Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2012, 18:10   #1
BHPian

Tracking roads done

I'm sure many of us here take pride in recollecting all the places we visited/all the roads we took etc.

I carry a South India paper Map and as and when I take a new road, I draw over the stretches of the road on that map with a pencil/marker to keep track of what roads I've ever traveled on ( or to give a shot of ego-booster to yourself, looking at all the roads you've done so far )

This is has become quite combersome and the map has become unreadable/soiled! Does anyone do this - if so, what's the preferred tool ?

Facebook timeline offers a map, but it doesn't have all the places, worse, you cannot mark roads, only places. Google maps has restrictions on how many destinations you add to a single map I guess.

Mods : please move thread if not the appropriate section.
Old 13th January 2012, 18:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

airguitar, you'll find many people who loves to keep a track of the places traveled by. Count me in too. In fact, I even mark the roads which are not present on Google Maps using Google MapMaker.

If you by any chance own a Android device, you may try an app by the name My Tracks which helps one to record the GPS logs.

In case, if you're very passionate about keeping a track of the roads and places visited, you may think of buying a dedicated GPS device to record the GPS logs.

EDIT: I finished doing a quick research online and it seems like I've a solution for you which won't cost you even a penny.

I suggest you to go through the links shared below to know more about the solution.

I hope this helps

Last edited by Klub Class : 13th January 2012 at 18:42.
Klub Class is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 04:03   #3
BHPian

Re: Tracking roads done

.... Or You can just use Google latitude and enable history from your desktop by going to latitude.google.com . Pretty neat. I have my past 2 years of route history from my Android GPS phone.
amitwadhwa is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks