guys HAVE to pay; my emotional damages are far more than monetary.
i'm going to give the car for repairs tomorrow. shall keep you all posted. thanks for all the concern, guys. it is in times like these that you feel the warmth of a like-minded family...
Old 19th March 2006, 16:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

I understand,veyron.

Its a good thing that we don't carry guns with us.
Old 19th March 2006, 19:29   #24
BHPian

Hey veyron, send the society a letter, with a detailed account of what happened, dates, times, persons present, photographs if you have them.
Put on record the meeting you have had with the chairman. Inform them the estimate of the repairs. Ask them to confirm in writing that they will pay the bills. When you hand over this letter, get them to acknowledge receipt on your copy of the letter, alongwith the society stamp.
This is required if they refuse to pay and you have to go to court eventually.
Old 19th March 2006, 23:39   #25
BHPian

Hopefully, insurance covers it all and you are good.. I would really doubt whether private societies can foot damages > 10K (which is what this looks like on first impression)

But, still, I know it is a pain to wait for the week or so it is going to take to fix your baby.. Take care dude..!

Last edited by kgc_cool : 19th March 2006 at 23:41.
Old 20th March 2006, 01:04   #26
BHPian

I was just wondering if your Society has the requisite permission to cut down the tree, because as far as I know , to cut down a tree in Delhi , you need to have pemission from a couple of Govt. Authorities.
Maybe you can ask the Society president/secy. abut this and that would make your case even more stronger a.k.a more bargaining power in your hands.

PS: Whatever happened to your 'baby' is extremely sad and I can understand the utter frustation and helplessness that you may have felt.
Old 20th March 2006, 19:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Damaged again...

gave my wheels for the work today, and guess what; the story of my crappy society residents do not end at the tree-cutting fiasco. i checked up on my car till yesterday evening, and it seemed to be in the same condition as it it was on friday. but, today morning, as soon as i got down to take the car to the workshop- HORROR OF HORRORS- i received another heart attack; my heart winced in pain as i looked at the rear right door. i can't quite put it into words....

i was put off for the entire day today. BUT, i gave this damage as insurance claim too, so whatever charges are put to us, we'll directly pass it on to the society; but again, the damages are more emotional than just monetary...

and guess what; we came up with a novel idea to make the society pay up; we're just gonna cut off the maintenance charges until the costs are covered up- no need for them to pay up any cash. and if they resist, i'll make sure they go through hell until the end of time. my dad's TOO decent a guy to pick up petty fights, but i'll see to it that they get a taste of my bitter side...
Old 21st March 2006, 11:03   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Buddy, i know how it feels to have u r car damaged specially when its not ur fault. But by the way i see it u r taking it a bit too hard, chillout a bit...these things happen u have to understand that rather that get so emotional aboout it...just remember it all can be repaired back to its original state...its a car afterall.
Hope all gets sorted out in ur favour.
Old 21st March 2006, 12:22   #29
Team-BHP Support

Hey, there is only one thing I am wondering about. When I read the incident I also felt why not stop the payment of the society dues till you recover the money. But then I stopped short of it because I realized that there may be some legal ramifications of doing such a thing... especially if the matter goes to litigation. Non payment of dues will very certainly take the matters to the court as the society will file for the dues.

Now unless you have taken a lien on the society-dues I am not so sure whether you can offset your losses (even if caused by the negligence of the society's agents) against the dues payable by you to the society.

However, if it indeed reaches the court ever, you will have a very strong case for getting monetory compensation from the society for the loss caused due to the negligence on their part (they did not have an overseer when the work was being done by the laborers) as well as the mental agony that you went through.

So cheer up
Old 21st March 2006, 16:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

@sahil; well, yes, i AM taking it a bit too hard; i know. but you see, some people consider "cars" as just "cars", and some people consider them equivalent human beings. i belong to the latter category...just ask any parsi about his feelings regarding his car, and you'll know... and especially when cars run through my family, i'm a li'l more emotional and enthusiastic about wheels....

@zappo; if things DO reach the court, THEY will be in a soup too, because we will file against them as well- endangering lives, damaging personal property, and causing harm to environment by cutting trees, without taking necessary precautions and permissions- are just a few of the charges i'm planning to lodge against them...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks