Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 19:12   #1
BHPian

THINK! always wear a seatbelt

Found this while educating some of my friends. Please spread around.

akshay380 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 19:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: THINK! always wear a seatbelt

I think the second video is a test of virtue, where one has to fee sad and not laugh as to how the girl perfectly exits through the window Sorry about the cruel laugh, but you have to give credit to that car maker to make such perfect 'emergency exit' seats!
Old 10th January 2012, 05:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

This is a very good video and post, i always wear seat belt even if i am going to drive at a speed of 20. Now my job is to educate my daughter to properly sit at the back with seat belts on.

Kids/parents in India take liberty when it comes to car safety.
Old 10th January 2012, 07:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
This is a very good video and post, i always wear seat belt even if i am going to drive at a speed of 20. Now my job is to educate my daughter to properly sit at the back with seat belts on.

Kids/parents in India take liberty when it comes to car safety.
+1 to that. I make it a rule to have the seatbelts on once I am inside the car and ensure again before I switch the igntion on.

On the contrary my son seating at the back reminds me always to put on the seatbelt whereas wife sitting in the front sometimes obliges, sometimes not (Depending on the mood) although I make it a point to remind her everytime about the seatbelt.
Old 10th January 2012, 10:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

There's another style of wearing a seatbelt, common with the ladies, i.e. to hold the seatbelt with hand at a distance so as to not spoil the dress with any crease/crush caused by it. Not all know that this style of wearing the seatbelt compromises the very functioning of it.
Old 10th January 2012, 10:27   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
There's another style of wearing a seatbelt, common with the ladies, i.e. to hold the seatbelt with hand at a distance so as to not spoil the dress with any crease/crush caused by it. Not all know that this style of wearing the seatbelt compromises the very functioning of it.
I come from a village in Goa(still enjoying its *Susegad* lifestyle). recently I gifted my parents our first car, moms reaction to wearing seatbelt was that it looks uncool coz no one from her social circle wears one. She changed for good after showing this and couple of blood soaked videos.
Old 20th May 2016, 14:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Found this story of Nupoor Kajbaje on FB, who had go through hard-ship of pain - https://www.facebook.com/thanehumans...59778937400364. Can't say when tragedy will hit and things will go bad. Be prepared to reduce the damage, wear seat-belts.
Quote:
23rd September 2015, midnight, I was on my way back home from office. Sitting in a taxi I was listening to music and checking mails. I had no clue that my cab driver was falling asleep on the wheels. As we reached Navghar, he hit a dumper. Before I could realise what had happened… from the back seat I flew to the front, breaking through the wind shield.
What followed was a nightmare.
PS: She clarified that she couldn't find the rear seat belts in that cab.

Last edited by msdivy : 20th May 2016 at 14:13.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 13:17   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's a nice crash-test video that shows exactly how badly the front seat occupants are harmed by unbelted rear passengers.

Compare the two occupants on the left of the car (i.e. closer to the camera) who are unbelted, to the two occupants in the background who are wearing their seatbelts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor-whiskey View Post
Found this video on Facebook and thought about sharing it
Good post - I've found the same video on YouTube that I've shared above (YT videos can be viewed inline).

Last edited by arunphilip : 18th March 2017 at 13:18.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks