Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2012, 13:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Traffic Challan on a Sold Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
I didn't look at the documents recently, only thing I remember is the delivery note. Now that you mention it, when I reach home, I'll search for it. If I don't find any, looks like I have to visit the dealership, to get one such disclaimer (maybe they'll deny because it is one year old, but I'll take a chance), and pass on the fine notice.

Well, What happened ? What's the update on your situation ? Hope it turned out ok for you.
Old 6th February 2012, 14:44   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I sold my Car to an individual in hyderabad 9 months back. The car has been transferred to the buyers name within a week and he got a separate registration card too in his name. Even the AP Vehicle registration site shows the new owners name against the Car number.

Some time back there was a traffic challan raised against him "Zebra / Stop Line Crossing" but its in my name when I checked in "Hyderabad Traffic E-Challan Status site".

Any idea about the reason behind this? Can I ignore or any action from my side is required?
Old 17th February 2012, 10:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Any idea about the reason behind this? Can I ignore or any action from my side is required?
Better to send a letter to the Traffic Police intimating the status of the car with photo copies of relevant sale documents. Send it by Regd. Post with acknowledgement.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks