Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 18:31   #361
BHPian

Re: Review of the Yashwantrao Chavan Expressway (Mumbai-Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
G

Road condition was good.
Some lanes on the road (just before the tunnel-where landslide has occured) were closed.

Travel safe,
Did the landslide happen on the tracks from Pune to Mumbai ? Are these the ones closed ?
Old 22nd July 2015, 20:49   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Did the landslide happen on the tracks from Pune to Mumbai ? Are these the ones closed ?
Landslide happened on 3 lanes of the Pune-Mumbai track, but debris also went on to 1 lane on Mumbai-Pune track.

Besides, landslide prone areas are such that, both side traffic could easily get affected.

Ace.
driverace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 07:52   #363
Team-BHP Support

Taken from Indian Express today -

"According to authorities, between 11 am till 4 pm every day, vehicles heading towards Mumbai from Pune will be diverted from the Anda Point on Expressway to Magic Point on the Old Highway. The vehicle will travel through Khopoli on the Old Highway and will return to E-Way near Khalapur.

Similarly, for vehicles coming from Mumbai to Pune, will have to take a diversion from Khopoli Exit Point on the E-Way to Khopoli on the Old Highway, returning to E-Way at HOC Bridge".

Which one is this HOC Bridge?

Source - http://indianexpress.com/article/cit...ne-expressway/
Old 25th July 2015, 14:22   #364
BHPian

I just returned today morning after doing Pune - Mumbai - Pune. Here are some updates :
1. Post 11 am cars are being diverted from Lonavla on the Pune Mumbai leg and from the Khopoli exit on the Mumbai Pune leg. Traffic is absolutely horrible. It took me 2 hours to crawl through Lonavla before joining the old highway on my way to Mumbai. Its a single lane road and there are lots of morons creating new lanes on the left and right which makes things worse.

2. Even if you do leave pre 11 am or post 5 pm, there is a constant traffic jam near the Lonavla ghat as there are only 3 lanes open for both directions near the affected tunnel.

Expect to spend 4-7 hours on most days ! I would advise anyone taking the route to stock your car with sufficient supplies of water and at least a bit of food. It only takes one truck to breakdown in this state to bring the whole thing to a halt.
Old 25th July 2015, 15:24   #365
BHPian

Left from Pune at 5 AM today and reached Thane at 11.30 AM. Unless unavoidable, don't even think of driving down the e-way.
prateekm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 16:26   #366
Team-BHP Support

Status of traffic on the expressway. Terrible would be an understatement:

Shared by bhpian amit_zen

Review of the Yashwantrao Chavan Expressway (Mumbai-Pune)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1437821671.683049.jpg

Review of the Yashwantrao Chavan Expressway (Mumbai-Pune)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1437821696.396195.jpg

Review of the Yashwantrao Chavan Expressway (Mumbai-Pune)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1437821729.837244.jpg

Review of the Yashwantrao Chavan Expressway (Mumbai-Pune)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1437821715.101768.jpg

Review of the Yashwantrao Chavan Expressway (Mumbai-Pune)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1437821753.559623.jpg
moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 01:46   #367
BHPian

Is the traffic any better on the old highway? I will be returning from Canada tomorrow (MOnday, 1:00 AM) early morning, was wondering if I should take the old highway? Or it would be more or less same situation there as well?
Old 26th July 2015, 21:40   #368
BHPian

Considering that old highway as well as Expressway is getting choked, would it be any better to go via Nagothane? From Pune, one can take the Chandni Chowk to Mulshi dam road to connect on the Cochin - Bombay NH17. There onwards, we can reach Panvel or the point where expressway ends.

If it is indeed taking 7 hours to reach on average, should this alternative route by tried out?
Old 27th July 2015, 12:22   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyawaghmare View Post
Considering that old highway as well as Expressway is getting choked, would it be any better to go via Nagothane? From Pune, one can take the Chandni Chowk to Mulshi dam road to connect on the Cochin - Bombay NH17. There onwards, we can reach Panvel or the point where expressway ends.

If it is indeed taking 7 hours to reach on average, should this alternative route by tried out?
Of course for fun purpose you can try, but I have a very strong hunch that the roads from Mulshi to Tamini will be in destroyed condition because of rains. Potholes and broken roads sap up a lot of energy (perhaps more than waiting in a jam)
Old 27th July 2015, 13:36   #370
Senior - BHPian

I will be travelling to Khandala on coming Thursday i.e 30th July. Does this mean that I have to change course at Khalapur toll, access the old NH and reach Khandala or I can use the E-way to reach the Khandala exit? How is the return stretch? Is the debris near the ill fated Adoshi tunnel cleared?

I will be twiddling my thumbs till the day of travel.
Old 27th July 2015, 13:44   #371
Senior - BHPian

Someone told me that there is no toll collected between 10 AM and 6 PM while the work is on. Isn't that nice for a change?
Old 29th July 2015, 16:12   #372
BHPian

Is there any updates on the traffic condition to Mumbai from Pune ? Im getting conflicting reports on the condition of the road. Im planning to drive on the 31st to Mumbai from Bangalore.
Old 29th July 2015, 17:16   #373
Senior - BHPian

Express way is closed between 10 am to 4 pm - as of yesterday.

If you want to travel on it, plan it in such a way to cross Lonavala / Khandala / Khopoli section before 10 am.
Old 30th July 2015, 15:34   #374
BHPian

It looks like the repair work or the debris clearing is taking a lot of time. Not only motorists but the local and other police teams are also feeling the pressure with each passing day.
See below report.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/48245450.cms
Old 4th August 2015, 14:14   #375
Senior - BHPian

Some more bad news for the commuters of the Pune Mumbai Expressway. Authorities have decided to shut off the e-way for 4 hours every day till August 10, 2015. The proposed timings for the e-way closure would be from noon to 4 pm. Furthermore one lane of the Mumbai bound carriageway will be totally shut for the next 3 months from August 11 for the repair works. This new directive is due to the recent landslides repeating on the last Saturday.

Quote:
At present, Mumbai-bound vehicles, especially LMVs, were being diverted from the Lonavala exit along the NH-4 highway, towards the Anda point junction from where they can reach Khopoli or join the Expressway ahead, while heavy vehicles were allowed towards Mumbai on one lane of the Pune carriageway. From Tuesday, one of the three lanes of the Pune-bound carriageway will be open for Mumbai-bound traffic, but only before 12 noon or after 4pm.

During the hours of the blockade, heavy vehicles will be completely barred from both the Expressway and the old highway, to ease movement for cars and other passenger vehicles.
Italian firm Maccaferri has been roped in for the repair works

More details in the link below:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/48337137.cms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks