Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2012, 15:59   #1
BHPian

Chennai Bangalore Expressway - Proposed

Bangalore-Chennai expressway could have Japanese role - The Times of India

Proposed Chennai Bangalore Expressway inline with Bardoa Ahmedabad Expressway ??

To reduce the travel time between two cities to 2 hours .

Mods : Sorry can you move it to the correct forum

Last edited by Marlon : 13th January 2012 at 16:02. Reason: Wrong forum
Marlon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 23:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chennai Bangalore Expressway - Proposed

This is good news for a lot of people.

I have just one wish - i hope they keep the speed limit at 120 kmph as mentioned. I hope they dont reduce the same to 60/80 kmph like how its on the Mumbai-Pune expressway if some under-tyred small car's tyre bursts.

It is the responsibility of the driver to understand his car and what limit is safe for his car. Because of te foolishness of under-tyred drivers, people with better rubber are penalized.

P.S. : I drive a santro with stock tyres at 80-90 kmph on highways.
Old 14th January 2012, 01:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

How will they reduce the distance between the cities to just 250 kms? Currently it is around 350 kms, will they build completely new roads then? How practical is that?

I suspect this project would see the light of the day!
Old 14th January 2012, 05:12   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This would be excellent if it comes true in this lifetime.
I dont know really because all those chaps who own land along the highway will be the first to object and have hartals and morchas and whatnot.
Considering it has taken ages for that Bangalore - Mysore road to come up!
At least the current BLR- MADRAS road neatly bypasses all those towns like Vellore and so on, in the middle. I wonder why the same logic wasnt applied for towns like Mandya and Maddur and Ramnagara etc on the Bangalore - Mysore stretch.
Old 14th January 2012, 06:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

I guess this is just been proposed, on the other hand when we travelled end of December i saw work going on in 8 laneing (4 lanes each way) of the current expressway. Increasing the current number of lanes should do enough good to cut travel time and there is no need to invest hugh fund to build another one.

Anyone has any idea on the 8 laneing project?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 14th January 2012 at 07:00.
Old 14th January 2012, 08:48   #6
J.Ravi

Moderators: This topic is already under discussion in the following thread to which this thread could be merged: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2569634

Last edited by J.Ravi : 14th January 2012 at 08:59.

Old 14th January 2012, 14:46   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ J Ravi : Thanks for pointing that out. However, since the older thread is a multi-page route query discussion, we can let this important announcement have its own thread.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2012, 16:46   #8
Team-BHP Support

There already exist 2 routes between Bangalore and Chennai : the GQ and NH4.

What is the need for a 3rd one? They could just expand the one through Hosur or Chittor to a 6-lane or a 8-lane. Although the one through Chittor isn't even complete 4-lane yet!

And yes, if they start planning now, it would be at least 10 years until it is operational. But toll would begin soon
Old 14th January 2012, 17:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Considering it has taken ages for that Bangalore - Mysore road to come up!
At least the current BLR- MADRAS road neatly bypasses all those towns like Vellore and so on, in the middle. I wonder why the same logic wasnt applied for towns like Mandya and Maddur and Ramnagara etc on the Bangalore - Mysore stretch.
What I understand is that Bangalore-Mysore express-way to be built by NICE is not the 4 lane highway which is presently there. But since there is no news of the express way, I am suspecting if both are same. Any thoughts?
Old 14th January 2012, 17:34   #10
BANNED

You're right. The present 4 lane highway is different from this new NICE Road but work hasnt really begun on that so Im guessing we might get to drive it when we are all old and grey!
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
What I understand is that Bangalore-Mysore express-way to be built by NICE is not the 4 lane highway which is presently there. But since there is no news of the express way, I am suspecting if both are same. Any thoughts?
Old 14th January 2012, 19:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're right. The present 4 lane highway is different from this new NICE Road but work hasnt really begun on that so Im guessing we might get to drive it when we are all old and grey!
cheers
Not true work is almost complete but there are some areas that are still under litigation (thanks to Devegowda). once that is cleared it is just a matter of couple of years before you see that road is operational. I suggest you drive on NICE road at clover intersection towards Mysore to get a flavour of how far it has progressed.
Old 14th January 2012, 21:10   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Not true work is almost complete but there are some areas that are still under litigation (thanks to Devegowda). once that is cleared it is just a matter of couple of years before you see that road is operational. I suggest you drive on NICE road at clover intersection towards Mysore to get a flavour of how far it has progressed.
This is something which I always wanted to know, but could never find. I have seen trucks go through on the NICE towards Mysore side , but again did not know how far they went.

On the expressway between Chennai-BLR, the plan has been there for a long time. But I am not sure how acute is the need. On the GQ side the problem areas are BLR-Krishnagiri and Chennai-Kanchi.

Other than building a new highway, if the govt can find solutions on these fronts, I think, that would be more helpful. NH4 4-laning is already happening. Once complete we will have 2 4-lane systems. Is another expressway needed?
Old 14th January 2012, 23:02   #13
BHPian

So where are the entry & exit points going to be for the respective cities? Right now upto 30 kms of stretch on exit & entry routes of both cities are clogged with Heavy vehicles, company buses and truck laybyes.

If they dont get this aspect right no matter how many lanes they make a bottleneck will remain a bottleneck.
Old 15th January 2012, 07:39   #14
BANNED

Where is this Clover intersection?Is it the big junction before Mysore with the left turn leading towards Mahadevpura?

I normally take the Ashok Kheny created - NICE road from the Hosur Road in Bangalore, cross the Bannerghatta area with Gottigere on my right and the road to the Big Rock on my left and go right upto the exit on the Mysore Road when I go in that direction. The rest of the highway to Mysore is the old highway which has been 4 laned these last 6 years ago or so but which still goes through all those horrid little towns like Bidadi, Ramnagaram, Channapatna, Maddur, Mandya etc with their unruly traffic and even more unruly characters who kick up a ruckus every now and then.

Where is this new highway to Mysore to Bangalore? I am surprised that I have no clue about it at all!!

I have also used the Nelamangala-Hassan road several times and that is also a wonderful surface and great road. From Hassan one can buzz off to Coorg through Gorur, Arkalgud and reach Belur, Somwarpet etc should one wish to. But last time I used it, that approach road to Coorg wasnt all that great. I vastly prefer the main Mysore-Madikeri stretch because it is a proper highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Old 15th January 2012, 07:53   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Where is this Clover intersection?Is it the big junction before Mysore with the left turn leading towards Mahadevpura?

Where is this new highway to Mysore to Bangalore? I am surprised that I have no clue about it at all!!
After Kanakpura exit on the NICE and before Mysore road exit, you should see a big structure with an exit for Mysore.
This is the supposed express-way exit. But how far that road runs, I have no idea.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks