Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2012, 11:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review of the Yashwantrao Chavan Expressway (Mumbai-Pune)

Has anyone tried getting on to the expressway to go towards Pune from Kalamboli. The entry road, rather there is no road only craters, to get onto the expressway is in horrible shape. And it has been this way for the last 2 years i guess based on my earlier experience.

Isn't this also the responsibility of the authorities maintaining the expressway?
Old 10th February 2012, 12:06   #32
BHPian

Our engineers still do not know how to make a road for slow moving heavy vehicles. They always get damaged very soon as they are made. May be they should try 500 mm thick concrete with hardener to make such sections of roads/ truck terminus, bus stations, etc.

Maintenance of YCEW by IRB is very shoddy and poor. Not only at Kalamboli it is seen everywhere.
1. They can not even replace the broken sections of Plastic speed breakers at toll plazas.
2. Many places protective railing (Crash barriers) damaged by vehicles are not replaced.
3. Fused light bulbs in Tunnels are not replaced.
4. Worn out Lane markings are not marked.

and many other points..

Still they collect toll..more than Rs. 1,50,00,000 every day.
Old 10th February 2012, 13:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

I think what needs to be done is to share this entire thread with the powers that may be in IRB or government. Some action needs to be taken. We can keep discussing it in the thread till eternity but then what is the outcome?
Old 10th February 2012, 14:02   #34
Senior - BHPian

I have lost any hopes of being able to see any kind of transparency or accountability. The recent spate of road repairations are only an eyewash because of the impending elections, IMO.

The road from Shil Phata to the Kalamboli circle is riddled with potholes and of late rumbling strips. It looks like every couple of kilometres there's a rumbling strip to slow you down. The road at Shil Phata, as at the Kalamboli entrance to the e-way, have been bad for years. I also tried to lodge a complaint at the IRB toll plaza between Kalamboli and Shil Phata, after being assured that higher officials look into the complaints. Well, no guesses for what has happened.

How about I get a VIP number, stick some political party stickers on the front and rear windshields and go about without paying toll? I must have already crossed the price of at least one of my cars in the toll I have paid.
Old 10th February 2012, 14:26   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I think what needs to be done is to share this entire thread with the powers that may be in IRB or government. Some action needs to be taken. We can keep discussing it in the thread till eternity but then what is the outcome?
Buddy do you really think they would even care?

Let me share this ..............

India is the world's largest democratic republic. With the advancement of Transport Systems, countries are identified on the basis of their "Roads". India has difficult road and traffic conditions. In this part of the world, "Roads" are not meant to commute from here to there, but the road themselves run from here to there.

Conditions of roads across India are not hidden. In the last 50 years, India's automobile population has grown 170 times while the road infrastructure has expanded only nine times. The country's vehicle population is over 5.5 crore and growing at a phenomenal rate of 25 lakh every year. Roads make up 4% of Kolkatta city as compared to 25% in Delhi and 30% in some other cities. Outside the metros, the main roads and other roads are poorly maintained and congested.

The main roads are narrow and in poor conditions, most of them lacking overpasses for intersecting roads. They are used for sleeping, walking and somewhere down the lane serve as "Temporary Shops". Vendors often encroach upon streets and block sidewalks, restricting traffic. In the last 50 years, India's automobile population has grown 170 times while the road infrastructure has expanded only nine times. While roads are widened to allow the increase in vehicle population, side-walks for pedestrians have shrunk. The pedestrian's right of way at zebra-crossings is something of a dream, making "Jay Walking" a common phenomenon.
Rightly said by some one "Sehar mai gaddha nahi, Ghaddhe mai shehar hai"
Old 10th February 2012, 14:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I have lost any hopes of being able to see any kind of transparency or accountability. The recent spate of road repairations are only an eyewash because of the impending elections, IMO.

The road from Shil Phata to the Kalamboli circle is riddled with potholes and of late rumbling strips. It looks like every couple of kilometres there's a rumbling strip to slow you down. The road at Shil Phata, as at the Kalamboli entrance to the e-way, have been bad for years. I also tried to lodge a complaint at the IRB toll plaza between Kalamboli and Shil Phata, after being assured that higher officials look into the complaints. Well, no guesses for what has happened.

How about I get a VIP number, stick some political party stickers on the front and rear windshields and go about without paying toll? I must have already crossed the price of at least one of my cars in the toll I have paid.

Bad Roads Reported by Users

S.No From To Status
193 Chennai Chennai Very Bad Road
192 Kanpur Delhi Very Bad Road
191 Pune Solapur Very Bad Road
190 Pune Solapur Very Bad Road
189 Pune Solapur Very Bad Road
188 Dehradun Saharanpur Bad Road All Dogged Up
187 Chennai Bangalore Bad Road All Dogged Up
186 Lucknow Allahabad Very Bad Road
184 Kochi Agra Bad Road But Car can Go
182 Nagpur Hyderabad Bad Road But Car can Go
181 Nagpur Hyderabad Bad Road But Car can Go
180 Kanpur Kanpur Very Bad Road
179 Belgaum Bhagalpur Very Bad Road
178 Chennai Chennai Very Bad Road
177 Chennai Chennai Very Bad Road
176 Chennai Chennai Very Bad Road
175 Chennai Chennai Very Bad Road
174 Chennai Chennai Very Bad Road
173 Shahjahanpur Bareilly Very Bad Road
172 Shahjahanpur Bareilly Bad Road All Dogged Up
171 Shahjahanpur Bareilly Bad Road All Dogged Up
170 Saharanpur Meerut Very Bad Road
169 Saharanpur Meerut Very Bad Road
168 Saharanpur Meerut Very Bad Road
166 Delhi Nashik Bad Road All Dogged Up
165 Bhopal Indore Bad Road All Dogged Up
164 Bhopal Indore Bad Road All Dogged Up
163 Bhopal Indore Bad Road All Dogged Up
162 Shahjahanpur Lucknow Very Bad Road
161 Shahjahanpur Lucknow Very Bad Road
160 Shahjahanpur Bareilly Bad Road But Car can Go
159 Shahjahanpur Bareilly Bad Road But Car can Go
158 Delhi Delhi Bad Road All Dogged Up
155 Bhagalpur Belgaum Very Bad Road
154 Thiruvananthapuram Chennai Very Bad Road
152 Jabalpur Bilaspur Bad Road But Car can Go
150 Sambalpur Ranchi Bad Road All Dogged Up
149 Sambalpur Ranchi Bad Road All Dogged Up
148 Allahabad Jabalpur Bad Road All Dogged Up
147 Bhubaneshwar Rohtak Very Bad Road
145 Hyderabad Guntur Bad Road All Dogged Up
144 Bhopal Allahabad Bad Road But Car can Go
143 Chennai Thanjavur Very Bad Road
142 Chennai Mumbai Very Bad Road
141 Solapur Hyderabad Bad Road But Car can Go
140 Solapur Hyderabad Bad Road But Car can Go
139 Solapur Hyderabad Bad Road But Car can Go
138 Solapur Hyderabad Bad Road But Car can Go
137 Pune Pune Very Bad Road
136 Bangalore Bellary Very Bad Road
134 Bhopal Nagpur Very Bad Road
133 Kozhikode Mangalore Very Bad Road
130 Rajkot Bhavnagar Bad Road All Dogged Up
129 Calcutta Siliguri Very Bad Road
127 Chennai Gulbarga Bad Road All Dogged Up
126 Chennai Gulbarga Bad Road All Dogged Up
125 Tiruchchirappalli Pondicherry Very Bad Road
124 Kochi Thiruvananthapuram Bad Road But Car can Go
123 Kochi Thiruvananthapuram Bad Road But Car can Go
122 Kochi Thiruvananthapuram Bad Road But Car can Go
120 Jalandhar Delhi Very Bad Road
119 Agra Barauni Very Bad Road
118 Chandigarh Hissar Bad Road All Dogged Up
117 Delhi Aligarh Bad Road All Dogged Up
116 Delhi Aligarh Bad Road All Dogged Up
115 Barauni Bareilly Very Bad Road
114 Barauni Bareilly Very Bad Road
113 Chennai Chennai Bad Road But Car can Go
112 Calcutta Siliguri Very Bad Road
111 Mumbai Pune Very Bad Road
108 Ajmer Udaipur Very Bad Road
105 Vijayawada Hyderabad Very Bad Road
104 Gangtok Siliguri Very Bad Road
103 Ranchi Jamshedpur Bad Road All Dogged Up
101 Chennai Chandigarh Very Bad Road
100 Vadodara Indore Bad Road All Dogged Up
99 Jabalpur Ahmedabad Very Bad Road
98 Jabalpur Ahmedabad Very Bad Road
97 Hyderabad Panaji Very Bad Road
96 Thrissur Coimbatore Very Bad Road
95 Panaji Pune Bad Road All Dogged Up
94 Bhopal Pune Very Bad Road
92 Aurangabad Aurangabad Bad Road All Dogged Up
91 Ghaziabad Meerut Very Bad Road
90 Ghaziabad Meerut Very Bad Road
89 Ghaziabad Meerut Very Bad Road
88 Ghaziabad Meerut Very Bad Road
86 Shimla Bilaspur Very Bad Road
85 Delhi Delhi Bad Road All Dogged Up
84 Pune Thane Very Bad Road
82 Kochi Thiruvananthapuram Bad Road All Dogged Up
81 Kochi Thiruvananthapuram Bad Road All Dogged Up
80 Delhi Thane Bad Road Only Two Wheeler
79 Calcutta Siliguri Very Bad Road
78 Calcutta Shillong Very Bad Road
77 Calcutta Shillong Very Bad Road
76 Chennai Chennai Very Bad Road
75 Ranchi Panaji Bad Road But Car can Go
74 Ranchi Panaji Bad Road But Car can Go
73 Delhi Jaipur Bad Road But Car can Go
72 Jodhpur Jaipur Very Bad Road
71 Kota Jaipur Very Bad Road
70 Belgaum Barauni Bad Road Only Two Wheeler
68 Hyderabad Vijayawada Bad Road But Car can Go
67 Belgaum Panaji Very Bad Road
66 Jodhpur Ajmer Bad Road All Dogged Up
64 Gurgaon Gurgaon Bad Road All Dogged Up
62 Bangalore Salem Very Bad Road
61 Chennai Chennai Very Bad Road
60 Delhi Agra Bad Road But Car can Go
59 Jaipur Delhi Very Bad Road
58 Siliguri Calcutta Bad Road All Dogged Up
57 Indore Ahmedabad Very Bad Road
56 Ahmedabad Indore Very Bad Road
54 Indore Ahmedabad Very Bad Road
53 Indore Ahmedabad Very Bad Road
52 Coimbatore Chennai Bad Road But Car can Go
51 Coimbatore Chennai Very Bad Road
50 Coimbatore Chennai Very Bad Road
49 Kozhikode Mangalore Bad Road But Car can Go
48 Rajkot Porbandar Very Bad Road
47 Porbandar Porbandar Very Bad Road
46 Krishnagiri Pondicherry Bad Road All Dogged Up
45 Siliguri Guwahati Very Bad Road
43 Delhi Delhi Bad Road All Dogged Up
41 Hyderabad Warangal Bad Road But Car can Go
40 Pathankot Chandigarh Very Bad Road
39 Pathankot Chandigarh Very Bad Road
38 Pathankot Chandigarh Very Bad Road
37 Pathankot Chandigarh Very Bad Road
36 Pathankot Chandigarh Very Bad Road
35 Pathankot Chandigarh Very Bad Road
34 Pathankot Chandigarh Very Bad Road
33 Kanpur Lucknow Bad Road But Car can Go
32 Lucknow Kanpur Bad Road But Car can Go
31 Imphal Dimapur Very Bad Road
30 Mangalore Kozhikode Very Bad Road
29 Chennai Agra Very Bad Road
27 Dhanbad Ranchi Very Bad Road
26 Dhanbad Ranchi Very Bad Road
25 Aurangabad Aurangabad Very Bad Road
22 Delhi Jalandhar Very Bad Road
21 Kanpur Aligarh Bad Road Only Two Wheeler
20 Kanpur Aligarh Bad Road Only Two Wheeler
16 Saharanpur Delhi Bad Road All Dogged Up
15 Saharanpur Delhi Bad Road All Dogged Up
14 Bareilly Belgaum Bad Road All Dogged Up
12 Pune Nashik Very Bad Road
3 Jammu Srinagar Bad Road But Car can Go
2 Jodhpur Jaipur Bad Road But Car can Go
1 Thanjavur Madurai Bad Road But Car can Go
Old 11th February 2012, 01:04   #37
Senior - BHPian

This is Sad,

this expressway is still my dream ride from the very first moment i saw it way back in 2003. I still remember the well lit roads and tunnels and the excellent markings on the road too. I was planning to do this stretch as part of my trip from Bangalore to mumbai sometime in July and still have hopes of doing this, just hope that they carry out some major repair works and yes of course reduce the toll
Old 11th February 2012, 07:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
Bad Roads Reported by Users

S.No From To Status
193 Chennai Chennai Very Bad Road
Where is this list taken from?

Also the authorities don't care is obvious else we would not be discussing it here. My only point was that we continuing our rants only serves the purpose of venting our frustration.

Last edited by amitwlele : 11th February 2012 at 07:12.
Old 11th February 2012, 11:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Where is this list taken from?

Also the authorities don't care is obvious else we would not be discussing it here. My only point was that we continuing our rants only serves the purpose of venting our frustration.
Google "Two For the Road" you will find it there. Its a really pathetic state of affairs in India. Hell for the person who Lives to drive ;-)
Safe Driving Buddy
Old 11th February 2012, 18:41   #40
Senior - BHPian

Folks i had this question in my mind for a long time.

Why is the bridge prone to accidents on the expressway called the Amrutanjan bridge.

One person told me that many years ago there used to be a huge neon sign at that place for Amrutanjan balm hence the name. Is that correct? I don't think that sign is there anymore unless i missed it.
Old 11th February 2012, 21:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

In the US, traffic rules and their importance is taught from Playschool / kindergarten level itself. The actual driving lessons in high school and subsequent driving tests etc only reinforce what has been ingrained in people's minds since they were 4~6 years old. What we need is education at the right time and reinforcement of that knowledge as time goes by.

What the govt. / police can go is to ensure strict implementation of traffic rules, starting with drivers of Police and government vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
But most countries have a very comprehensive set of rules of driving, with written classes, parallel parking training etc so unless the Indian RTOs introduce these here, we will always have unruly driving on our roads. We should not blame the average cab driver or bus driver, 'they simply do not know ' !!!

With Indian roads becoming better and faster, it is high time the police /govt introduce the international standards of driving. It would benefit us all be better citizens.

At the point mentioned by you the old highway is beng used as it were. The road designers could neither cut the rock face nor remove the support pillar of the Amrutanjan bridge.

Further if the heavy vehicle takes that turn from the left most point then 8 times out of 10 they are un able to take the immediate left turn that follows. This is the reason one sees many a truck stuck next to the rock face on the other side with broken drive shafts or stuck for lack of momentum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The section where there is a diversion for the light and heavy vehicle is the most dangerous spot as most of the times the heavy vehicles enter the lane meant for the light vehicles. The naming is altogether wrong since the heavy vehicle who are supposed to in the left most lane have to move towards right to pass through the section meant for heavy vehicles and vioce versa for the light vehicles. Many times I have wondered what was the logic behind this wrong markings.
More than maintaining the speeds it is a case of people not maintaining their vehicles. If we were to go around in our building compounds atleast 80%+ of the cars will have either worn out tires or non functional lights and 100% owners of these vehicles will not see these as potentially fatal problems.

As for the 'blinkers on in tunnels & rains' in another thread on the forum this absurd driving behaviour was zealously defended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I feel when people cant maintain speed limits of 80 how the hell can they maintain at 120?

Also during the monsoons (an generally) due to the absence of proper lighting inside the tunnels the risk of accidents increase tremendously with some drivers exhibiting a strange behaviour of travelling through the tunnels keeping the hazard lights on.

Veerji why blame the illiterate villagers who were supposed to have been running the show at these malls. To begin with the tenders were cornered by the local politician/investor mafia and as the years have gone by 'who is who' of the state's big wigs are now benefitting from the operations. You are expected to pay so as to help maintain these bade log's lifestyles. Why this kolaveri saar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi, I am not talking about anything other then the food malls on the expressway.
The rates here are very high,and there is no one to check that as most of these food malls belong to those dirty local politicians or nearby illiterate villagers who are looting the motorists.
Every one who is responsible to keep an eye on these malls are on their PAYROLLS with regular HAFTAS.
The staff and attendents here are very rude,arrogant they even have a Mac donald with same type of staff.
I avoid stopping on the way to pune and back.

Aaah at long last the most valid comment on this thread. Kudos n_c
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I seriously think that the people in power have their brains in their backsides !

Another lane ! where? All of the land right alongside the expressway has been sold many times over. Or maybe this was by design and now the same land that should have been reserved for future expansion etc. will be bought back at rates that are exponentially higher than the original rate at which the same land was acquired to begin with.

As for the tunnel from Sinhgad to Khopoli, I believe this is a revival of the original road plan that was rejected by the environment ministry. That plan had proposed by passing the original ghat section as well as the Lonavala/Khandala section. If this goes through then we will see the Xpressway's ghat section itself taking off to the right hand side after the Khalapur toll and rejoining the current expressway beyond the Sinhgad institute. The real benefit besides avoiding the merger with the old highway will be that the new gradients will be less steep and easier to negotiate, as was originally planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
Now I have heard that government plans to add another lane to the entire expressway. They should consider adding additional one lane in the ghat section. and while making bridges they should keep margin to add another lane in future. Current bridges are restricted to three lanes each way. How they are going to add one more lane remains to be seen.

There is another proposal to build tunnels from Sinhgad institute to Khopoli. That is surely good idea but they should make each tunnel at least 6 lanes and third four tunnel as relief lane.

See my post above on Amrutanjan bridge as well as upkeep of private vehicles.

As for bodies akin to NTSB, there is one which exists here in Dilli. The BRT corridors are their brain child and be thankful that the expressway has not caught their eye as yet. Ask people who are enjoying the benefits of the BRT corridor for elaborate details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Some one studied amrutanjan bridge and conclusion was the area near that brigde has some spots which induce stress in drivers ( not sure what to call it on medical terms ).

Overloaded trucks struggle to climb and Cars, SUV's play cat & mouse

Accidents are increasing , but do we have a Body like NTSB ( USA )which will study those accidents and come out with suggetions to avoid them?

I do not know if everyone will agree, but majority of accidents i have seen
are of private vehicles.

The round round section is the ghat section where two wheelers are allowed. There are two exits to Lonavala and while both are clearly indicated, the first one can take first time users by surprise. However, the second one is on a straight stretch of the road and is well marked at 1.5, 1 and 0,5 km marks. Hope this will help on your next ride.

I do wonder though which exit your friend was referring to before the toll, as to the best of my knowledge there is none.

The overall signage could do with an overhaul though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
In certain places there are no proper indication whether the road leads to Express highway or not. Especially in the ghat section (sorry, I do not remember the names, if there are any).

Later when I reached the ghat section (the road goes round-n-round, sorry if I am not using any right words), I happened to enter Express Highway. Then there was no turning back (could not find U-turn). Just took the 3rd lane and headed towards Pune. Luckily no one caught me. Called up my friends just before hitting last Toll booth, they asked to take any immediate exit to avoid fines.

They really need to work on installing sign boards.

The laden trailers from the steel yard alongside the Kalamboli ramp and the apathy of IRB are to thank for that stretch.

Quote:
Has anyone tried getting on to the expressway to go towards Pune from Kalamboli. The entry road, rather there is no road only craters, to get onto the expressway is in horrible shape. And it has been this way for the last 2 years i guess based on my earlier experience.

Isn't this also the responsibility of the authorities maintaining the expressway?

Our engineers & for that matter the very same contractors (save for the one who worked from the Poona end) have made some of the best all weather roads all over the globe including the now famous road network in IRAQ. It all depends on the intent with which the infrastructure tenders are floated and awarded.

Quote:
Our engineers still do not know how to make a road for slow moving heavy vehicles. They always get damaged very soon as they are made. May be they should try 500 mm thick concrete with hardener to make such sections of roads/ truck terminus, bus stations, etc.

Maintenance of YCEW by IRB is very shoddy and poor. Not only at Kalamboli it is seen everywhere.
1. They can not even replace the broken sections of Plastic speed breakers at toll plazas.
2. Many places protective railing (Crash barriers) damaged by vehicles are not replaced.
3. Fused light bulbs in Tunnels are not replaced.
4. Worn out Lane markings are not marked.

and many other points..

Still they collect toll..more than Rs. 1,50,00,000 every day.

What the person told you is absolutely correct. That bridge can be seen in most of the 70s and 80s movies whose story lines include ransom drop off related to kidnapping or scenes involving outraging the modesty of females et all.

Quote:
Folks i had this question in my mind for a long time.

Why is the bridge prone to accidents on the expressway called the Amrutanjan bridge.

One person told me that many years ago there used to be a huge neon sign at that place for Amrutanjan balm hence the name. Is that correct? I don't think that sign is there anymore unless i missed it.
khoj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 21:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Sir ji, I was more interested in the Khaan Paan section of the said thread other then car speeds, traffic voilations, lane cuttings etc etc ,all these come later.I have faced all these overpriced malls on the Expressway.

Last edited by GTO : 13th February 2012 at 14:08. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
Old 12th February 2012, 13:27   #43
BHPian

One rule I follow very strictly is this:-

When doing long drives keep varying the speed of the vehicle, with some slow running to allow the tyres to cool (relatively). So after a 15-20 minute dash at 100+, run for the same time @ 80 or less.

On concrete roads you have to be doubly careful as the tyres heat up more easily. Unless you have atleast 60% headroom in terms of tyre rating ( speed rating) you can be setting yourself up for some serious trouble due to tyre burst.
Old 12th February 2012, 18:40   #44
BHPian

SAD but true!! The very purpose the Expressway was constructed has been lost!!! At times it’s like the old days!! . and don't forget the Shivneris (MSRTC VOLVOs) and the Cool Cabs!! At the rate the volume of traffic is increasing another couple of lanes will be needed soon!!
Old 12th February 2012, 21:22   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ Honeybee, Expressway, except for Ghat section, is actually designed for 120 kmph. The lane widths, Horizontal and Vertical Curves, banking on curves, all are designed for 120 kmph and they confirm to specifications for 120 kmph. Being from infrastructure related sector, we had 2-3 times visited the site during construction period and had interacted with the engineers who designed this expressway. In the Ghat section it is different story as the alignment that was proposed by MSRDC was not passed by the Ministry of Environment and forest and hence they had to upgrade the existing ghat section to expressway and that's why even two wheelers are allowed in that section.
Great thread, and good point. What we need in India is sensible laws, which people can conceivably follow, and strict enforcement. What we have is stupid laws that no-one in his right mind will follow, and zero enforcement.

Driving at 120 is certainly not unsafe. If the speed limit were set at 120 kmph, and strict monitoring through speed cameras (including average speed cameras) were enforced, it would become a lot safer. At an 80 kmph speed limit, almost no-one, except idiot truck drivers with overloaded trucks stays below the limit.

Further, what makes roads dangerous is speed differentials between vehicles. In the early days, we did not have truck traffic on the expressway as the alternate road was free. But we now have a much larger number of trucks using the expressway, and unfortunately, a number of them drive as slowly at 50-60 kmph, which in a road designed for 120 kmph speeds is as dangerous as driving at 160 kmph.

Also its over a decade since this road was built, and in an economy growing at 8% p.a., not adding capacity in such a long time is clearly unacceptable. So we have two choices - either widen this expressway or build a new one (this time not bothering about squirrels in the ghats).

Slightly OT but the point on stupid traffic rules goes beyond the expressway. The JJ flyover had a 60 kmph limit, which was dropped to 30 kmph for no good reason. The rules on mobile phones are also insane; requiring people to keep the phone OFF when in a car. Unreasonable rules lead to a lack of respect for the law. But perhaps they are by design - so that cops have the ability to extract bribes whenever they feel like doing so

Most Viewed