Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2013, 04:06   #166
BHPian

Re: Road rage confession

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Today I was in the Sector 29 Parking Lot(Gurgaon) which for no real use has been turned into a free parking. This has really turned it into a mess because free parking is for sensible drivers. I was getting out of the lot, but was stuck and shocked. I regulated the traffic, did my bit. Since the TBhp sticker is on my car, I do that a lot. And people thank too! This driver parked the car in the middle of the traffic, and only 1 car could get out at a time leading to a jam:-

Me: "Is this your car sir?"
He: "Haan, to?"
Me: "Take it to a side please"
He: "You ******, Drive your own car. Do not argue *****. Kid, go away **"[I am 18 and I have a licence too, I told him this]

I was raged, and I got out of the car almost to hit him because of this, but thanks to my little sister who was right next to me and stopped me showing the TBhp sticker on my rear windscreen, thanks to this community!
Although, I never argued for myself, I was easily getting out of the lot, but for 100 others who would be stuck because of this moron!
But, some people just test your patience, dont they? :(
What would have happened if there was no sticker on your car? Refrain from picking up or reasoning with anyone in Gurgaon it is not worth your time and effort and specially not when there is a lady in your vehicle & in your case a young girl. Good you walked away but sometimes that isn't enough. They will come after you. In a township where people are shot over toll receipts and MP's attacked opposite 5 star hotels, car jackings happening regularly and women being subjected to harrasment it is just not worth it. I am on alert and in check of my emotions when in Gurgaon.

Please note that I appreciate the pains you take to make it a better place but I will advise you not to risk your or your loved ones safety over petty issues. I am telling you this because I've had my share of road rage moments but I'd dare not get involved with anyone in Gurgaon. There's no chance if there's family with me.

You are a good citizen and you should be proud of yourself. Having said that please be careful on Gurgaon roads.
AbhishekB86 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 12:07   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
What would have happened if there was no sticker on your car? Refrain from picking up or reasoning with anyone in Gurgaon it is not worth your time and effort and specially not when there is a lady in your vehicle & in your case a young girl. Good you walked away but sometimes that isn't enough. They will come after you. In a township where people are shot over toll receipts and MP's attacked opposite 5 star hotels, car jackings happening regularly and women being subjected to harrasment it is just not worth it. I am on alert and in check of my emotions when in Gurgaon.

Please note that I appreciate the pains you take to make it a better place but I will advise you not to risk your or your loved ones safety over petty issues. I am telling you this because I've had my share of road rage moments but I'd dare not get involved with anyone in Gurgaon. There's no chance if there's family with me.

You are a good citizen and you should be proud of yourself. Having said that please be careful on Gurgaon roads.
Yeah, True that. This city is full of hooligans. The Commissioner of the city is a family friend. And we often talk about how bad the situation is, and even though I often try to do my bit, people in this city have zero respect for others and even their own selves. Shame to call it a cyber city!
Old 2nd January 2014, 17:17   #168
BHPian

I notices the maximum number of posts and experiences are from Delhi/NCR (known for it's short fuse and shorter temper). Having driven in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida for 6 years and most of it very late night and not very sanely, I guess I was plain lucky not to get into serious trouble. Today I cannot believe at the risks I have taken when I look back at those times. But as a (hopefully) more mature person , I realize that people will be people and road-rage can be cured only with better traffic education.
Let's use this new year to do our bit for sanity on Indian roads and next time the inner devil/Satan/road-rage monster starts to rise within you, think about this thread!
Old 9th January 2014, 10:12   #169
BHPian

Had a Road Rage incident today while dropping my kid to school at Napean Sea Road, Mumbai. My Car was stopped on the left of the road so my child could alight from the passenger side. Before exiting onto the single open lane I gave an right signal indicator saw a clear road and started to move. A Smoke Grey / Silver C-Class "MH-04-FA-4XXX" came flying downs the road, and in a show of force stopped a few inches from my car. The Driver who was also the Owner started screaming profanities from inside the vehicle, and immediately exited his car shouting "Ba*****" "F*****r" etc... All this in front of at least 10 kids & their mothers on the street. SHAME ON HIM!! I told him very calmly while seated inside, that I am driving properly and I gave a exit signal, saw the ORVM and then moved my car onto the road. It was him who was driving crazy fast and could easily have stopped 5 feet away. This didn't go down well with him and he continued with his display of being an "Alpha Male"...

Finally, When I told him "Aur Dikha apni aukaaat public ko", he turned away and got into his "C". I hit him where it hurts most, his Aukaat. After that for the next 4 minutes on the road he stayed around 50-60 feet behind me in case I decide to retaliate. He must have realized who would get a bigger Bill if this escalated into a physical duel of Civic V/s a "C".

Good for him I've learnt a lot on this Forum and only showed him a large smile when he passed me.

But even a smile wasn't good enough for him, at Worli Sea Face he came parallel to my car and hit my left ORVM with his bare hand in a Fit of Anger and a shower of Abuses. I started the Camera on my phone before he decides to go all Rambo. (View video below. The first 1-2 seconds or so is him screaming and after that speeding off.)

The moment he saw me doing something on my phone, he jammed his accelerator and sped off. So I decided to take a U-Turn and avoid the Moron.

Money can buy a C-Class but not Manners or Common sense!!

Last edited by mikem : 9th January 2014 at 10:19.
mikem is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 11:51   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
... I told him very calmly while seated inside, that I am driving properly and I gave a exit signal, saw the ORVM and then moved my car onto the road. It was him who was driving crazy fast and could easily have stopped 5 feet away. This didn't go down well with him and he continued with his display of being an "Alpha Male"...
... he came parallel to my car and hit my left ORVM with his bare hand in a Fit of Anger and a shower of Abuses... he jammed his accelerator and sped off. So I decided to take a U-Turn and avoid the Moron.

Sorry to hear this. We can't avoid this - this is degeneration of society in general. If you see the behaviour of Bangalore morning traffic, so many of such drivers are educated, but not "well-educated". We have to accept it and move on. Someone earlier said "no point in fighting a pig in garbage - the pig actually enjoys it !"
Old 9th January 2014, 12:10   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Had a Road Rage incident today while dropping my kid to school at Napean Sea Road, Mumbai.

Good for him I've learnt a lot on this Forum and only showed him a large smile when he passed me.

But even a smile wasn't good enough for him, at Worli Sea Face he came parallel to my car and hit my left ORVM with his bare hand in a Fit of Anger and a shower of Abuses. I started the Camera on my phone before he decides to go all Rambo. (View video below. The first 1-2 seconds or so is him screaming and after that speeding off.)

The moment he saw me doing something on my phone, he jammed his accelerator and sped off. So I decided to take a U-Turn and avoid the Moron.

Wow! Kudos to you for showing so much patience even after that moron physically tried to damage your car.

And that line about manners is absolutely true.

I was someone who used to pick up fights with such people. Like most of the others here, have realized that it is useless because if you fight, the other person in fact wins because that's what he wants and he gets it. It doesn't matter who wins it physically, physiologically you always lose.

Now the fact that I travel with my wife most of the times have helped me a lot to stay calm. And for last 3-4 years I have not got involved in road-rage at all. Compare this with one incident per week earlier.

Only last week two young drunk kids on bike tried to bully me and my car when I was coming back from dinner late at night with my wife and kid. They started this when they tried to overtake me and couldn't because I was not slow enough for them. They were abusing using their beautiful words and gestures. This continued for 5 minutes or so but I ignored. Later they saw that I am with a kid and a lady and they just ran away. Don't know why but I felt good that at least they have decency enough to understand that it is not good to fight in front of a kid.

Had this happened 3 years ago with no one in my car, I would have had a different story to tell - not the one I would feel good about. Only just because of "heat of the moment".
Old 9th January 2014, 12:31   #172
BHPian

Quote:
.. and he continued with his display of being an "Alpha Male"...

Finally, When I told him "Aur Dikha apni aukaaat public ko"
Woah, kudos to for handling the situation very well, even the educated these days aren't educated
I really wonder how am I going to handle these ragers when I get my license in may when I turn 18! Sad thing is, I don't even know the local language :-(
Old 9th January 2014, 13:06   #173
Mik
BHPian

Another tale from gurGAON and its local brethen.
Was riding the TVS Wego with wifey as pillion. A Santro came in from the side road and turned into the main road and instead of being in lane started cutting across and almost hit my wifey. I gestured furiously(as in showed him that his car is diagonal and hitting my bike) and went ahead. This hero pulled a stunt and blocked my way. A few abuses flew here and there and he started getting out of the car. The moment he got off his car, I sped away from the side - showed him the finger - gave back some of his MC/BC stuff and took the side road. I know the colony in and out so I was pretty sure that my Wego would easily dodge him off while I reach the police station.

Luckily for me - he didn't/couldn't chase.

Induced road rage -- Guilty.
Foolishness -- Absolutely guilty (considering its gurGAON)
A smile across my face for giving it back to these locals/thugs -- Blissful!

All of this rage of mine stems from being an inferior species in NCR since I prefer riding over driving. Have had embarassing situations in hotels and PVRs where they won't let you in since you are just a bike wallah and the PVR expects you to hang your 15k helmet on the mirror of the bike rather than keep it with the baggage storage. Don't even get me mentioning the 4 wheeled cagers.
Old 9th January 2014, 14:22   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Was riding the TVS Wego with wifey as pillion. A Santro came in from the side road and turned into the main road and instead of being in lane started cutting across and almost hit my wifey. I gestured furiously(as in showed him that his car is diagonal and hitting my bike) and went ahead. This hero pulled a stunt and blocked my way. A few abuses flew here and there and he started getting out of the car. The moment he got off his car, I sped away from the side - showed him the finger - gave back some of his MC/BC stuff and took the side road. I know the colony in and out so I was pretty sure that my Wego would easily dodge him off while I reach the police station.

Luckily for you - he only blocked you, had he been a local gunda you would have been reporting the incident sometime later... when you would have recovered from from injuries & leftist ego.

I have stopped riding on weekdays for the same reason, it's not safe anymore, especially when riding costly bikes or with fairer sex as pillion (they are always hovering around for a better dekho &/ or induce you to race).
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 14:29   #175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post

Induced road rage -- Guilty.
Foolishness -- Absolutely guilty (considering its gurGAON)
A smile across my face for giving it back to these locals/thugs -- Blissful!

All of this rage of mine stems from being an inferior species in NCR since I prefer riding over driving. Have had embarassing situations in hotels and PVRs where they won't let you in since you are just a bike wallah and the PVR expects you to hang your 15k helmet on the mirror of the bike rather than keep it with the baggage storage. Don't even get me mentioning the 4 wheeled cagers.
Your frustration & rage is understandable (isn't all of ours?), but PLEASE try to avoid indulging such people by reacting to provocation, subtle or otherwise.

Your (and your loved ones') safety is paramount, and no momentary 'I showed him' high can compensate for the risks involved.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th January 2014 at 14:33.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 14:36   #176
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Luckily for you - he only blocked you, had he been a local gunda you would have been reporting the incident sometime later... when you would have recovered from from injuries & leftist ego.
I fully agree with your 'gunda' reference and I do know that in gurGAON its better to steer clear of these mad chaps - however the very reason that he almost hit my wife got me reacting. Maybe if it was a Fortuner/Scorpio chhaap guy - I might not even have gestured. Have asserted to avoid such situations again.
Foolish on my part - Yes. 'Leftist' ego - definitely not. Consideration for other road users and equality irrespective of your mode of transport is not a leftist thought. Its a humane thought.

On a lighter note, the gatekeeper of my society salutes me when I take out the car and ignores me when I ride out on my Duke.

@Chetan_Rao: I fully agree This is after all a road rage confession thread.

Last edited by Mik : 9th January 2014 at 14:38. Reason: Added reply
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 15:26   #177
BHPian

This is not a confession, but this moron deserves even more. Last month I was on a 2 week vacation at my hometown, cochin. On my way back from a marriage function, I came across a moron with an Innova on AM Road. I was moving ~60-65 and all of a sudden one Innova joined my lane from a cut road very fast and while cutting across he was on a call. He cut across in spite of seeing my car approaching him. I had to stand on the brakes, ABS kicked and missed him by ~10ft and on frustration I honked. He continued without even looking back while on the phone. I usually gets disturbed on seeing people attending calls and driving careless. It got me really angry and overtook him and forced him to stop and gave him my piece of my mind without getting out of the car.

It hurt his ego and started tailgating me and honking continuously. So I decided not to allow him to overtake, even though I drove very slowly and waved him to come after me if he want to and giving signal lights on every turn, like inviting him for whatever he wants to. He followed me ~3-4kms and he gave up when I turned to a cut road. I also stopped there watching him, on seeing me stopping he sped off. I know it was not recommended to start a rage with these kind of brainless people on road, but he had crossed all the limits. Thank God, he gave up as it might turn bad for him as I had kept my pepper spray ready for him if he do something foolish.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 9th January 2014 at 15:30.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 15:36   #178
Senior - BHPian

All the above experiences, my own road experiences and the ones which happened with my friends have convinced me that we Indians are a race full of cowards. As long as we feel we are bigger, mightier, richer, more powerful than the other person we will try and do all we can to feed our ego, which involves verbal and physical abuse, road rage and the kinds. The moment we find out that the other person is more powerful than us, we put our tails between our legs and try to find a 'dignified' exit.
When I drive the Alto, I can see all tom dick and harrys trying to bully me on the road, the moment i drive the Safari, its the same dog with its tail between the legs story, I can cut and corner anyone I please and no one even tries to abuse. Not that I do so in any case, but saying so.
apachelongbow is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 16:00   #179
BHPian

Well this may be off topic but then most of this is why the road rage stems as a beast in some one who we see on the road.
As a cultural congregation our scoiety has woven this thread of indulgence and ineptitude as a sign of being macho/covering up our shortfall by various means/going to any extent to avoid being ridiculed .
It may be good to see in a kid of less than 5yrs or with a person of more than 70 but then whilst driving/riding it is a strict no no.

Why we do it is because we feel that the other guy does not know more than us and anyways till i am getting away why bother. Why else is wearing a seat belt a compulsive rule when it is given alongwith the vehicle. Covering/protecting the skull seems to be innocuous as compared to losing the crowning glory.

(BTW- we can use a tbhp sticker which reads- road rage is for the stone age)

Cheers
Dieseldunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 17:49   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Woah, kudos to for handling the situation very well, even the educated these days aren't educated
I really wonder how am I going to handle these ragers when I get my license in may when I turn 18! Sad thing is, I don't even know the local language :-(
If this was 2 years ago both his car and mine would be in for some bodywork!! His at the Merc A.S.S & mine at the local garage. The difference being his bill would have an extra 0 .

Anger messes up the body for a few hours, you cant think straight, and it also gives the moron you're thinking about, a front row seat to mess with your head!! So, I'd rather have a peaceful day at work myself and let him mess up his!! The last I saw of the Moron, his face was red, like he'd run a few miles!!! So, at the end of the day, I kept calm, kept him out of my head, but i'm sure I was in his head for quite some time after this incident!! So, I won the situation...not against him, but against every bone in my body which wanted to ram his car & teach him a lesson!! That's what I've learnt over here..respect the car you drive...It's a car not a boxing glove. Win your fights with your intellect...not fists!!

P.S: When you turn 18 and do get your license, put it snugly in your wallet and hire a driver!! It will be the second best use of money on your car. The first best being, buying the car itself.
mikem is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks