Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2012, 14:07   #106
BHPian

Re: Road rage confession

This happened a couple of days back on ORR.

I got cut off by a i20 driving very badly. The driver of the i20 almost drove me off the road into the road partition. I generally ignore such things and drive on. But that day I don't know what happened to me. It was as if Satan had entered my body and taken over my mind.

I overtook the i20, and blocked him off. I got out and motioned the driver of i20 to come out. He started arguing that he had put the indicators on, and hence he was right (in driving me off the road). Satan inside me got real angry. And what happened next is something I wish I had not done. I opened the boot of my car and took out the car jack. And banged the car jack on i20. TWICE. The driver of i20 was scared to death. Since the driver window of i20 was open, I was about to use car jack to bash into driver's face when I saw he had two children (aged about 5 and 9 years) in the back seat.

The Satan left the body. I stood there confused at what I had done. The driver of i20, just sped off as If he had escaped death. I walked back slowly to my car and drove off.

I realize that i20 was at mistake when he drove wrongly. But I don't want to use that as an excuse for my shameless behavior. This is my first and last time of such a behavior. And if by chance that driver ever reads this (i20 car number ending 585), I would also wish to apologize in person.
carbookie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 14:56   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie

I got cut off by a i20 driving very badly. The driver of the i20 almost drove me off the road into the road partition. I generally ignore such things and drive on. But that day I don't know what happened to me. It was as if Satan had entered my body and taken over my mind.

I overtook the i20, and blocked him off. I got out and motioned the driver of i20 to come out. He started arguing that he had put the indicators on, and hence he was right (in driving me off the road). Satan inside me got real angry. And what happened next is something I wish I had not done. I opened the boot of my car and took out the car jack. And banged the car jack on i20. TWICE. The driver of i20 was scared to death. Since the driver window of i20 was open, I was about to use car jack to bash into driver's face when I saw he had two children (aged about 5 and 9 years) in the back seat.

The Satan left the body. I stood there confused at what I had done. The driver of i20, just sped off as If he had escaped death. I walked back slowly to my car and drove off.

I realize that i20 was at mistake when he drove wrongly. But I don't want to use that as an excuse for my shameless behavior. This is my first and last time of such a behavior. And if by chance that driver ever reads this (i20 car number ending 585), I would also wish to apologize in person.
This is absolutely pathetic. I am sorry but it is. Had the kids not been there you would have actually been behind bars. This is why I don't carry a baseball bat in my car.

It is good to see you coming out clean. A pat on the back confession for sure.

But still you cannot be so violent so as to damage property or injure people. Had he retaliated and this escalated further one of you would not be alive. I know this is a confession thread but this is indeed something which isn't just stupid but very dangerous too. There are of course no words to justify your behavior.

Please take this as an example and never do this again. Think of your immediate family and what their future would be with you behind bars. Also take some time to reflect how scared those kids would be.

I see no reason why he shouldn't file a police complaint against you.

Please ensure you do introspect and take an oath to never be violent again.

P.S : Someone is always waiting for you to come back safe. Even idiotic drivers have family waiting.

I am although impressed by the fact that you had the guts to make this confession. Please keep your temper in control. If traffic is driving you nuts I suggest you take public trandport for a while. Believe me sitting in an auto and commuting to work is like therapy specially with your ipod giving you company.

Last edited by AbhishekB86 : 14th November 2012 at 15:05.
AbhishekB86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 15:07   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post

Satan inside me got real angry. And what happened next is something I wish I had not done. I opened the boot of my car and took out the car jack. And banged the car jack on i20. TWICE. The driver of i20 was scared to death. Since the driver window of i20 was open, I was about to use car jack to bash into driver's face when I saw he had two children (aged about 5 and 9 years) in the back seat.
I appreciate the fact that you have the guts to post what you did.

On the overall picture, things might have looked more differently. In last page, I have an incidence where I was rather a victim. Nothing to worry about in that case, but remember that situations can get tough.

What if the guy had accelerated when you were hitting on his hood ?

He could have run over you or trapped you in between his car and your car. Eye witness would speak that you were assaulting his property and threatening him, so his act of accelerating and running over you was an act of defense ( and he was also having kids ).
This is last resort which I had almost used in A'bad. Two guys on bike suddenly arrive at junction, hit a Santro's front bumper, ignore that and come in front of my car. The guy riding pillion acts as if he was going to spit pan on my car. At that point of time, I pressed clutch, and floored throttle. The engine growl made those bikers disappear. Had he spit, I would have hit him for sure.

Do not get out of your car in these situations. Its unsafe in the first place, and also no point in wasting time + increasing your blood pressure for jokers.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 01:30   #109
BHPian

This happened a couple of years back. I was taking a right turn at a crossroad traffic circle. Some tapori guy with some sad tired girlfriend chick (We all know the type) gave me a nice shock as he took his right turn from the wrong side of the island, ie from the direction I was going towards. This poor schematic may make sense:
Quote:
.S
.B C Q
. O
.A D R
.P
I was going from P to Q via points A-B-C
This dude was going from R to S via points D-C-B instead of D-A-B. Point C is where we almost collided.

So anyway, he made me brake really hard. If I didn't have good reflexes and disc brakes, he would have been a goner. So I gave him a choice swear word and went on my way. But this apparently was a huge insult to him witnessed by his thaki hui girlfriend, so he chased me for a while and gestured at me to pull over, so I did. I learnt first hand then that logic and fact have nothing to do with reality. I pointed out his fault and how it put him and his girl at risk, not me. But his attention was completely focused on how I abused him (I only did that ONCE. For HIS fault). I did not abuse him further and did not say or do ANYTHING threatening. I kept my pretty short temper under check as long as I could, it's a miracle I did not hit him first. It all boiled over when he kicked me without getting off of his bike. Big mistake. He made an assumption that I was a soft target because I'm tall and thin (frail looking), and I pulled over easily. What I'm sure he did not count on is the half an hour of jogging and boxing I do every day. I lost it at that point, and punched him so hard in the chin that both him, his girlfriend, and his bike toppled over. Then I gave him the finger and drove away before he could get up.
I'm not sure if this counts as a confession because I have no regrets. I made sure he was punished in a way, and that no lasting harm came to him, me, or his girl. Hopefully he learnt his lesson.

P.S. For those who think I should not have reacted the way I did- it could have been an old fella crossing the road instead. Maybe your own parents. If someone is arrogant enough to break rules, put people in danger, and STILL have the audacity to chase and abuse other people, then they deserve what I gave this guy. Otherwise I'm one of the most non-violent people you'll meet. I didn't choose to "educate" this fellow till he chased after me and kicked me. This is exactly the kind of person who'll hit-and-run. As far as the girl is concerned, if she's dumb enough to hang around with a creep like that, then it's evolution at work.

P.S.2 (Is there such a thing?): Even if it ended in a police station, that would've been fine with me. I don't intend on ever leaving the country and I'll willingly suffer jail time for what I know is right.
RM2488 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 03:02   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbookie View Post

I got cut off by a i20 driving very badly. The driver of the i20 almost drove me off the road into the road partition. I generally ignore such things and drive on. But that day I don't know what happened to me.
First of all, thanks for sharing your confession.
I must admit that there were times when i came quite close to where you were in rage. Had i stayed back in India, I would have surely crossed that point.
And this is what is scary. Perfectly normal people like you and me, with a decent education, a job and a loving family, tending to completely lose all sense of civility without being aware of it, in the blink of an eye. "I dont know what happened to me"
Equally bad is the possibility that you can be at the recieving end of an altercation where the other person didn't know what got into him and you become the vicitm of a road rage.
Old 21st November 2012, 08:45   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM2488 View Post
This happened a couple of years back. I was taking a right turn at a crossroad traffic circle. Some tapori guy with some sad tired girlfriend chick (We all know the type) ........... So I gave him a choice swear word and went on my way. But this apparently was a huge insult to him witnessed by his thaki hui girlfriend, so he chased me for a while and gestured at me to pull over, so I did. ............... As far as the girl is concerned, if she's dumb enough to hang around with a creep like that, then it's evolution at work.
Well, what you did to the guy is fine if you think it is and if you were ready for any repercussions. But your perceived notion and the description about this girl is probably not morally right/correct. Just focus on the guy (with your choice of adjectives) while narrating the story and mention the girl as a female-pillion-rider. Why be judgmental about her and her choice of partner?

Apart from this, drive safe.
creative420 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 10:59   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Well, what you did to the guy is fine if you think it is and if you were ready for any repercussions. But your perceived notion and the description about this girl is probably not morally right/correct. Just focus on the guy (with your choice of adjectives) while narrating the story and mention the girl as a female-pillion-rider. Why be judgmental about her and her choice of partner?

Apart from this, drive safe.
You're right, of course . But my ability to be objective sharply declines with how angry I get. I did mention the short fuse. Apologies to the girl
Old 23rd January 2013, 09:09   #113
Senior - BHPian

Man these Aussies are crazy!

amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 11:30   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Man these Aussies are crazy!
Just because this was recorded on video we all are shocked to see it. I can assure you I have seen worst in Mumbai alone which includes stone throwing, helmet throwing, gang wars (literally) and we all have read about use of knives and guns.

Idiots will be idiots all over the world!

Soon we should have a new chapter for driving license test. How to avoid road rage and how to escape road rage?
Old 23rd January 2013, 12:03   #115
BHPian

tempers do flare up, especially after one's stuck in a long traffic jam. I drive a Jeep in Bangalore and has always escaped being "cut-off" or threatened in any way, was quite happy leading a peaceful life pottering along slowly in the left lane.

This was till I decided to Cycle to and from office everyday, for residents of Bangalore you will understand the traffic from HAL to Bellandur along Old Airport Road and ORR at 5 PM.

I've found that people are generally kind to Cyclist and most of the time they do go the extra mile to leave some distance for the cyclist, even the Indica's and TT's of Bangalore

This however happened yesterday, I was crossing the Marathahalli bridge on foot, pushing my cycle; traffic was at a stand still and I was carefully making my way across the traffic, at this point I'm at the last line of cars and waiting for the Bike's to let up on the last lane. At this point the Palio I was crossing decides to roll forward and as I'm watching despite my tries to get attention from him rolls straight into me, now this was a distance of less than a meter and I wasn't hurt other than a bruise to my leg. The situation ended with a few choice swear words from me and the driver of the Palio "shrugging" his shoulders; I doubt though if I was not as vulnerable as I was in the Cycle alone with 3 people in the Palio if the situation would've been the same.

I remember the number and the color of the Palio and do believe that if I come across him while I'm in the Jeep, things will not be so nice for him.

I know that this is a sort of residual anger over an incident that's done and dusted but do seriously believe that he needs a strongly worded lecture on common sense and respecting the space of cyclist

Off Topic : I have to tell you from experience that and Old Jeep is the best vehicle for any of our congested Metro's
ortopilot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 14:05   #116
Senior - BHPian

Happened 2 days back, A 40 year arounds uncle in an accord cut me off and almost made me kiss the big divider near Somaiya College, Sion on the highway. He braked ahead again and did the same thing, this time my tyre was a nail pin away from the divider and I stood on the brakes. I was doing around 85. This was at 11 o clock in the night, so light traffic on the road.

Normally I would just let them get out of my sight by slowing down by quite a margin, but today was not that day. My heart and head were filled with the desire to give him the taste of his own medicine.

I downshifted from 5th to 3rd and got right his rear bumper like an inch. He started revving and cutting lanes, but a Swift is way more agile in the light city traffic. I got on his side and just as I was about to do the unthinkable of pushing him of the road, a random thought hit my head, "Rohan, you are 26 and look how you behave", I was ashamed of myself as this is exactly the behaviour which I cuss at when I see other road users doing it.

Instantly put her back in 5th by skipping 4th gear, the swift moved out of turbo band , hence all the shove and push was gone and so was the increase in speed. The accord was gone from my front glass and temper was back to 0.

Phew !
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 22:27   #117
BHPian

Well...I had an experience last weekend which may not qualify as a 'ROAD RAGE', but definetely is a 'PARKING RAGE'.

I had gone to a neighbourhood market in my Safari and parked the car at an angle to the curb parallel to all other cars. This is how all cars are parked on that road. I had my wife and 2.5yr old daughter with me.

After coming back to the car in precisely 15mins, I noticed a HR registered Honda City parked right behind my Safari on the middle of the road leaving no space for me to reverse and move out. I enquired with the local shopkeeprs sitting around and they had no clue where the owner was. I waited for 10-15 mins but the driver was nowhere around. Then the locals asked me to check in the cafe coffee day shop on the opposite side. When I went inside and asked if someone has parked their HR registered honda city behind my car, one young chap with a harayan vi accent came over and says 'yes, it could be mine'. I tell him why has he parked like that since I cant take my car out, he starts telling me I should not speak to him in a loud tone. I got furious!. He comes out, sees the car, and says, no that is not his car. I did not have anything further to say to him. I went back, and I dont see any other honda city car parked around. Therefore my presumption was that this honda city had to be his car and he was only taunting me...

What I did after that was crazy. I got into my Safari, reversed, banged into the Honda City with force, pushed the car all the way into the middle of the road, turned around and drove away. The local shopmen were telling me to stop since I was hitting the honda, but I did not care. The honda had a huge scratch and a deep dent on its left side doors. The only thing my Safari suffered was a minor scratch on the extreme edge of the right corner bumper and on the spare wheel cover.

I was initially a bit scared that I am gonna get into a fight (especially with wife and 2.5 yr daughter around) with the owner coming over and stopping me, but nothing happened.

Though I do not like to engage in road rage, but this kind of a thing really turns me off. Why cant drivers have a simple sense of parking at the right place. And if parked in an improper fashion, inform locals about where he can be found?? It makes life so simpler for every one.

This is just common sense which probably most drivers on the road LACK!!!
Old 23rd January 2013, 22:48   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
Well...I had an experience last weekend which may not qualify as a 'ROAD RAGE', but definetely is a 'PARKING RAGE'.
You just openly confessed to committing a crime on a forum - property damage, hit and run etc. You can however safely assume that the honda city driver is not on the forum.
Old 23rd January 2013, 23:02   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
...I went back, and I dont see any other honda city car parked around. Therefore my presumption was that this honda city had to be his car and he was only taunting me...
It was your PRESUMPTION. What are the chances that you were wrong? He could very well have been telling the truth; maybe his car was parked somewhere a little far off. You yourself said that you couldn't see another city around. That certainly doesn't mean there are no chances that it wasn't around. Maybe you overlooked it.

I don't mean to demean you, but from what I understand, you intentionally caused considerably damage to somebody else's property based on a mere presumption. Sorry for being blunt, and I don't appreciate his actions if it was indeed his car, but the way I see it, there is a considerable want of better conduct.

I sincerely apologize if my words offend you. I am just sharing my frank opinion.
swarnava.m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 23:04   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortopilot View Post

Off Topic : I have to tell you from experience that and Old Jeep is the best vehicle for any of our congested Metro's
+1 to what you're saying. Jeep is the best vehicle to drive in city. No one will dare to come near but will give way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks