Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2012, 19:32   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Road rage confession

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
..... That was when I lost my cool ...... which basically had no outcome rather than just increasing our blood pressure.

After this incident, I thought to myself that I should have just let the egoistic moron be and not ruin my day with such idiots.
Words of wisdom my friend. The trouble is this wisdom comes to us only after having been through experiences such as the one you described.

I feel, letting them be and moving on is the key to surviving on our streets. After all, we already have n number of things to worry about, why make it n+1?
Old 19th August 2012, 19:55   #77
BHPian

I cannot tolerate honking. In a traffic signal, as the countdown hits 9,8.., drivers start honking. For each honk, I start reversing my car until they do not stop honking. Its a bad habit and violation of road rule (You are not permitted to do so). I have done this to APE/Tata/Mahindra/water tankers as these folks do not value others lives and time. There are citizens too doing the same and I make sure that I do not budge after 2-3 seconds pass.
Old 19th August 2012, 21:38   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
I cannot tolerate honking. In a traffic signal, as the countdown hits 9,8.., drivers start honking. For each honk, I start reversing my car until they do not stop honking. Its a bad habit and violation of road rule (You are not permitted to do so). I have done this to APE/Tata/Mahindra/water tankers as these folks do not value others lives and time. There are citizens too doing the same and I make sure that I do not budge after 2-3 seconds pass.
Haha that is funny. But what if one day your car is rolling backwards on an incline and someone is trying to get your attention? Just saying
Old 20th August 2012, 11:11   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For each honk, I start reversing my car until they do not stop honking
Doesn't this backfire? I mean seeing a car reversing, don't they start to honk even more?

I agree though, honking sure is one thing that can get tempers rising. Yet to find a solution to this.
Old 20th August 2012, 23:18   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do this to the idiotic cabbies at traffic signals who expect you to crawl so that they get a rolling start each time the signal is about to turn green.
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:32   #81
BHPian

Quote:
I do this to the idiotic cabbies at traffic signals who expect you to crawl so that they get a rolling start each time the signal is about to turn green.
Impatience and Indians are synonymous. On the road, people are ready to compromise their safety and pull up to the middle of the junction causing a traffic snarl on the oncoming side. This is not just on road but even on a plane. The moment a plane touches the runway you hear a few pax unbuckle their seat belts without realizing that this the time (landing roll out) they need the seat belt most.
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:59   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver View Post
The moment a plane touches the runway you hear a few pax unbuckle their seat belts without realizing that this the time (landing roll out) they need the seat belt most.
I have seen this happen all over the world. This is not specific to us Indians. The impatience on road however is.
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:29   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
I have seen this happen all over the world. This is not specific to us Indians. The impatience on road however is.
Have u been on an Middle East/Far East to India flights ?? I have seen people getting up once the aircraft vacates the runway in other countries like south africa but only in India (probably our neighbours too) did I see people get up even before the nose wheel touches the runway during landing. Domestic passengers are much better behaved than the ones on these flights.
ps. sorry for the thread drift.
Old 22nd August 2012, 16:32   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver View Post
Have u been on an Middle East/Far East to India flights ?? I have seen people getting up once the aircraft vacates the runway in other countries like south africa but only in India (probably our neighbours too) did I see people get up even before the nose wheel touches the runway during landing. Domestic passengers are much better behaved than the ones on these flights.
ps. sorry for the thread drift.
OT: Just for fun "please actions should not be tried or imitated in real life ": Sir, keeping in line with the motto of road rage, I would say have an air-rage. Just like the oxygen bag drop down automatically, have a hand which would drop down and slap the passenger untill he sits and puts on his seat belt. or have a feature like in the movie theaters(folding bottom portion of seat) that can be activated from cockpit or by the cabin crew. The moment passengers get up silently recline the sitting portion so that when the passenger wants to sit after taking his luggage out, will fall, only to his shame in front of whole lot of other passengers or if many fall, then we can have an youtube channel full of "just for laughs". Oops I am going to be banned for this!

Road rage and highbeam driving: check this out:

There are many such examples of mighty 14 metre monsters doing such tricks. Look from 3:05! If a B9R is on the tail doing this, how is one supposed control his blood pressure?
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:55   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
OT:

Road rage and highbeam driving: check this out:

There are many such examples of mighty 14 metre monsters doing such tricks. Look from 3:05! If a B9R is on the tail doing this, how is one supposed control his blood pressure?
This guy is far better than the others on road. He was dipping his light nearly every time an opposite vehicle came and when he got close to the bus in front (at 3.44) he changes to low beam and stays that way.

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th October 2012 at 12:17. Reason: Please DONT copy videos in your quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:18   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
even managed to show him the middle finger.

But instead of listening to me, he started abusing me and threatening to hit me...
You showed him the finger, and expected him to be calm?

The fool probably didn't even know what he did wrong.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 07:32   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
You showed him the finger, and expected him to be calm?

The fool probably didn't even know what he did wrong.
Not at all. He knew what he did. As I said, he clearly did that on purpose.

And when I went to talk to him, he says "that fool is driving so slow, he deserves that".
Old 30th August 2012, 20:06   #88
BHPian

getting the last word in..a coolant to all teh rage building up.

My contribution to this thread:
sometime in april i was driving along a pretty major road in Hyderabad . this was a road without physical dividers instead has the double yellow/white solid lines indicating one way on each side.
Well i was on the right side lane because there was a left turn coming up and i had to keep going straight. out of the blue a motorcyle that was coming from the oncoming side cuts into my lane in very poorly and rashly planned overtake maneuver i was stuck because i cant cut left owing to the traffic in teh left hand lane and cant brake because the car behind me was literally kissing my bum(per).anyone from hyderabad and banglore can relate.
due the biker's amulets, lucky stars guardian angels etc ... his rear view mirror clipped my driver side ORVM and nothing else happened. i swallowed the lump of bile and anger that reached my throat and let out a few chosen expletives in the confines of my windows closed car and continued.

next intersection i take left and continue on my way when all of a sudden the same guy is honking and yelling. i stop my car and lower the window about 6inches. this is the standard procedure i follow. i never get out of the car unless the situation warrants it.
anyway. there is a couple on the bike and they come up to my window and start yelling at me..i was like
because starts off by saying that just because i have a car i dont have the right to ill treat bikers and my actions could have killed him.
after waiting for about a minute and half to let him vent i told him that he performed an illegal maneuver and i didnt want to take the risk of cutting to teh left.
until this point i had assumed that he was stupid. but now the 'gaalis' started. he was like MC,BC ill have you run over with my friends safari.
i had reached end of my patience.
then his wife starts calling me a B(starred).
that was the watershed moment. yet i just told her shut up. Khatham baat.he starts getting violent and is like how dare you talk to my wife that way. this was getting ridiculous so i do what i am best at, i:e attacking their self esteem and pride. at the loudest voice i can(pretty loud trust me)i tell him to shut up and let me talk .i tell him he called me and MC and BC and i kept quiet.
some salient points from my speech.
1) its sad that his parents did such a terrible job of bringing him up that he views mothers and sisters that way.
(ye aap ki galti nahin, par aapke maa-baap bacche ko paidha kiye magar unko kuch tameez aur samskar nahi sikhaye. hamare ghaar me maa, beheno ki aadhar karthe hain aap jaise nahin hain)
2) he was was riding his bike rashly without helmet showing that he did not value his or his wife's life as much i value the mirror of my car.
(aagar aap ko aapki aur uski jindagi mey 5rupai ki value nahin hain thi mera kya kasoor hain.)
all this while he was staring at me trying to comprehend my broken hindi.now the scene is such that he and she on the passenger side of my car im across the bonnet on the driver side and his bike is next to drivers door.
as i deliver my third and final salvo i take his bike keys in the hyderabad police style and sit in the car and before he realizes that.
i tell him i know why are you so angry..if i had married her i would be so angry too.and i pull off and throw the keys back at him about 100 metres away.

and go home with a grin on my face for being able to get in the last word.
sorry for the long post..
regards
Harsha
harshaguduru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 10:40   #89
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday on the Mumbai-Pune expressway, coming back from Pune, almost at the fag end of it, some 500m from the Panvel exit. I in my Safari overtake a silver i20 from the right and move on. My speed is about 100kmph and the i20 must be at about 90kmph or so.. no issues, then once out of the expressway we hit the main big signal at Panvel junction. A tempo has broken down at the right most lane, leaking diesel, the tempo driver and cleaner have roped off a section, and are redirecting traffic to merge to the middle lane to avoid the spill. I am in the right most lane, so I turn on my left indicator and am slowly merging into the middle lane, come this same i20 again and he is edging his way to ensure I cannot merge into his lane, anyways I stop to let him go and merge behind him. Once the road opens up I spot a free left lane and change over to left and overtake him and several other cars.
Some distance ahead, he pulls over to my left, slightly ahead, rolls down his window and gives a full middle finger salute !!!

I am not sure how I offended him, or his manhood, but I lose it!! Gun the throttle and pull ahead of him, sverve into his lane and hard brake. The guy panics and performs a full screeching, rubber burning panic stop. Then I flash him a full middle finger salute and a fist clench and proceed.

I am not joyous at what I did, and I should have kept my cool. But getting a vulgar guesture, when I didnt break any rules, was polite on the road was taking it too far. The moron if he is reading this should know, what if I had rammed into him? You have a wife and a kid riding in the rear seat of ur puny ride. Watch it man!!!
I am sorry ur assnine behaviour made me into an animal too...
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 18:07   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
The guy panics and performs a full screeching, rubber burning panic stop. Then I flash him a full middle finger salute and a fist clench and proceed....
. The moron if he is reading this should know, what if I had rammed into him? You have a wife and a kid riding in the rear seat of ur puny ride. Watch it man!!!
I am sorry ur assnine behaviour made me into an animal too...
What if he was not able to brake in time and rammed into your huge SUV? What would have happened to his wife and kid?
Not trying to point out it was your fault, but your actions could have got you into a state your regret all your life. Next time I hope you can be calmer and let him go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks